Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 05:07 PM
wearlaz
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have any experience with either the MOTOKRZR K1M or MOTORAZR V9M with AllTel? My concern is that AllTel frequently disables or alters features of some of their phones.

Thanks!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems I never came back on here to say that my very basic Verizon LG VX5300 has turned out to work just fine - all the names/numbers went in and continue to as I add them, voice dialing, etc.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
It seems I never came back on here to say that my very basic Verizon LG VX5300 has turned out to work just fine - all the names/numbers went in and continue to as I add them, voice dialing, etc.
Thanks! Somebody else beat you to the punch though Never hurts to hear from more than one person

Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM
mrdunn
1st Gear
New Moto verizon Adventure v750 and Bluetooth 2.0

I have a new LG vx8350 that works poorly with my CLubman S bluetooth. Verizon had just announced a new Moto v750 adventure with 2.0 bluetooth and the following profiles:
"Bluetooth
  • Profiles: Headset, Hands-free, Dial-up Networking, Advanced Audio Distribution (Stereo), Phonebook Access, Basic Printing, Basic Imaging, Serial Port Profile, Audio/Visual Remote Control, File Transfer, Generic Audio/Visual Distribution, Audio/Visual Distribution, Audio/Visual Control Transport Protocol, and Object Push Profile for sending & receiving Contact Name Cards, Calendar Events, and other non-protected data between devices"
Does any of the above indicate it will work well with the Clubman?

Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
MINIs use Hands-free and Object Push Profile, so theoretically it should work. The Treo 755p and the LG VX10000 are also supposed to offer hands-free and OPP, but ultimately don't work (the latest VX10000 firmware breaks compatibility, but earlier versions do work).

So a definite maybe.

It looks like OPP is limited to vCard access according to this review, so you can probably expect to making voice tags manually for voice control dialing, assuming that the address book does transfer.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 PM
minim8o
4th Gear
I can echo other post from a while ago that the Nokia 6310i phone & phonebook works very well w/the R56 line (not in the cradle... long story regarding that below). Oddity is my other car will d/l the "last calls" & "missed calls" and "received calls" list, where in the MINI, it only keeps/stores the calls made from or answered while in the MINI.

Now, a request for those who monitor this thread... asked here as this thread gets a big draw. ...

I ordered [and paid-for] Comfort Bluetooth, and bought the BMW OEM Snap-in for the Nokia 6310i phone before the car arrived; non-returnable special order. However, My car arrived without the center armrest. I specified to the dealership I only wanted them to retrofit the armrest if they also run the cable for the power & antenna connection.

I got word today the dealership can't/won't give me a retrofit (going tomorrow to get my $500 refund). Excuse: seems they can't get the wiring harness; some business from the guy in charge that there won't be a connector in my car to connect it too, as the harness is factory option specific and if the option wasn't installed the necessary plugs won't be on the harness. (is that total BS?!)

So wondering:

a) anyone who works @ BMW, any truth to that? .....can you find the part number for the factory armrest wiring harness of the R56? Shouldn't there be something for me to connect it to under my center console?

I could have sworn I once saw someone post a quick answer somewhere like "you can just make your armrest into comfort with this" and a link to a thread w/the wiring part number, or something like that... can't find it now ... beginning to think I made it up!

b) anyone know if I can use the BMW OEM phone snap-ins in the aftermarket 'euro' center armrest (assuming I can acquire the wiring harness of the Comfort option)? I think there's a circuit board in the factory armrest that won't be there (can't I buy it from the parts dept?) It seems "no" but thought I'd ask... I'm not adverse to any custom connector mfg'ing or harnass splicing either.

much thanx for any help...

Old 08-01-2008, 05:32 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by minim8o
I can echo other post from a while ago that the Nokia 6310i phone & phonebook works very well w/the R56 line (not in the cradle... long story regarding that below). Oddity is my other car will d/l the "last calls" & "missed calls" and "received calls" list, where in the MINI, it only keeps/stores the calls made from or answered while in the MINI.
The d/l of the missed, last etc seems to have been deleted from the programing my othe car a 03 BMW d/l this info.

Now, a request for those who monitor this thread... asked here as this thread gets a big draw. ...

I ordered [and paid-for] Comfort Bluetooth, and bought the BMW OEM Snap-in for the Nokia 6310i phone before the car arrived; non-returnable special order. However, My car arrived without the center armrest. I specified to the dealership I only wanted them to retrofit the armrest if they also run the cable for the power & antenna connection.
I see this as a load of crap. I have looked at the wiring diagrams and the connection spot are there in all cars with the Conv. Package as from what i can tell i connects directly to the ULF module not really to a harness.

They probably do not want to do it as it will take many hours of taking the car apart and they will get very little pay if any at all form MINI Corporate for it's mistake.

I got word today the dealership can't/won't give me a retrofit (going tomorrow to get my $500 refund). Excuse: seems they can't get the wiring harness; some business from the guy in charge that there won't be a connector in my car to connect it too, as the harness is factory option specific and if the option wasn't installed the necessary plugs won't be on the harness. (is that total BS?!)
I would tell them that the reason you purchased the Conv Package is for the armrest and bluetooth and that you did not need anything else in the package. Then i would tell them as they have not given you an dwill not give you the one peice you really whanted that they owe you back for the whole package which i believe was $1500 or $2000. DON'T settle for just $500 back. It is MINI's mistake and they should either correct it or refund you the total cost of the package. To help your cause show them the reciept and date on the receipt for the adapter as you seem to have gotten it before you even got your car. Obviously you were expecting to have the arm rest to use it in. Then tell them that as yo can not use the adapter because of their mistake they will have to take that back as well.

So wondering:

a) anyone who works @ BMW, any truth to that? .....can you find the part number for the factory armrest wiring harness of the R56? Shouldn't there be something for me to connect it to under my center console?

I could have sworn I once saw someone post a quick answer somewhere like "you can just make your armrest into comfort with this" and a link to a thread w/the wiring part number, or something like that... can't find it now ... beginning to think I made it up!
Not a BMW/MINI worker but if the parts was made and usable for the US market then they can get the part. The reason i say that is what if it got damaged in an accident, they would have to replace it then, they can't come back to you and say well "after an accident your **** will not work" they have to put it back to factory original.

b) anyone know if I can use the BMW OEM phone snap-ins in the aftermarket 'euro' center armrest (assuming I can acquire the wiring harness of the Comfort option)? I think there's a circuit board in the factory armrest that won't be there (can't I buy it from the parts dept?) It seems "no" but thought I'd ask... I'm not adverse to any custom connector mfg'ing or harnass splicing either.
Using it with the aftermarket arm rest is probably not easy as they are different sizes and yes there is other electronics in the OEM arm rest. The circuit board and the adapter must fit together just right or the contacts do not meet and make the proper connections. On that note "Nothing is Impossible"

Old 08-01-2008, 07:36 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Problem with Car not picking up calls to my RAZR2 as fast as before.

I have previously posted about my success in paring and syncing my Verizon RAZR2 v3m to my MINI. Everything was great for a while. Incoming calls were immediately picked up by the MINI Bluetooth. Not a peep out of the RAZR2.

Now, for some reason, when a call comes in, the RAZR (in my pocket) rings several times before the MINI Bluetooth recognizes the incoming call. When it does, I sometimes have trouble getting the MINI to answer the call by pressing the "accept call" button on the dash. I have actually missed calls because of this. (and they register on the RAZR as a missed call)

Any ideas why this might be happening? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the RAZR from the MINI Bluetooth, but no change.

Is there a way the dealer could 'flash' the Bluetooth in the car or something?

Thanks, Rich

Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Could it possibly have anything to do with your location, as in where you and your car are? Though I'd guess not if the calls are actually coming through and registering to your phone.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did your Razr update it's own software without you knowing? Many providers send out software updates once in a while.

My V3 Razr always rings once before the car does, unless it's on silent or vibrate.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:04 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Could it possibly have anything to do with your location, as in where you and your car are? Though I'd guess not if the calls are actually coming through and registering to your phone.

I don't think that would explain it. The RAZR is picking up the calls fine. The MINI bluetooth is just slow to pick up the incoming call now. Has anyone ever gotten a bluetooth software update or flash from the dealer? (Not even sure this is possible....)

Old 08-01-2008, 09:04 AM
richs10
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Minidrivr
Did your Razr update it's own software without you knowing? Many providers send out software updates once in a while.

My V3 Razr always rings once before the car does, unless it's on silent or vibrate.
Would that happen without me knowing it?

Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM
lincdr
1st Gear
I've read through this entire thread and found a couple directly related to the Blackberry 8130 and it sounds like this phone will work with little/no problems. I just picked up my MCS on Saturday and was given a warning from my MA about using a "non-approved" phone that is not on the compatibility list. I was told that if the phone locks up the system, and I assume the system means the BT module, this would not be covered by warranty to be fixed. My question is has anyone with a Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8130 had any problems as severe as locking up a BT module or any other electronics? From previous posts in this thread it looks like the Treo's have been able to do this.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
Originally Posted by richs10
Would that happen without me knowing it?
Some of them do.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 AM
lincdr
1st Gear
I went ahead and gave it a try. Paired easily and everything seems to be working fine so far.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lincdr
I went ahead and gave it a try. Paired easily and everything seems to be working fine so far.
Ah, shoot, sorry- I typed up a post in reply yesterday, but it looks like I forgot to submit it

There's been reports of the 8310 being good for a few months, and every report of the corrupted bluetooth module has been within 2-4 weeks, so I'd say it's a very safe bet, especially since the rest of Blackberrys also have such a good track record.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:58 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by schatzy62
I see this as a load of crap. I have looked at the wiring diagrams and the connection spot are there in all cars with the Conv. Package as from what i can tell i connects directly to the ULF module not really to a harness.

They probably do not want to do it as it will take many hours of taking the car apart and they will get very little pay if any at all form MINI Corporate for it's mistake.
Yeah, something's very fishy here. If you're missing a connector on the computer, then there's a good chance it's missing more than just the armrest. Hopefully you've got something you can use to compare your order against the delivered car?

non-returnable special order
If it were me, this would not be acceptable. The car didn't come as you ordered it. It'll be a tough fight if you've already taken delivery, but that is not your special ordered car. They told you they could make it the car you ordered and now they find that their mistake not correctable, either by policy or financial 'impossibility'.

Let's be honest- this isn't exactly a tough-selling market for a MINI dealership. Exchanging that car for the correct one wouldn't be a burden on them. There's probably someone out that that not only will take that car, but is actually looking for it.

If not, there's always things like your MINI USA survey, the BBB, and asking about how to submit a formal complaint

Old 08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by richs10
I don't think that would explain it. The RAZR is picking up the calls fine. The MINI bluetooth is just slow to pick up the incoming call now. Has anyone ever gotten a bluetooth software update or flash from the dealer? (Not even sure this is possible....)
If you are on Verizon then yes it can happen. Verizon will sometimes send out updates to their phones that break other functions on the phone such as bluetooth.

Just from experience with some LG phones only certain versions of phone firmware work while others do not. Take case in point LG VX10000 with version V3 firmware works but upgrade it to V5, V7, or V10 and it will not work. Also after the upgrade you can reload the V3 version of firmware but the bluetooth will still not work as there is something that the newer versions wrote to the phone that is not being erased or changed back.

SO it is possible that Verison made a change to the programing on your phone that has affected the bluetooth function.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
mrdunn
1st Gear
New Mini Phone List for Bluetooth by end of month

I just talked to Mini and was told that an updated Bluetooth Compatible list will be ready by the end of the month. I want to get a new Verizon phone and now will wait. The Moto Adventure looks like it would be the best for my needs, but I don't want to take a chance.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mrdunn
I just talked to Mini and was told that an updated Bluetooth Compatible list will be ready by the end of the month. I want to get a new Verizon phone and now will wait. The Moto Adventure looks like it would be the best for my needs, but I don't want to take a chance.
The USB accessible snap-ins for the compatibly equipped cars are supposed to be released in Sept, I bet the new list will become available with those.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:29 PM
mrdunn
1st Gear
Originally Posted by nicknbecka
The USB accessible snap-ins for the compatibly equipped cars are supposed to be released in Sept, I bet the new list will become available with those.
Can you tell more about what this is and if it works with the factory bluetooth convenience package in the Clubman S?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Minidrivr
6th Gear
By "snap-ins" do you mean the armrest cradles?

Those don't have anything to do with the bluetooth function. Tons of phones work with the Mini but only a few have a cradle available.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE

Those don't have anything to do with the bluetooth function. Tons of phones work with the Mini but only a few have a cradle available.
Although technically they do not have much to do with the actual bluetooth they do have to do with the cell phones which are bluetooth compatible.

But yes there are a lot of phones that do work that do not have cradles available. Just remember some of the new BMW cradles are not compatible with the MINI.

I would be willing to bet that half the phone on the list are discontinued.

Can you tell more about what this is and if it works with the factory bluetooth convenience package in the Clubman S?
If you already have your car then they will not do you any good. They are only for the cars that have USB running to the arm rest. This is something that is supposed to be happening on the 09's but it is still yet to be seen.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 AM
nicknbecka
6th Gear

Yeah, I haven't settled on what term is both clear and concise. While the Bluetooth functionality is separate, Mini (supposedly) announced that new armrest cradles would be available for 09 cars as of September 2008.

It makes sense that they would update the list to include these new part numbers, since they are meant to hold cell phones. Hopefully it means newly tested phones for us pre-09'ers too, but I'm not holding my breath

Old 08-11-2008, 06:48 AM
tjtull
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Got the Blackjack II Phones last night...My Phone had Full Integration w/Molly!! Hubby has yet to load his Contacts. Thanks NAMily!!
We'll soon be getting the Blackjack II as well. Since you've had yours for a couple of months, have you had any problems of note with integration and/or use of the phone in general?

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio Bluetooth compatibility list