Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Problem with real time traffic... please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Diamond_Joe_Quimby
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VOID*P
Also, I find it interesting that the report says the RTTI was inadvertently left out of the vehicle order. I didn't think it was possible to order the navigation system without it. It certainly wasn't an option on the configurator.
I have a 08 on order and when I access the owners lounge on miniusa and look at the spec's for my car the nav and the RTTI are both listed, separately. see below...

Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 PM
VOID*P
1st Gear
I looked at the Order Tracking for mine again and it wasn't listed as a separate option for me. Of course, since it wasn't presented to me as an option in the miniusa.com configurator or by my MA, I didn't realize that not having it listed might be an issue.

My guess is that it's "included" in the navigation system option on the configurator at miniusa.com, but when you actually order the vehicle, the MA has to specifically order it separately from the navigation system.

Anyway, it can be fixed after delivery now, so all is well.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
gregggreg
Neutral
My Mini dealership called me last Friday and said that my new code was in and I scheduled an appt to bring it in on Thursday. So I dropped it off there yesterday.

They called me in the afternoon and said that the voice command button was now working after they loaded the new code and that they thought that the real time traffic was working, too, but they weren't sure because there wasn't currently any traffic!

I told them that this wasn't acceptable and that they needed to know for sure if it was working. Thanks to this thread I was able to tell him to check if the option to turn it on was there in the settings menu and to look for the TI and the triangle icon on the nav screen.

The service guy called me a little while later to tell me that he checked and it wasn't working and he had someone looking into it. He called 30 minutes later and said that they "did a hard reset of the system" and that seems to have enabled the option to enable the real time traffic and it was now working.

I picked up the car this morning and my RTTI is indeed working. The service guy told me the same thing that the rest of you are saying here, which is that it is an option when the car is built at the factory that was inadvertently not enabled. Evidently they have to build custom code for each car which has it properly enabled. This process seems to take a week or two. Anyway it is working now and I am happy. Thanks to everyone else on this thread for your help.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:25 PM
astra
4th Gear
I just picked up my Clubman..and the real time traffic is working.. but ..

Is voice command an option? or is a std feature of the nav system?

Old 03-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by astra

I have the NAV, Bluetooth, and the Multi-function Steering Wheel. Voice activation came with mine. I can't say which of the above options include it, but I didn't specifically order voice activation.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:06 AM
japtor
2nd Gear
Mine was built week 5 or 6, picked up on Tuesday. It definitely has the traffic info, although I'm not sure how to show the stuff on the map. I did it before and saw the slow arrows, but no clue how it came up.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:37 AM
gregggreg
Neutral

I believe voice command comes with the multi-function steering wheel, which is required for the nav system, so you should have it if you have the nav system.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:24 AM
astra
4th Gear
well.. then....

I guess that part is not functional..

I would imagine it should work like the voice command on my phone...

push the button::: "Say a command"... speak etc ?????

ps. NO bluetooth, ipod or phone interface.....

Last edited by astra; 03-15-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-15-2008, 12:03 PM
gregggreg
Neutral
well.. then....

I guess that part is not functional..

I would imagine it should work like the voice command on my phone...

push the button::: "Say a command"... speak etc ?????

ps. NO bluetooth, ipod or phone interface.....
Well I do have the bluetooth/ipod interface, so maaaybe it comes with that, or maybe it's broken. Might be best to contact your dealer to ask them.

The voice command button is the one with the face on it with lines coming off of it. You hold it down for 1-2 seconds until you hear a beep (and a face icon like the one on the button shows up on the bottom of the map view on the nav system) and then you say a command. A list of commands you can say is in the manual at the end in the reference section. If you hold it down for several seconds and never hear the beep, that's what was wrong with mine. Getting the dealer to install new code in my car fixed it.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:33 PM
astra
4th Gear
Thanks...

I have discovered some other anomalies and will add that to the list!!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:32 PM
bridgehorse
2nd Gear
just an update to the traffic feature:

there is still no traffic update...i dont understand how some of the posts here claim that they have the traffic...the dealer said that all the dealers get the traffic update at once...so whenever that gets in, i will post here