2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks much

Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
vargasgal
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee
Taking a somewhat educated guess - I would put money on west of center. North of Hampton south of 70. Just a guess mind you but there will probably be multiple locations. Now I need a Pepsi, U2?
Nice clue. Surprised no one has noticed!

Old 04-12-2010, 02:44 PM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
.... I saw it. Just in disbelief

Old 04-12-2010, 02:50 PM
docv
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I saw it when it was orignally posted, don't like to gossip...

Old 04-13-2010, 08:23 AM
vargasgal
5th Gear
Maybe he was just thinking in txtng speak. KWIM?

Old 04-25-2010, 06:17 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AggieMini11
Got my room booked!
Michael, where did you book? I'm considering going, but probably can't get Hubby's cooperation this year. Is anyone caravanning from your area?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 AM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
I am in the vintage resort hotel. I may be caravaning to Atlanta to join in the festivities and motor with the official rally to Denver. If not, we should get a Texas meeting place, and then meet the official rally in Kansas City (Rumored : new york, chicago, and atlanta rallys are meeting in KC to all go to Denver together)

Old 04-26-2010, 10:46 AM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
I am in the vintage resort hotel. I may be caravaning to Atlanta to join in the festivities and motor with the official rally to Denver. If not, we should get a Texas meeting place, and then meet the official rally in Kansas City (Rumored : new york, chicago, and atlanta rallys are meeting in KC to all go to Denver together)
Nah. If I go, I'll take the route that gets to the mountains the fastest. Last year Google said to go from Houston to Copper Mountain via Wichita. Wichita!

(No offense to those of you who live in that fine city, capitol of general aviation, but it wasn't the way we wanted to go.)

Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
minimae
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by daffodildeb
Nah. If I go, I'll take the route that gets to the mountains the fastest. Last year Google said to go from Houston to Copper Mountain via Wichita. Wichita!

(No offense to those of you who live in that fine city, capitol of general aviation, but it wasn't the way we wanted to go.)
"Houston we have a problem" going to Wichita to get to Denver? Also rumored that OKC may be a stop for MTTS on August 11.

Last edited by minimae; 04-27-2010 at 07:46 AM. Reason: missing words
Old 04-26-2010, 07:32 PM
daffodildeb
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minimae
"Houston we have a problem" going to Wichita to get to Denver? Also rumored that OKC may be a stop on August 11.
Yeah, do a Google route from Houston (Willis, TX, actually) to Copper Mountain, and it takes you straight up the interstates. The stunning thing is that I figured out my OWN route, taking us to the mountains as quickly as possible, and adding in a couple of touristy stops before we got to C.M., and it was almost identical mileage. Of course it was slower, but not as much as you'd expect. All those nasty curvy roads, ya' know!

We found the same situation the previous year--Google's way from Houston to Washington, D.C., was within about 25 miles of MY route, via Texarkana, and the lovely roads from then on through Arkansas, Tennessee, and so on. THEY wanted me to go to New Orleans first.

I feel sorry for all those robotic cruise-control-&-aim drivers, who miss out on some of the country's most beautiful scenery...even more so for the kiddies watching the videos in the next two rows. I've traveled by car in every state except Alaska, and I'm still working on that one. Lots to see out there...

Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Too far for me :(

Just way too far for me... a 5000+ mile round trip

Hope the next one is out east.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MTTS in Winter Park on Friday with MITM, we'll have a great time. There's the NUF! car show, twisties, vendors, a BBQ and a social cocktail (and that's better then two days in Kansas). So check out our website for the place to stay during MTTS and MITM www.MINIsInTheMountains.com and be sure to tell them you're with MITM so you get our rate.
You people (what does he mean "You people"?) coming from the west you need to book your rooms now and just plan on spending the weekend with MITM. We'll be heading to Denver on Saturday to have fun with MTTS and then back to WP for our Mt. Evans run Saturday at midnight and then a brunch on Sunday at 11,000'. Better then coffee and donuts any day plus with your MITM registrations you get MTTS credentials for free. That's right, register for MITM and get into MTTS too! What a deal from your pals at MINI5280.
www.MINIsInTheMountains.com

Old 05-01-2010, 08:54 AM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
We're booked at the Vintage in Winter Park, and we're planning on taking the MINI-Poopers too, a lot of the events are supposed to be doggie friendly....

I agree with Daffodildeb that taking the scenic route is almost always better than just aiming endlessly down the superslab - but.....they're taking the east coast meet up - cars from NY, Chicago, and Atlanta are meeting in KC then taking 50 hiway to Dodge City! Where in the sam hill are 500 or so carloads of people going to stay in tiny, tiny Dodge City? And can you imagine the logistics of getting that many carloads of folks fed, gassed up, carwashed and on the road together? Mind boggling....

So I wonder why they didn't just zoom on I-70 straight to Denver, unless they needed to use up an extra days time to match up with the other arrivals? At any rate, the drive across Kansas and eastern Colorado in August will be well, interesting. Hope your A/C is working well.....we'll be right there with you if you come!

Attached Thumbnails Mini Takes the States 2010-img_0292r.jpg  
Old 06-01-2010, 05:03 PM
mstampfli
Neutral
Denver host hotels and events posted. Go check it out

www.MINITAKESTHESTATES.com

Old 06-01-2010, 05:48 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear

... and a reminder - MITM 2010 registration will get you free MTTS credentials also we have lodging available with a better view and only an hour from Red Rocks.
www.MINIsInTheMountains.com

Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Booked! I also booked a hotel in Dodge City. There doesn't seem to be a lot of hotels in that town. The whole Eastern US will be coming through there!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
Hey, what is the Rise and Shine Rally? Is it like the others (just say a destination and everyone goes) or like a real rally since we already are in denver.

Also, and I guess I am asing a bias crowd, should I do the Mt Evans run on saturday night, or the concert? Any more clues as to the performer?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Well if you've ever been to the top of Mt. Evans the answer is obvious. If you have not, it should be on your bucket list.

I'm just hoping we don't get 200 MINIs heading up at midnight (in post-concert condition).

Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
From MITM to the MTTS Festival area...

Old 06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
From MITM to Red Rocks and the MTTS Rise and Shine Rally...

Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM
AggieMini11
5th Gear
Man MiniMaybee, I hope you get paid a presidents salary because your job requires a lot! Thanks for all the help and responses!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:45 PM
maxxboy
3rd Gear

Also, and I guess I am asing a bias crowd, should I do the Mt Evans run on saturday night, or the concert? Any more clues as to the performer?
Looking at the MTTS Denver event schedule, it looks like all the event locations are within a few minutes from each other, all in the Denver area. I don't see anything about MITM, from what I gather is about an hour or so away. Are these two events competing?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
No, we are symbiotic.
Actually the west coast crowd will land in Winter Park and MITM on Thursday. Then on Friday MTTS is hosting a BBQ and other fun stuff in WP. Saturday we (MITM) will attend the MTTS activities in Denver before driving back to WP and then heading up Mt. Evans at midnight.
PS. Everything in Colorado is within a few minutes of each other (sometimes quite a few). Really though MITM to MTTS will be about an hours drive through some superb twisties.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Old 06-04-2010, 07:35 AM
maxxboy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMaybee

Then on Friday MTTS is hosting a BBQ and other fun stuff in WP.
I guess that's why I'm confused! The MTTS schedule shows the Garage Party at Infinity Park on Friday from 7PM to 9PM but nothing about a BBQ in Winter Park. Will these be going on at the same time?

Quick Reply: Mini Takes the States 2010