MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

MINI5280 Future Officer Bios 2014-2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 12:11 PM
old81
M6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI5280 Future Officer Bios 2014-2015

Posting area for the biographies of our future MINI5280 officers for 2014-2015.

Short, simple and MINI centric is what I hope to see from the folks nominated.

Voting will be soon and only for current, paid MINI5280 members via an online voting system, the voting link will be provided by Constant Contact email to our members only.

Don

Old 09-17-2013, 10:56 PM
BLU-BY-U
5th Gear
Rich Craighill BIO for Club President

I am from the east coast, but have been in Colorado for 22 years. I still have family in the Washington DC/Virginia area as well as Florida and New Mexico. I live in Longmont with my wife of 17 years, Teena (aka RUDEBOX), my two husky dogs and our cat. I currently work 100% from home for Northrop Grumman as a software developer. I also have extensive training in aircraft repair and maintenance. We are a 2-MINI family and own a Chili Red 2007 MCSc and an Indi Blue 2004 MCS (BLU-BY-U).

I have been a MINI5280 club member since 2007. The 2nd annual MITMs in 2007 was the first MINI-related event I attended. RUDEBOX was our first MINI and after a few years of enjoyment, I decided I wanted “my own” MINI. So I sold my 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 and fell in love with “BLU.” I have done all the upgrades and work on BLU myself. I love everything MINI – from model collections, t-shirts, hats, posters, stickers, magnets and even shouting “MINI!” anytime I drive somewhere and see a MINI passing by. I still wave, too. Teena and I have motored with other MINIs all over Colorado ,New Mexico ,Texas ,Nevada ,Wyoming and through Yellowstone National Park.

I believe I can and will be a good president for the club and hope to lead us through 2015 with a marvelous lineup of future officers. I am open to suggestions and fresh ideas. I am a talker, so if you want to discuss anything, just let me know by email, forum or at club events. If I talk your ear off, don't be bashful, go ahead and just tell me to stop!

MINI it is not just a brand, it is a life style!

Attached Thumbnails MINI5280 Future Officer Bios 2014-2015-dsc06188.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
booktrout
3rd Gear
Robert Montoya, BIO for Ride Director

I live in Longmont, Colorado with my wife Luanne, our son David (16), and our Boston Terrier Nikki. I grew up in Brighton, Colorado and lived in Scottsbluff, Nebraska for a number of years. I work in Denver for the BNSF Railway as a Locomotive Engineer and run trains west to Kremmling, and east to Sterling. My MINI is a 2009 Sparkling Silver MINI Cooper.

After purchasing my MINI in July of 2009 I caught the MINI bug right away and have been searching for MINI Nirvana ever since. My quest to achieve MINI Nirvana has taken me to numerous local club events, national events, portions of cross country multi-city events, and to the MINI Factory in Oxford, England.

I have helped with organizing and have lead a couple of regular MINI5280 events in the past, and I was on the 2013 Minis In The Mountains Ride Committee. I am accepting the nomination for Ride Director because I feel that I can fulfill the duties of the position and I would like to be more involved in the club at the Officer level to help lead our club into the future.

Go Vote MINI5280

Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Lil Watson
Neutral
Bill Thompson for Treasurer

Marti and I (aka Lil Watson) have been married for 45 years and have two grown sons, one in New York city and one in Kansas City Kansas. We have been blessed with 4 grand children (all girls). After several years of wishing, along with encouragement from Penny Thomas and Jamie Shope , we made an additions to our family, Lil Watson in December of 2012 and promptly joined the Mini5280 club. Since December we have enjoyed our involvement in the Mini5280s group and the many new friends.

After completing military service, I have spent most of my adult life in banking with over 40 years in banking as a Commercial Loan Officer and Senior Financial Analyst. Earlier this year our analyst group was downsized and moved out of state, which prompted me to retire. With the additional personal time available I thought I would like to become more involved with the club. With my back ground, I felt I could provide support for the club as Treasurer and look forward to becoming more active with the clubs future.

Bill Thompson

Old 09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Pankyanne
Neutral
Hi! I'm Stephanie Nelson and I am nominated for the Club Secretary position.
I'm 32 and married to the big guy that drives that funny little car (aka Jeremy "d0r33t0s"). We've been married a year now and I was introduced to the MINI lifestyle thru him. I must admit that I had no idea that cars could be so much fun! I currently drive a P.o.s Chevy and hope to order my Countryman in the next year.

I work in Law Enforcement as a "glorified babysitter" in a jail. In my previous career I was a Corporate Instructor for a regional airline. I have been to 49 of the 50 states, last one being Idaho, and hope to check that one off my list when I get my MINI. My husband and I currently reside in Lochbuie, CO with our 2 cats Nala and Mufassa.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM
lil'valentino
3rd Gear
Jamie Shope BIO for Vice President

Hi, I'm Jamie

My very first experience with MINI5280 was June 21st, 2008 the Summer Solstice Ride: "M is for MINI" there were over 30 MINIs, to this day that is still one of my favorite rides ever!! I was hooked and have been involved with MINI5280 ever since and enjoy every minute.

I grew up, got married & had a baby girl....all in Texas!! We moved to Colorado 17 years ago & I have been employed by FEDEX Ground for 16 years.

Thanks!!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:09 AM
old81
M6
Voting is open for active MINI5280 members with a current paid club membership.

The voting link was sent this morning via our Club Constant Contact email service by Kristan the club secretary.

Please vote --- Thank you, Don