MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas (M2C2) The MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas forum. Visit our club site at www.m2c2.org

PC track time

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
bluesmini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronn asked me to post this for all to see. (see his message below)

The Sandlapper Chapter BMW autocross at the BMW Performance Center on March 16th has a wait-list. You can still request an application from me or a friend that has a copy, then email it back to me completed. That will hold your spot on the wait-list. Each potential participant will be place on the wait-list according to when I received his/her application. After the mail is delivered on Saturday, March 1st, I will fill any remaining driver openings (due to cancelations or not sending in their application after requesting a reservation in the event or whatnot) with those from the wait-list. All those that are moved from the wait-list to the driver list will be notified via email as to their status change. For those whose status changes, checks for entry fees are to be RECEIVED by me (not just postmarked but received) no later than March 11th (please allow ample time for delivery.) I will not be accepting cash or checks on the day of the event. ALL driver spots MUST be PRE-PAID. And yes, ALL DRIVERS MUST be Sandlapper Chapter BMW CCA members before March 11th. If I can not verify a driver's membership with our National Office that dirver will not be allowed to participate in the event and will have his/her check sent back or shredded.

Regards,
onn Hale
Driving Events Coordinator
Sandlapper Chapter BMW CCA
scbmwcca@comporium.net

Last edited by bluesmini; 02-19-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:48 PM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
I'm on said waiting list. The early bird gets the worm, the late bird has to squirm...

Old 02-19-2008, 04:41 PM
hornguys
5th Gear
Form

I've sent Ronn two e-mails requesting the form. No reply yet. Perhaps he's swamped.

Does anyone here have one they can send to me via e-mail?

Thanks

jsmith@myusp.biz

Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Mini7
3rd Gear
Dave,

I hope that you can get to join us. I need to get new tires as well!!!

I am hanging the tail out in this cold/wet weather.

It looks like we will be doing the same course as last time. I am still learning that one and they want to change it up on us.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:39 AM
bluesmini
6th Gear
Hello Hornguys, i just forwarded you the e-mail that has the application attached. let me know if you didn't get it.

Ronn is out of town. Sadly his regular job is with the Dodge SRT program. He's one of the Viper drivers that scares the bejesus out of people. He's also NASA southeast classroom instructor and works at the local cart track. All terrible jobs that no one else wants.

Last edited by bluesmini; 02-20-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:58 AM
hornguys
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bluesmini
Hello Hornguys, i just forwarded you the e-mail that has the application attached. let me know if you didn't get it.
Thanks bluesmini.

I did hear from him last night. I'll be on the waitlist, but I'm sending in the application right now.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM
1LapSRT
Neutral
Originally Posted by bluesmini
I stated that the configuration we were going to run in March would be reversed from what we had been doing. For a really cool reason i think that idea is out the window. The 1 lap of America is going to be using the BMW performance center as one if it's tracks this year and it looks like some of the racers in that are going to use our giant auto-x as a practice session for the 1 lap. Remember, for the PC event you have to be driving a BMW or new MINI. I know of at least one pro racer that will be there in a pimped out 135 and 1 non-BMW driver that wants to come but needs to borrow a MINI so he can participate. He's in a dodge srt for the 3rd year. here's a link to the 1 lap sched. looks like a busy one. to track in one day for South Carolina.

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...e.shtml?y=2008
How dare a non-bmw guy impose on the event....

Still working on it, but since the list is long and filled with member/owners, it doesn't look like I will be able to slide into the mix unnoticed.

If anyone is going to be running video that day it would also prove benefitial to our One Lap effort. You never know it may even put you in a position to help the OLA team on a longer term assignment!

Finished in 5th last year and it will be a struggle to keep that type of ranking in our little FWD sedan without every little bit of edge we can muster!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 AM
bluesmini
6th Gear
Hey doug, i'll be running video. Remind me after the event and i'll send you a few runs on DVD. Sorry to say the only Video I have right now is last year before they had the new lower section.

It wouldn't hurt for you to call Mike Renner at the PC and beg to get into the event for 1 lap practice. He's a nice guy and might let you.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:25 AM
hornguys
5th Gear
Just heard from Ronn.

They had some cancellations, so I'm in.

See you there!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
Me, too! Yippee!

Old 02-26-2008, 09:58 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Great to hear you guys got in. Dave, Steve Darcey might be riding down with me for the day. He said you told him he could borrow your car for a few laps!!!! Just kidding. I think he wants "The Ride" in the M5..

Old 02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Mini7
3rd Gear
Looks like I will be seeing all you guys again!!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 AM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
I have another buddy out of Atlanta in the same situation. He was a national rally champ driver a few years ago till his navigator married and bailed.

This should be fun!

Joe, will your "pit crew" be there? ;-)

Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Dave, we meeting up along I-85 again?? If so what time did we meet last time??

Old 03-11-2008, 06:21 PM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
Let's do it again, exit 43, City Blvd, I'll be on the overpass, call me on my cell when you get close. I'll PM you the number and tell you what I have for you. I'll also be on 20/20 on the radio.

It's 100 miles from there, and registration is 8am-8:30, so let's meet at exit 43 betweem 6:15 and 6:30am?

Is Steve coming, too? I think my ATL buddy is, however, I need to follow up with him.

Joe, I'm guessing you'll head down earlier than us. Let me know if you want to try to hook up, otherwise, we'll see you when we get there.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 PM
bluesmini
6th Gear
Hello all, i'm looking forward to seeing all my MINI peeps Sunday. Should be a fun time. As i stated a while ago there will be some people there checking out the track for 1 lap of America. James Clay from Bimmerworld will be there barring any issues from his race at Sebring that weekend. No sure what he'll be driving with us but it might be the Uberwagon from the Ultmate track car challenge. I was told one other driver will be there but i don't remember who. I'm going to be doing the 1 lap myself with Mike Renner. He's they guy that usually takes people for M5 rides at this event. I don't get to do the fun driving just the track to track driving. Maybe he'll let me drive a few, we'll see. He will still be at Sebring for the new M3 release. I'm not sure if his replacement will be giving rides or not. I sent him an e-mail yesterday but have not heard back. It was his birthday yesterday and we just retuned from putting break-in miles on 3 brand new M3's that weekend. That car screams at 8200rpms. It's been a busy past few days and i can't wait to get to the track and have some fun with no students. see you all in a few.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 AM
H.A.W.G.
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll probably be there to watch, what time will the cars start running? Anybody wanna 300lbs passenger

Old 03-12-2008, 07:39 PM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
Chris, Dan at Grassroots put an M7 pulley on for me today and I have tires that actually have tread on them, so now, if I can "slow down to speed up" and stop diving into every curve, I should have a better showing! Oh, I also picked up a Craftsman 1/2" Torque Wrench/socket so we'll have one more operating...Our buddy Steve is coming with Bryan and I'm not sure if my buddy Tom will make it or not.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
bluesmini
6th Gear
David, i'm not sure what time the first runs are. I think the way it will work is the morning runs will be untimed then the clock starts after everyone has had a session. I'll try and pawn myself off as an instructor and give you a ride. I did find out that Mike's replacement for our event will be giving M5 hot laps. David, make sure you get a front seat ride.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:54 AM
BLUCOOPR
6th Gear
MidNight Dave did you get the by pass valve?

Old 03-14-2008, 04:30 AM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
No, b/c he said I'd enjoy it more to do the pulley now, get used to that, then "pump it up" again with the BPV--I'm thinking he was right a third more boost is really making a difference in the butt dyno, just the way it sits!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:31 PM
bluesmini
6th Gear
see you all in the am. someone take pictures.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:31 AM
N2MINI
6th Gear
Another GREAT event at the BMW Performance Center. Thanks to all who helped put this on. Thanks, Chris ( bluesmini ) for telling us when this is coming up each time. Need to get somemore Mini's out there next time. We all got at least 10 timed laps in, where else can you do that for $55..

Old 03-17-2008, 04:43 AM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Midnight
I think I saw you on your way when I was on the way to work at University. Glad you all had a good time. I waved, but not sure you recognized the clubman

Old 03-17-2008, 07:36 AM
MidnightDave
5th Gear
Art, that was me waving--there aren't too many "chocolate" with silver roof/stripes Clubman's running around town! ;-) Plus you were heading to the hospital at O'dark 30 and I know about your hours, so it had to be you! ;-)

Quick Reply: PC track time