Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Installing JCW injectors. Need Advice and information, please post help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Itsdchz
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing JCW injectors. Need Advice and information, please post help!

Hello all,

I will be installing my JCW injectors this week and am looking for any help you can provide. Specifically, if you have a write up, how-to or any info on exactly what is involved, it would be most appreciated.

I have installed injectors before on VW's, but want to make sure I am doing it right on the MINI. Also what do you recommend to lube the O-rings of the injectors when installing?

Thanks for any help!

Old 07-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Have a pan, and paper towels ready to catch and clean up any spilled fuel. Don't tip the rail until you're at the catch pan; it holds a lot more than most would assume!

When you re-install the new injectors, just coat the o-rings with a very light coat of fresh motor oil. Also, double check the injector harness connectors; they can be a little mischievous!

Good luck,
Ryan

Old 07-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Itsdchz
5th Gear
SWEET, thank you, any other info is useful and appreciated, no matter how small it may seem it will be a BIG help!

Old 07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
TheOfficeMaven
6th Gear
Here's a reply I posted to another guy (who asked the same question) over on the Helix forum:

I just installed the JCW injectors on my MCS and it was super easy. All I did was take off the gas cap (to release pressure from the system) and then take off the intercooler and unbolt the fuel rail. I hung the fuel rail into an oil drain pan and pressed down the release valve on the end of the rail to release the pressue from the rail (the release valve looks just like the air filler tube on a car/bike tire with a twist off cover on it). A small amout of fuel suirted out under pressure and into the oil drain pan. After that, I simply unclipped the stock injectors and installed the new ones (I coated the O-rings of the new injectors with a small amount of anti-sieze lube that I bought from the local auto parts store - found in a tube for about $2). I then re-assembled the car, turned on/off the ignition a couple of times (without starting the car) and left it in the number two position (where you can hear the fuel pump running) for about 5-10 seconds (to prime the system with fuel), and then I started the car. It fired right up the very first try without a problem. I then inspected every thing for leaks, etc.

Very easy!
I hope this helps some...

Old 07-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Itsdchz
5th Gear
Thank you, that is great info!!