Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain UUC Motorwerks

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:52 AM
CooperSdriver
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UUC Motorwerks

I just recived my Flyweel,clutch,and pressure plate. Now I can test it versus what i have in my car now. I feel that my current flyweel is too light, and the clutch is starting to slip so Ifelt like it was time for a change. What do u think? http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

Old 09-02-2004, 02:18 AM
holdenontoit
6th Gear
My, aren't we up early? Just a quick question: why are you buying a lightweight fly wheel if you feel your current flywheel is too light? I thought that these lightweight flywheels were becoming available because the OEM was too heavy????

Originally Posted by CooperSdriver
I just recived my Flyweel,clutch,and pressure plate. Now I can test it versus what i have in my car now. I feel that my current flyweel is too light, and the clutch is starting to slip so Ifelt like it was time for a change. What do u think? http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

Old 09-02-2004, 06:01 AM
samawil
5th Gear
I have a uuc lightweight flywheel (its a firenza (or something like that))

I don't like it. Not only does it rattle like crazy, but almost everytime I give it just a little too much gas in 1st gear, the flywheel rings and it drives me crazy...I was supposed to have the kit you are installing, but at install time, they sent me the wrong clutch so I'm left with the stock one.

L

Old 09-02-2004, 08:13 AM
CooperSdriver
3rd Gear
first off the the one i is too light 10 lbs, this one is 12.5lbs

it makes a big difference.

Im going too see if the whole package, makes it feel better, if not then I will see what ill do

thanx
danny

Old 09-07-2004, 03:27 PM
schlick
2nd Gear
This is a bit off topic but I have had an almost 2 month ordeal with UUC and it has been an absolute nightmare. It has been one thing after another, and after some research they have an unsatisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau as a result of to many people filling reports of having significant problems with them. I haven't filed my report with the BBB but it is on its way soon.

Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone. My parts from them are alright so far, springs and sway bar, but it has been a long hard faught battle with them.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:01 PM
CooperSdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by schlick
This is a bit off topic but I have had an almost 2 month ordeal with UUC and it has been an absolute nightmare. It has been one thing after another, and after some research they have an unsatisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau as a result of to many people filling reports of having significant problems with them. I haven't filed my report with the BBB but it is on its way soon.

Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone. My parts from them are alright so far, springs and sway bar, but it has been a long hard faught battle with them.
I definitley agree. I had a 1 month ordeal with them, that I would not like to repeat. So far I have had very good result with the package. The response from the car is great, it definitely feels quicker off the line and throughout. Looking to do some quater mile runs to compare against my other runs to see how much of an improvement has been made. Will keep you guys posted. Not too much noise other than whats expected with a light weight flywheel.
Thanx
Danny

Old 09-08-2004, 12:58 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
When I installed my Quaife LSD I had the option in add a lightweight flywheel but I was reading about those that were too light. I ended up keeping the stock flywheel and clutch which works just fine for me. Sounds and feels like stock but more grab from the LSD.

An alternative to the UUC flywheel is the RDR flywheel, you should have better luck dealing with RDR. Sorry to hear about your problems with UUC.

Old 09-08-2004, 03:22 PM
CooperSdriver
3rd Gear
Thanx. I cant remember right now but the first flywheel I got was only 10lbs, and I'll tell you that it felt horrible, loss of torque chattered like crazy and ruined my take off. After reading some threads I found out that the one to use would 12 lbs or higher. People were getting much better results. I must agree, it feels 100% better. I'm getting the typical noise you would expect from a LWF, its not bad. I have the Quaife, I love it and with the combination of this kit it is amazing the take off this car has.

Thanx for everyone's comments
Danny

Old 09-08-2004, 04:13 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
We experimented with a few different weights and came up with 14.5 lbs as a nice compromise.

http://www.m7tuning.com/products/billetflywheel.htm

Randy
Team M7

www.m7tuning.com

Old 09-08-2004, 06:34 PM
CooperSdriver
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
We experimented with a few different weights and came up with 14.5 lbs as a nice compromise.

http://www.m7tuning.com/products/billetflywheel.htm

Randy
Team M7

www.m7tuning.com
I definitely like the design. I have an 2005 MCS on order so I might just try yours out on that car. Thanx again

Danny