MINI Collectibles Discuss new finds and organize trades of MINI collectibles.

MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up one of those Model Power 1:87 models at Colonial Photo and Hobby in Orlando a few weeks ago. The color? Why, Liquid Yellow of course! It was the only one they had and it was calling my name.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
I've been so busy lately I've really fallen behind on this thread. I took some pics of some of my recent acquisitions and once I get them resized I'll post them.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Smokey
I was able to catch the parts guys and they put 2 on the box coming to me. UPS'd from just down the road so I should get them maybe tomorrow but for sure Weds

Rob, yours is in the same shipment
There here! I'll be able to get these in the mail tomorrow, so maybe by the first of the week it'll get to Cali. Can't say how long to you Rob, but it'll get there

Old 02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Does anyone have one of the 1:12 RC cars that MINI sells on the Motoring Gear site? If so, is it made by Dickie? I found an electric blue cabrio made by Dickie for a lot less than what MINI wants for their Hot Orange model, and the radio looks exactly the same.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
ICKY!

I'm a little about posting this here. Hope it is taken in the way it is intended moreso a warning than a public slamming. I PMd Smokey and told him about it. He agreed letting other folks know is a good thing. This is a dispute filing I just did with PayPal

On 2/8/07, I purchased four MINI Cooper model/toy cars from the seller’s website - 3Bees4Kids.com. I received a confirmation of the purchase.

On 2/15, I emailed the seller twice to determine the status of the order. I also called the seller at the number listed on the PayPal information. I received the following email response on 2/16:

Clayton, your order has not been shipped. It can go out today, or I can refund your money on PayPal. I am sorry about the delay AND for not communicating with you. My special needs son has been in crisis, and I have had to arrange for more care for him. None of my Christmas help was available to fill in, and my new employee doesn't start until Monday. BUT, needless to say, you do not deserve this poor service. Sharon W*** 612-###-####

I replied and asked for shipment instead of the refund.

On 2/22, I emailed and called regarding the shipment. No response.

On 2/25, I emailed and called regarding shipment or refund. No response.

On 3/1, I called to let them know I’m filing this dispute.

I understand personal problems can interfere with work and business responsibilities. However, at this point, I paid them almost $36 for NOTHING. I would simply like my money back. It would take all of three mouse clicks to resolve this problem.

Ick, ick, ick. I HATE stuff like this. I feel badly for the lady and her son but the principle stands. I paid her and have nothing for it. I was almost ready to 'let it slide' for a while thinking maybe she would call/ship SOMETHING!

But this morning, I was searching to 'replace' the MINIs I ordered almost a MONTH ago. And that's when I realized I couldn't let it go.

Very mixed emotions on this one! :impatient

Old 03-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Yup tough call and I do remember you asking if I'd ever had any dealings with that company, but at the time I don't think you had heard the reason for the delay. If I remember correctly this was a online purchase and not through eBay. Right?

Hope it works out for you and her.

On a happier note....... the Kyosho's arrived today! I'll have pictures up later.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had contact with 3Bees4Kids.com late last year. They do custom printing on toy cars. The work is quite nice and they sent me a couple of samples with the SCMC logo printed on top of the HW sized MINIs. I was trying to get them to print some MINIs for AMVIV but could not get any response from Sharon. I finally managed to get her on the phone and got the same thing about the special needs kid needing care. She promised to call me back the next day. A week later, I left a reminder voicemail, then a week later I left another one telling her I was out of time and needed to hear from her that day or she was losing a couple of hundred car order. No response yet. for next year, I'm looking for a company that's a little more responsive. Do any of you guys have/know a company that will print logos onto toy MINIs?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
On a happier note....... the Kyosho's arrived today! I'll have pictures up later.
And here they are:

JCW BRG:

Cooper BRG with UJ's (roof and mirror) plus clear side turn and tails

Some of my older pieces in 1:18th scale

AutoArt with aerokit grilles, painted skirts and R-90's:

Group shot of to include the other JCW in CR/W:

Notice that both the CR/W cars have black mirrors, while the BRG has the correct white ones. So maybe they are paying more attention to detail or not, since the BRG is an S model and still has the red interior door reflectors

Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Agro
Mmmmm...nice! That BRG MCS is beautiful!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Agro
Mmmmm...nice! That BRG MCS is beautiful!
+1

They're all really nice!

Smokey, are they 1:18? Where did you procure?

I have an Autoart 1:18 MCS CR/W 'Optional Kit Version' (meaning rally lights, Aero-esque ...front grill, painted runner..but no Aero shape/vent?) I dropped a pretty penny but watching The Italian Job (again) plus doing the Phil Wicks at AMVIV got me!

Until I saw the real thing and held it, my plan was to have him autograph it. I also realized he drove the red classic in the original Italian Job. Correct?

Hmmm...input anyone?

Edit Holy crap! Those are the ones you got for $18. Right on!!

EDIT 2: I trust you know that BRG JCW Kyosho is $64 without shipping at Sportcraft? WOW. Smokey...that's smokin'!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Scooter
Edit Holy crap! Those are the ones you got for $18. Right on!!
Correct or close enough Shipping was another $16 (I think) for FedEx Grand total was $33 + change for the 2

Originally Posted by Red Scooter
EDIT 2: I trust you know that BRG JCW Kyosho is $64 without shipping at Sportcraft? WOW. Smokey...that's smokin'!!!
I figured it was around there. The CR/W JCW is one I bought at the Dealership when they first came out. I think with our club discount it was around $65, expensive but.....

I didn't see Mr Wick listen in the credits of the 2003 version of the IJ He doesn't come up in the IMDb search for names but that doesn't mean he wasn't involved some how.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:47 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
And here they are:

JCW BRG:

THAT IS AWESOME!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Silly me. Smokey's 'AutoArt with aerokit grilles, painted skirts and R-90's' is the same one I have! Doh!

I read aboot Phil's stunt driving here at Motoringfile.com -
It’s program that is run by some dedicated enthusiasts that travels to some fantastic facilities all across the US. Phil Wicks, the man behind the school, has a long history with MINIs (he stunt drove the red Mini in the original Italian Job)...

Old 03-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
Here's a few pics of the most recent additions to my collection. Right now I don't have anywhere to display them so I keep some in the boxes, and the smaller ones in a carrying case. As you can see, I am a member of the Let The MINIs Breathe club.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Old 03-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Oooooo!!!

I check Wal-Marts every time I hit one. Where'd you score these? VERY nice!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Agro
The scale on the car to the trailer is wrong. I bet Bobbie bought a couple of the non-Mini ones from Walmart and inserted the Matchbox MINI and HW Mini.
Nice idea. I might try it myslef. I have enough of those white classics and black MINIs around.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
The scale on the car to the trailer is wrong. I bet Bobbie bought a couple of the non-Mini ones from Walmart and inserted the Matchbox MINI and HW Mini.
Nice idea. I might try it myslef. I have enough of those white classics and black MINIs around.
LOL your good Agro. that's what we did. thought they came out really cool and different.

Bobbie

Old 03-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Red Scooter
5th Gear
Very sneaky. I was thinking the MINIs looked like Matchhboxes! Doh!

Old 03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Yeah, I saw those sets at WalMart. There was a yellow trailer with a VW Bug. I had the same thought and wish I had bought a set. That new Model Power 1:87 I found would be perfect.

What did you use to make the hitch?

Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 PM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINI_Bee
Yeah, I saw those sets at WalMart. There was a yellow trailer with a VW Bug. I had the same thought and wish I had bought a set. That new Model Power 1:87 I found would be perfect.

What did you use to make the hitch?
took the hitch off the car that came with the trailer and glued it on the MINI.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Agro
Originally Posted by BOBBIEJ
LOL your good Agro. that's what we did. thought they came out really cool and different.

Bobbie
They look great. The real giveaway was using the white classic HW that is all over the stores in Vegas right now.
Like I said, I think I'm going to do the same thing with a couple of the small cars I have a bunch of dupes of.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Nice try Bobbie This crowd is too sharp for that Went to at least 7 Dollar Gen's so far this weekend.......... nothing yet, but I have 2 more to hit tomorrow

I was dragged into a Tuesday Morning (Swanky Big-Lots type store) and stumbled across the Burago 1:18th scale Monte-Carlo version of the Classic. Found 2 but only bought one; as the prices didn't match and they wouldn't sell me the other at the lower price

My favorite toy store down by the G-babies is closing and had all their toys at 50% off . I searched around and managed to find 3 MINIs, all older released models - the 2 Maisto verts and the 2004 EB/W New Cars JL. I've got them on hold until I hear back from Rob, but I'll let you know if they become available

Old 03-04-2007, 08:04 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
...I was dragged into a Tuesday Morning (Swanky Big-Lots type store) and stumbled across the Burago 1:18th scale Monte-Carlo version of the Classic. Found 2 but only bought one; as the prices didn't match and they wouldn't sell me the other at the lower price

I've got mine coming from Agro (Thanks, BTW! )

I found a couple of these 1:16 1960 rally Minis the other day. They are available for trade or sale.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
Nice try Bobbie This crowd is too sharp for that Went to at least 7 Dollar Gen's so far this weekend.......... nothing yet, but I have 2 more to hit tomorrow

I was dragged into a Tuesday Morning (Swanky Big-Lots type store) and stumbled across the Burago 1:18th scale Monte-Carlo version of the Classic. Found 2 but only bought one; as the prices didn't match and they wouldn't sell me the other at the lower price

My favorite toy store down by the G-babies is closing and had all their toys at 50% off . I searched around and managed to find 3 MINIs, all older released models - the 2 Maisto verts and the 2004 EB/W New Cars JL. I've got them on hold until I hear back from Rob, but I'll let you know if they become available
That is NICE! I gotta find one of those.

Quick Reply: MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*