MINI Collectibles Discuss new finds and organize trades of MINI collectibles.

MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 10:28 AM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW I will have these avalible for sale on my website in a few days.

Oh and I for got one.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:24 AM
BOBBIEJ
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by minims
Well, I've checked high and low, and have yet to find one of the new Hot Wheels MINIs. Anyone else having any luck?

And you'd think someone would come out with the Cabriolet in a 1/64 format.... don't they know MINIs are still hot and cute???

Seriously, does anyone know how often the big three (HW, JL, and MB) introduce new cars? Should I just write 2005 off, or should I keep checking?
Are you looking for the Black/W one, if so I have a couple of extras. PM me if you want one.

Bobbie

Old 06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dragonflyer
I have a new collection of classic minis. This was a great manufactures score.

I can not believe the detail that went into these minis. They are 1/72 scale. Rubber tires ,diecast, authentic rally minis, even has two of our vendor sponcers on them. The detail is amazing!

Did I mention the detail is amazing!
I've got AND LOVE the Hongwell, Cararamas @ 1/72 scale!!! The detail IS amazing!

That's why I'm interested in the 1/43 scale that smokey4 has in his collection.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:43 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear

Oh and I for got one.
That's actually on my list of things to get:

and

There is another set of 5 in the 1/43 scale, but I couldn't find a pic.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:55 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
[QUOTE=dickdavid]That's actually on my list of things to get:

QUOTE]

Just so you know I have 4 of these. I'm selling them for the same price as Harotoy is on Ebay. PM me if you would like one. I'll give you a little better deal.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:19 AM
paulgraz
4th Gear
My daughter just picked up the new HW for me @ KMart - black/white MC. Odd that it says "2001 Mini Cooper" and yet the package is dated 2005...

Old 07-03-2005, 04:23 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Just so you know I have 4 of these. I'm selling them for the same price as Harotoy is on Ebay. PM me if you would like one. I'll give you a little better deal.
Thanks, but I'll have to wait for now. One of my bosses sent out an email, to the whole group, with a link to a Forbes Online article called "Desk For Success". Basically, it was some idiot's way of stripping any/all indiviuality from a person's work environment and turning it into a bland, boring pit of existence.

Most of us at the office got the hint and cleared out all of our "inappropriate knickknacks" from our space. Everything is in boxes until I can build/buy some sort of display at the house that my wife will approve.

The funny thing is that we work in an advertising agency and a few of those knickknacks were purchased by that boss.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:32 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dickdavid
One of my bosses sent out an email, to the whole group, with a link to a Forbes Online article called "Desk For Success". Basically, it was some idiot's way of stripping any/all indiviuality from a person's work environment and turning it into a bland, boring pit of existence.
You...have...got...to...be...kidding...me!!!!:eek2 : Unbelievable. Probably works for the corporate drones and wanna-bes, though. What's the world coming to?

Old 07-03-2005, 09:07 PM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Thanks, but I'll have to wait for now. One of my bosses sent out an email, to the whole group, with a link to a Forbes Online article called "Desk For Success". Basically, it was some idiot's way of stripping any/all indiviuality from a person's work environment and turning it into a bland, boring pit of existence.

Most of us at the office got the hint and cleared out all of our "inappropriate knickknacks" from our space. Everything is in boxes until I can build/buy some sort of display at the house that my wife will approve.

The funny thing is that we work in an advertising agency and a few of those knickknacks were purchased by that boss.
Dude! that sucks.

That's why I work for myself.:smile:

Old 07-05-2005, 02:51 PM
pedrocooper
3rd Gear
I'm waiting for the Verizon staatspoleizi to admonish me for excessive Mini clutter-I must have over 20 on my desk-mostly small but two 1:18 & a red Mini robot!

Old 07-10-2005, 06:22 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
It's not a MINI, but cool anyway.

I found my first Johnny Lightning - WHITE LIGHTNING today at a mom-n-pop toy store in my local mall.

Since it's not a MINI (I don't think they make JL WL MINIs), I'm selling it on ebay.

Here are some pics:

Old 07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
I found my first Johnny Lightning - WHITE LIGHTNING today at a mom-n-pop toy store in my local mall.

Since it's not a MINI (I don't think they make JL WL MINIs), {snip}
Hey DD, nice find!

Oh, and they make them for the MINI also! I've never found one on the shelf, MINI or otherwise. I end up buying them slowly.

Here are a few of the MINI versions I've found. I'm sure BobbieJ has more

Is everyone looking out for the new Matchbox Superast MINIs? They have hit eBay. Nice DS but it's got a white roof

Old 07-11-2005, 07:08 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Originally Posted by smokey4
Hey DD, nice find!

Oh, and they make them for the MINI also! I've never found one on the shelf, MINI or otherwise. I end up buying them slowly.

Here are a few of the MINI versions I've found. I'm sure BobbieJ has more

Is everyone looking out for the new Matchbox Superast MINIs? They have hit eBay. Nice DS but it's got a white roof
Awesome!!!! What cracks me up are those jokers out there that get JL MINIs that normally have white rims and try to pass them off as White Lightnings.
See Example:

The truth comes out in the lack of bidding.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
I was at a Big Lots over the weekend and ran across some 1/18 Austin Powers MINIs in the full body UJ. I bought all 4 they had. The one in the worst shape packaging is already out of the box and on the shelf, I'm keeping one in the packaging and have 2 spare if anyone is interested.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Awesome!!!! What cracks me up are those jokers out there that get JL MINIs that normally have white rims and try to pass them off as White Lightnings.

The truth comes out in the lack of bidding.
I've noticed that too, but in some cases it might be a real WL.

From what I've been able to find out (please no commentary concerning my spending vast amounts of time researching little tiny cars ) In the good old days you could tell a WL from a non-WL by the tires only. They would either be completely white or say "White Lightning" on them. Now a days, they might have a white interior and rims & tires, or a white interior and just rims, or even a white underside (base) and rims with a normal interior color. I have a red one at the house that has a white base & rims only and it differs from the other one from the same release. I'll throw some pics up tonight.

Originally Posted by Agro
I was at a Big Lots over the weekend and ran across some 1/18 Austin Powers MINIs in the full body UJ. I bought all 4 they had. The one in the worst shape packaging is already out of the box and on the shelf, I'm keeping one in the packaging and have 2 spare if anyone is interested.
I picked up one of those too, great price wasn't it? What made me go searching was an ad on ebay for a WL MINI that showed the "Big Lots" price sticker of $1.99. Our local store had a few JL, but no MINIs or WL's.

To our Hotwheels gurus: What is the importance of a "K-Mart" version? With the latest HW (#140 black w/white) I picked up a few from Wally World and Target and just the other day found some at K-mart and can't find any difference between them, yet the fine folks at eBay keep touting, "K-mart Variations". Anyone got a hint? BTW, I have a few extras if anyone is looking for them, as always cost (~$0.88) and cheapest shipping you want.

Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Agro
How much did you pay? They had them for $44 at a hobby store, then i saw them at toys r us for 20, and i got mine on sale between 10-15. They had a couple more a few weeks ago... but i already have 60+ mini toys... i'm running out of room for the big ones when i'm living with my dad and i only have one room to store everything in

Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 AM
The Short Bus
6th Gear

Oh and I for got one.
We have quite a few of those at a local hobby store. I bought one for my g-pa, but he gave it back because he knew how much i liked minis... and i think he's trying to clear out his stuff for something...

I think it's like 12$ here in richmond... i could pick some up if anyone wants one.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
DD,

Here is what I was trying to explain earlier.

The car on the left is the normal JL, the one on the right is a WL. On a side shot the only difference are the rims, left silver, right white.

If you flip them over, the right one has a white underside, while the left is normal black.

I forgot they also came out with a weekend racer set of 5 cars (65 Stang, 67 Camaro, 70 Challenger, 96 Vette and a 03 MCS) They released the MCS as a WL on some sets.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
DD,

Here is what I was trying to explain earlier.

The car on the left is the normal JL, the one on the right is a WL. On a side shot the only difference are the rims, left silver, right white.

If you flip them over, the right one has a white underside, while the left is normal black.

I forgot they also came out with a weekend racer set of 5 cars (65 Stang, 67 Camaro, 70 Challenger, 96 Vette and a 03 MCS) They released the MCS as a WL on some sets.
Wow, that WL MINI uses the same white wheels as the earlier version CR/W MCS JL. If yours didn't have the white bottom, I would have totally missed it.

I've notice that the IB/B and IB/W JL MINIs all have white wheels too. I hope those aren't WLs. I also have the Weekend Racer MINI with white wheels but no white interior.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Smokey
6th Gear
Please don't take my post as saying that "if it's got white rims, its a WL". If in doubt ask for additional photos, that way if it turns out not to be, you have some recourse through paypal/eBay.

Anyone picked up the new Matchbox yet?

Old 07-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
They (the 1/18 Austin Powers MINIs) were $13 plus tax each.

This isn't really die-cast, but I picked up a "Monster Garage" towel at Walmart over the weekend. It's a pretty cheap and nasty towel at $4.47, but the top half has the Monster Garage MINI Snowmobile.

If it had been more expensive, I wouldn't have got one, but for under $5, why not?

Old 07-14-2005, 06:06 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Please don't take my post as saying that "if it's got white rims, its a WL". If in doubt ask for additional photos, that way if it turns out not to be, you have some recourse through paypal/eBay.

Anyone picked up the new Matchbox yet?
No, I didn't think that, but I did start to second guess myself.

I haven't found the new Matchbox or the new HW. Still searching.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
I've got AND LOVE the Hongwell, Cararamas @ 1/72 scale!!! The detail IS amazing!

That's why I'm interested in the 1/43 scale that smokey4 has in his collection.
Just hit the Jackpot on the way to work!!

I hadn't been by to see the local Diecast guy (Asheville Diecast) in awhile(but I had checked out his website and seen that he got a few new MINIs in, so I figured I'd drop in a chat for a few minutes. As soon as I come through the door I said, "OK, where I they, I saw them." He said, "Where the heck have you been, and you ain't seen nothing yet!"

He proceeded to reach behind the counter and pull out 5 new Hongwell, Cararama 1/43 scale babies! It didn't stop there, he also had 2 of the 4 new Corgi "nine-DOUBLE-nine" Police versions.

I had been bugging him to start getting more MINI Coopers, and it finally worked! Let me know if anyone needs any of these, he's got quite a few and more to unpack! The Hongwell's were 4.25 and the Corgi were 11.55

Old 07-20-2005, 09:40 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Found a 1:18 scale "Austin Powers" MINI, UJ body and roof, at Big Lots tonight. Yipee! Is the drought finally over??

Old 07-24-2005, 05:43 AM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Look at what I picked up off of ebay for $9.99 (plus $11 shipping).

I already have a 1/18th scale BRG/W MC, but it's made by Maisto. It's nice, but nowhere near the quality and detail as the AutoArt. Check out the rear window defoggers.

Quick Reply: MINIMini Toys - Diecast/Models/RC *Caution Lots of photos*