Alignment shop in Calgary? (And K&N CAI for sale...) - North American Motoring

Go Back  North American Motoring > Club and Regional Forums > Canada > MINI Club of Calgary
Alignment shop in Calgary? (And K&N CAI for sale...) >

Alignment shop in Calgary? (And K&N CAI for sale...)

MINI Club of Calgary The MINI Club of Calgary forum.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Applesauce
3rd Gear

I'm got a 2005 R53 that I've upgraded most of the suspension on since I bought it a few months ago, and need to have the alignment done. Any suggestions for a good shop? Or should I just take it to the dealer?

Also, I've got a complete K&N CAI assembly, including filter, for sale locally. Less than 3k km, a bit of clamp deformation (but it's all under the clamps...). I'll let it go to the best offer; it's on Kijiji for $200, but no takers. PM for details.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:55 PM
heli_guy
2nd Gear
Hi. Harper's tire is apparently good for alignments.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Ferroequine
4th Gear
Precision Alignment & Brake. In the NE (Westwinds). They did a laser alignment for me this summer, very good service, good people and I was able to wait for it (with an appointment).

Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Applesauce
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Ferroequine View Post
Precision Alignment & Brake. In the NE (Westwinds). They did a laser alignment for me this summer, very good service, good people and I was able to wait for it (with an appointment).
Cool. If they didn't have me at "laser," they certainly did at "detailed printout." Going next Monday!

I originally had an appointment at Sheni's Auto-Trend, who does very, very consistently awesome work. But they contract out their alignment (for now, anyway), so I decided to go with the while-you-wait approach. Should be good!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Applesauce
3rd Gear
Erich at Precision ROCKS. That was among the most informative ninety automotive minutes I've every gotten... Turns out I sort of know him through my bicycle shop, and he knows I'm a (bicycle) mechanic, so he wasn't too shy to take me under the lift during the whole operation, and explain all the lasers and gizmos and seized bolts and other niceties of wheel alignment. (This was after replacing my dead outer tie rod...)

Seriously: I wholeheartedly recommend Precision Automotive and Brake, even though they're in the airport-boondocks.