Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

Minneapolis/Minnesota Mini Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Minneapolis/Minnesota Mini Owners?

wassup my fellow NAMers.

obviously, i'm a future, very soon to be Mini owner and wanted to see who else is from the Minneapolis/ST Paul area or in Minnesota?

i've seen a few Mini Cooper Hardtops out and even fewer coupes (ie i have only seen the coupe in at motorwerks, none in the wild).

anywho, just thought i'd start out a MN/MPLS thread.

Feel free to post your model/options and years of owning and a pretty shot or two. i guess i'll start out with my future baby.

2013 Cooper S Coupe - Lightning Blue w/Silver top, mirrors, JCW Spoiler, soon to arrive in late march.
  • Auto transmission (i know, i know)
  • DST/DSC
  • JCW Strut
  • JCW Spoiler
  • Mini Connected/Navi/Technology/Xeons.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:29 PM
herkamurjones
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey jimmyselix! i also am a future MINI owner from the western suburbs and CANNOT wait for my car to come in! here is a rundown of my ride:

2013 Countryman Absolute Black w/ black top & mirrors

Cold weather package
MINI Connected w/out Navi
Black headlight housings
Xenons & white signals
Black rims
Red interior line

it should be getting into port on Monday and hopefully I will be able to pick it up sometime within a week! I have been living through your exiting posts to get me through my wait!
thanks for the help lol

Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM
oldtruckpainter
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by herkamurjones
hey jimmyselix! i also am a future MINI owner from the western suburbs and CANNOT wait for my car to come in! here is a rundown of my ride:

2013 Countryman Absolute Black w/ black top & mirrors

Cold weather package
MINI Connected w/out Navi
Black headlight housings
Xenons & white signals
Black rims
Red interior line

it should be getting into port on Monday and hopefully I will be able to pick it up sometime within a week! I have been living through your exiting posts to get me through my wait!
thanks for the help lol
herkamurjones, congrats on your future mini!!! that countryman is gonna look bad ***!!! i think waiting for one's mini is prob one of the most excruciating waits i've ever had.

we'll have to see if there's a mpls mini meet up and if so, meet up!! be sure to post some pics of your baby when she gets in. btw, if you see a little blue coupe w/the spoiler on the road; give me a honk and a wave.. doesn't seem like mini owners are as friendly as they used to be; most never wave back. hehe..

up to 650 miles on her and loving Sport mode and the burble/pop from the exhaust when deaccelerating.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
btw, i think i saw about 30 some Mini's over this last weekend.. minneapolis def has a strong mini community!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:16 PM
herkamurjones
1st Gear
yes it does! i took a short trip to st. cloud a few weekends ago and saw 5 countryman on the road when i have barely seen 1 a week up to that point. i see MINI's all over the place now since i have the "bug" so-to-speak! saw an awesome lil hardtop at lunch today and it was a light sky blue with a white top, very choice!

not sure if you know of a place called ORR Autosport in Eden Prairie but i drive by it every day and didnt even (actually) notice it until the other day and they apparently do a MINI workshop once a year. i will have to stop in there one of these days to see if they still do it.
http://orrautosport.com/mini/

Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
herkamurjones
1st Gear
on another note, how is MINI Connected? do you have an iphone? i am really looking forward to not having a tape deck in my car..lol

Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not in MSP but a very close neighbor, and I'm through there all the time.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
some mini connected tidbits.. 2013 coupe, iphone4, navi, tech

on another note, how is MINI Connected? do you have an iphone? i am really looking forward to not having a tape deck in my car..lol
its pretty sweet but does take a few days or so to get used to. Here are some quick tips on the Mini Connected.

1. if you have the arm rest, you didn't get the snap in dock for the iPhone 4/4S; i ordered every single technology package they had and sure enough i still need to get the $200 dock. however i use the y cable to connect my iphone 4 via usb/audio in.

2. cases usually don't work w/the mini connected cable, had to take mine off to get the connection to stay solid.

3. You don't need to pair it via bluetooth if you only want to use "Mini connected" features and the ipod/music playback. bluetooth connection is only needed if you want to access the iphones calendar, contacts and of course phone calls. i use a Galaxy Note 2 as my main phone and have it paired to my mini for the contacts/phone and my iPhone 4 for my media and mini connected.

4. love the coverart factor and my playlists; however if you sync genius lists over, you need to use the "Plugin" in the Mini Connected screen to get to them; if you are just using the normal external usb player; it won't show these playlists.

5. you can have multiple phones connected to the car, the top one seems to be the first priority device, 2nd = lower, etc.

very cool stuff!! i love the "Driving Excitement" app more than anything to see my coupe's engine temp in the sports meters. i hope we get the ability to create custom readouts/dials but really doubt we will in the near future. also, there supposedly is an iPhone 5 snap in dock coming soon too.

let me know if you got any questions; like i've mentioned before i'm an uber geek.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:29 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
Not in MSP but a very close neighbor, and I'm through there all the time.
i'll def keep my eyes peeled for ya when i'm cruising around. haven't driven this much since i first got my 2006 civic si back when it was new.. so much dang fun. i almost want to pick a fight w/a mustang soon (V6 of course), hehe..

Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
not sure if you know of a place called ORR Autosport in Eden Prairie but i drive by it every day and didnt even (actually) notice it until the other day and they apparently do a MINI workshop once a year. i will have to stop in there one of these days to see if they still do it.
http://orrautosport.com/mini/
i have not but now now am def bookmarking that shop! thanks for the tip!! i'd prob go to the workshop to see if they do custom key codings, etc for a deal

my goal is to get the JCW Tuning kit perhaps this summer to make my cooper s the ultimate sleeper mini no jcw badges will adorn it.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
2013 coupe vids. quickies..

just a fun walk around of my new baby, 2013 coupe

Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 PM
herkamurjones
1st Gear
i got to pick mine up last night but because of our great weather, it gets to sleep in the garage for a few days...:( i am kind of bummed but i will live. it is AWESOME though, the drive home from the dealer made me feel like an old lady going the speed limit and all but one can never be too cautious. i heard that a buddy of mines dad has a few MINI's and runs a local club so i will have to do some digging to figure out where and when they meet. that would be real fun come summer!

Old 04-10-2013, 05:48 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
congrats herk!

i got to pick mine up last night but because of our great weather, it gets to sleep in the garage for a few days...:( i am kind of bummed but i will live. it is AWESOME though, the drive home from the dealer made me feel like an old lady going the speed limit and all but one can never be too cautious. i heard that a buddy of mines dad has a few MINI's and runs a local club so i will have to do some digging to figure out where and when they meet. that would be real fun come summer!
awesome!!!! yea, i bet its like torture having her sit in the garage.. however, once you get the break in miles in; that speed limit comes up pretty fast when merging onto the freeway..

i set my speed warning at 95mph to be sure

any pics of your new baby??

Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 AM
myr53
1st Gear
Is there an actual Minnesota Mini forum? Currently new to this Mini and own a 06 MCS. Would be great to see other minnesota mini's.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by myr53
Is there an actual Minnesota Mini forum? Currently new to this Mini and own a 06 MCS. Would be great to see other minnesota mini's.
sadly there isn't one on here. i've tried to contact the MiniSotas mini club but no one seems to be answering their emails anymore. i've been contemplating starting a brand new and fresh MiniApolis Motoring.

the only downfall would be that i don't have as much geek time as i used to.

anywho.. for now how about post up some pics of your baby here?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
myr53
1st Gear
I'll post some pictures when its nicer out. Hopefully this weekend, but going to be out of town to enjoy the ride.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
oldtruckpainter
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyselix
sadly there isn't one on here. i've tried to contact the MiniSotas mini club but no one seems to be answering their emails anymore. i've been contemplating starting a brand new and fresh MiniApolis Motoring.
I'm a member of the Minnesota United Minis (MUM) which is the www.mini-sota.com you maybe refering to. We are on facebook. Look for us there, as that's where most of the members hang out. We are doing a drive from New London to New Brighton on June 1st. Love to have you join us.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:02 AM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Originally Posted by oldtruckpainter
I'm a member of the Minnesota United Minis (MUM) which is the www.mini-sota.com you maybe refering to. We are on facebook. Look for us there, as that's where most of the members hang out. We are doing a drive from New London to New Brighton on June 1st. Love to have you join us.
sweet! i'll def have to find you on fb and join the club..

Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Edges
Neutral
I'm in the northern suburbs, drive a hyper blue 2005 MCS. Always fun to see other Minis on the road.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Edges
Neutral
I live image northern suburbs and drive around in a hyper blue 2005 MCS. Always fun to see other Minis on the road.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM
myr53
1st Gear

Last edited by myr53; 06-03-2013 at 12:42 PM.