Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

Take your car out to the track!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Earl K
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take your car out to the track!

Hi guys,

I know my post count isn't terribly high, but I mainly use forums for used parts these days.

Hooked on Driving is offering a smoking deal for July 2nd at Autobahn Country club in Joliet! Two entrants for the price of one. Find anyone whether it be a friend, family member, or even forum member to split the entry fee of $295.00. The ONLY catch is that the second entry will have to provide their own lunch. Food is great at this track, btw.

Hooked on Driving will be doing a completely unique format on July 2nd. Starting at 11:30am and going all the way to 8:30pm. Plus, we will be doing North track for half the day and South track for the other half. So you get to sleep in AND drive two tracks in one day for half the price!

When you sign up, just put the details of the second entry in the comments section at the bottom such as:
Driver name,
car make/model/color,
run group (a,b,or c),
Preferred car number

If you haven't run with HOD or have never been on the track, we offer 1 on 1 coaching for the entire day for A (beginner) group drivers, and by request of the rest of the groups B(intermediate), and C(advanced). Hooked on Driving provides a relaxed atmosphere where you get to have fun exploring the capabilities of your car in a safe and guided environment.

I'll be out instructing the B group with my '05 S.

Helmet rentals available for $20.00

Contact/questions best directed to:
sarahe@hookedondriving.com
erice@hookedondriving.com
Phone: 779-475-0402

Last edited by Earl K; 06-27-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: details
Old 08-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Earl K
Neutral
HOD is going to be running at Gingerman Raceway, Saturday, August 25th

"GingerMan Raceway is a private road-racing course situated on a 350-acre site. The original track is 1.88 miles long with the corner extension the track is now 2.14 miles, twisting left and right and up and down on the naturally rolling landscape. It simulates a country road, but without the risks to pedestrians and oncoming traffic and eliminates other hazards such as ditches, phone poles, trees and other objects." Courtesy of www.gingermanraceway.com

Gingerman Raceway, Ltd.
61414 County Rd 388
South Haven, MI 49090

$225 Registration Fee includes:
• Coaching
• Classroom briefings
• Lunch
• Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced groups
• Nearly two full hours on-track

Special discount for NAM members: enter "HOD25" in the promo code section for $25 bucks off.

Hope to see you there!

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event...german_Raceway

Old 09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Earl K
Neutral
*Late wrap up
It was nice meeting some of the forum members out there at Gingerman. (Gmitch, your car is ridiculous.) We had more track time than the participants could handle. Cars and/or drivers were starting to burn out by early afternoon. By the end of the day, we were basically opening the track to anyone who wanted to go out. Group C drivers got to check out doing the track backwards for a couple sessions. That was A LOT of fun. I've never had to look for an apex so far out my driver side window. The track was nice and fairly straight forward, but backwards was probably the most challenging track I've ever driven.

*Next event
Oct. 1st. Autobahn Country Club, Joliet. FULL TRACK (North and South combined, aka mini-Nurburgring)

We are working with National Corvette Museum on this event. Racing junkies will be getting a real treat. The National Corvette Museum has just confirmed the presence of a very special guest-Johnny O'Connell...three-time ALMS GT1 champion, 38 career ALMS wins, record eight Sebring 12-hour class victories, holds ALMS records for most starts (102), most podium finishes (80), most top-five finishes (93) and most top-10 finishes (100); first American driver to win 24 Hours of Le Mans four times.

This is going to be our biggest and last event for the year, so book up as soon as you can! Link here

Old 09-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Earl K
Neutral
Update for Oct. 1st
We have 2 spots left for B (intermediate group). Whether or not you think you are an Advanced driver should not stop you from signing up if you are interested. This is a HUGE track with tons of passing zones and plenty of run off room that should accommodate drivers of any level running at the same time. I'll be head coach of the B group with presentations between sessions to get you up to speed on driver etiquette, the driving line, etc.

Looks like we are going to have a full house. As mentioned earlier, this is a joint venture with the National Corvette Museum and they are bringing some special guests. Pro driver John O' Connel had to back out due to a scheduling conflict. But, Tony Gaples will be there from Black Dog Speed Shop/Black Dog Racing Team.

Granted this is a Mini enthusiast based site, but engineers from GM will be talking shop with presentations on the side along with some Q and A sessions, including the mastermind of the ZR1 Corvette, Tom Wallace.

The National Corvette Museum will also be offering ride alongs in some nice cars with the proceeds going to charity. My understanding is that the idea is to go around with a hot shoe (probably Tony Gaples) for a lap or two to benefit a charity.

All in all, it looks to be an action packed day even if you are not participating. If you have the day off, stop by the Autobahn in Joliet, IL and check out some serious hardware running around and hobnob with some of the who's who of the industry.

[SIZE="4"]PROMO CODE: HOD25 for $25 bucks off for first time entries still good![/SIZE]

Feel free to PM me questions.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Earl K
Neutral
So who's getting ready for next season? Those with heated garages, I presume.

Hooked on Driving Great Lakes is upping the ante this year with our schedule. We can now say "yes" to the constant barrage of "Road America?" questions. Thought I'd fan the flames of the guys fantasizing about your next track outing. The few events listed without prices are still being worked out.

Feb 2, Saturday - Open House Fall-Line Motorsports, Buffalo Grove IL, 9am-11am Stop by and check out how the local boys you see on TV operate.

March 29, Friday – Full Track @ Autobahn Country Club, Joliet IL - $285 early registration/$315 after March 15

May 6, Monday – Mid Ohio, Lexington OH (with the National Corvette Museum)

May 31, Friday – Gingerman Raceway, S. Haven MI - $195 early registration/$215 after May 19

July 8, Monday – Full Track @ Autobahn County Club, Joliet IL - $285 early registration/$315 after June 23

August 12, Monday – Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI

August 24-25, Saturday & Sunday – Gingerman Raceway, S. Haven MI – For Single Day-$195 early registration/$215 after Aug 11. For Both Days $350 early registration/$390 after Aug 11

October 7, Monday – Full Track @ Autobahn Country, Joliet IL (with the National Corvette Museum)

Old 04-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Earl K
Neutral
Weather has still been terrible 'round these parts and I think it's keeping people from getting their cars ready to come out and play. I know I've still got a laundry list to do this weekend.

In order to help get people in gear, Eric has dropped pricing down to $250 for this coming Monday's event! Come out and test drive or go for a ride in the new HOD demonstrator 2014 C7 Stingray Corvette ON TRACK! Meet the Chevrolet product representatives on site and see the corvettes on display.
To reward the drivers that have already registered for May 5th, HOD will provide a $100 gift certificate in their driver packet. Give the gift certificate to a friend or save at a future event.

Register HERE

Eric will also be running his new Stingray at MCSCC's HSAX event this Saturday at Autobahn. Come by and say hi.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Earl K
Neutral
Customers responded well to our "Half day" event so we are looking into opening more options to customers with our next event. Our next event will be at Autobahn doing full track with the options of Full weekend, full day Saturday or Sunday, and half day on Saturday. Online registration closes for Saturday's event at 8pm Thursday evening, but onsite registration will be available at the track. (Would be a good idea to email/call ahead of time to make sure slots are available for your run group.)

• July 12th & 13th: Full Weekend Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL -Only $499/Driver!
• July 12th: SATURDAY on track from 12pmto 8:30pm Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL- South and Full track- Only $345.00/Driver!
July 12th: EVENING ONLY, On track from 5:30pm to 8:30pm Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL Full track- Only $125/Driver!
• July 13th: SUNDAY on track from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL- South track- Only $325.00/Driver!
• Aug 11th: Monday Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI (Monday after TUDOR race weekend)
• October 6th: Monday Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL - Full Track

Register HERE and don't forget 25% off your first event with coupon code HOD25. Protip: Use this coupon code for the half day event and get on track for less than $100 bucks!