Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

MInis ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 08:50 AM
YellowSub
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering how many of us people from Michigan were so head over heels with the MINI that we couldn't wait for the dealer in Detroit to open. Not seeing very many and have only found an eb/w S and a strong rumor of another y/b ? Thought a posting might be in order.

MCS y/b cwp sp-xenon, :???: ,

Old 09-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are MINIs even legal in Michigan, seeing how everyone I met while I lived there either worked for one of the big 3 or had a relative who did?

Old 09-18-2002, 09:25 AM
jsun
6th Gear
I'm not from MI, but IMO it's a beautiful state with lots of great drives. I hope to get my MCS up there at some point.

Old 09-18-2002, 07:56 PM
letsmotor
4th Gear
I'm was stupid and trusted that the MI MINI dealership was going to open on time. By the time I discovered this problem, I thought the waiting lists would be too long at other locations. I justified the wait by thinking I was going to get the HK sound, the full winter package, and INDI Blue on MCS. Anyway I'm hoping I will be motoring around the Detroit area in mid-October.

Old 09-19-2002, 09:05 AM
YellowSub
1st Gear
I just couldn't wait that long. Had to give up the heated ws and the xenons too, in preference to a shorter wait time. Still happy as a pig in mud with what I got. Maybe we meet each other in the service line. Normal maint. I'm sure.

Old 09-20-2002, 02:52 PM
My1stMINI
1st Gear
I heard that Motor City MINI in Detroit (Eastpointe) is now open and has cars on the lot. This is over a month early. Has anyone been to their facility recently to confirm this?

Old 09-20-2002, 04:14 PM
Steinsztykler
1st Gear
Hey, I'm in metro Detroit. I couldn't wait either. My MCS is coming in November
from Bill Jacob Mini. I've actually seen five different Minis around town.
Motor City Mini is open in Eastpointe. I talked to a rep yesterday.

Cheers

Old 09-24-2002, 11:00 AM
sutikabr
Neutral
hey i'm from farmington hills and i've had my mini "S" for about two months, got it in ohio. DS/black roof. 16in x-lites. I need to get a oil change and rumor has it motor city is open, is this true? have any of you MI owners done any preformance mods, or taken it to the track.

see ya round

Old 09-26-2002, 06:25 PM
letsmotor
4th Gear
Since we're talking about the Michigan area, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts about good places to motor in the Metro Detroit area and Michigan as a whole.

Old 09-27-2002, 07:56 AM
myminis2
1st Gear
I'm one of (ibelieve) 4 in the Kalamazoo Area

I've been on kanuz's list and Motor city's list since hmmm... last July

But neither of them were being any help, so i drove to Maryland and picked it up from Tate, I've had mine since Labor day

Old 09-28-2002, 02:08 PM
YellowSub
1st Gear
Don't know if I'm one of the four, but I'm just south Of Kazoo in Mendon. Bought my first mini, a '67, from a dealer up in Holland. I think there's another y/b in Kazoo proper. So far don't know if its a MC or MCS, but it has a sunroof, that I don''t. People at work keep saying they saw me at ... and think I'm keeping strange hours, when really its only the other y/b. Guess its not always a plus having a unique car.

Old 09-28-2002, 10:55 PM
myminis2
1st Gear
yep, i actually thought he was you (if that makes sense)

he has a FULLY loaded Cooper S, Navigation and all.

My boss who lives in 3 rivers keeps saying he sees a y/b cooper driving around there, so that must be you

Old 10-03-2002, 10:13 AM
satchmo
2nd Gear
I can absolutely confirm that Motor City MINI is open. Ordered my MCS 2 weeks ago. At that time, they did have a couple of cars available for immediate purchase, but I imagine that situation changes daily....

Dave Harting was the salesman I dealt with, and he's been great!
His phone number is: (586) 772-8600

Satchmo

Old 10-03-2002, 01:44 PM
myminis2
1st Gear
yeah, they called me a bit back, I'm on their list to get another in January

now...
Electric blue, or that brilliand deep red??

Old 10-07-2002, 04:49 PM
kronosii
1st Gear
i live in mich and i couldn't wait...motor city mini had too long of a waiting list...ordered thru classic mini near cleveland..hopefully it will be here in 4 to 6 weeks....i have seen a s/b parked near here in plymouth and a s/b/mcs at my parking lot at work in southfield and have seen a y/b cruising 275 a number of times

Old 10-07-2002, 04:56 PM
My1stMINI
1st Gear
I just received the call from Motor City MINI that my yellow MC w/ black roof and all 3 option packages is ready for delivery! In a few days my 52 mile commute from Toledo to Allen Park will be that much more interesting. I may have to pick a slower route to prolong the drive!

Old 10-08-2002, 09:55 AM
satchmo
2nd Gear
>>I just received the call from Motor City MINI that my yellow MC w/ black roof and all 3 option packages is ready for delivery! In a few days my 52 mile commute from Toledo to Allen Park will be that much more interesting. I may have to pick a slower route to prolong the drive!

How much time did it take from your date of production to date of delivery? My MCS is scheduled for production on 10/11.... Trying to figure out how much time lag for transport to port, ocean trip, offloading, transport to Michigan....etc.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Mach5MINI
1st Gear
>>i live in mich and i couldn't wait...motor city mini had too long of a waiting list...ordered thru classic mini near cleveland..hopefully it will be here in 4 to 6 weeks....i have seen a s/b parked near here in plymouth and a s/b/mcs at my parking lot at work in southfield and have seen a y/b cruising 275 a number of times

What parking lot is that, because i have a silver/black MCS in southfield. Maybe we can race on our lunch hour.

What is everyones take on Motor City MINI? Is service dept. on the ball ?

Old 10-12-2002, 04:32 AM
My1stMINI
1st Gear

>>How much time did it take from your date of production to date of delivery? My MCS is scheduled for production on 10/11.... Trying to figure out how much time lag for transport to port, ocean trip, offloading, transport to Michigan....etc.

All in all, it took ~30 days from order placement to receipt of my car (which is now safely parked in my garage). When I picked up my MINI at MotorCityMini, the dealership was covered up with cars, MC and MCS. My first time driving my new car brought me from Eastpointe back to Dearborn along 94E (aka "the gravelhauler speedway&quot ...what a rude awakening as to how bad a road can really be! I'll be tooling around Toledo for the next month (but under 4500 RPM) to break it in.

Old 10-19-2002, 04:46 AM
Bmuelle
2nd Gear
I've had my Mini from Motor City Mini since late September and bought it right off the lot.

Old 10-30-2002, 07:04 PM
myminis2
1st Gear
they just called me to order mine. oops i've already got one

Old 11-04-2002, 09:41 PM
kronosii
1st Gear
>>they just called me to order mine. oops i've already got one

same here...they called me the day i picked mine up in cleveland

Old 11-04-2002, 09:43 PM
kronosii
1st Gear
>>>>i live in mich and i couldn't wait...motor city mini had too long of a waiting list...ordered thru classic mini near cleveland..hopefully it will be here in 4 to 6 weeks....i have seen a s/b parked near here in plymouth and a s/b/mcs at my parking lot at work in southfield and have seen a y/b cruising 275 a number of times
>>
>>
>>What parking lot is that, because i have a silver/black MCS in southfield. Maybe we can race on our lunch hour.
>>
>>What is everyones take on Motor City MINI? Is service dept. on the ball ?

does yours have the nav system and purchased in kentucky...can't race yet only 550 miles.....haven't been to motor city mini yet...but feedback on service would be great...cleveland is a bit of a drive

Old 11-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Lobo
2nd Gear
>>>>What is everyones take on Motor City MINI? Is service dept. on the ball ?
>>
>>does yours have the nav system and purchased in kentucky...can't race yet only 550 miles.....haven't been to motor city mini yet...but feedback on service would be great...cleveland is a bit of a drive
>>

I don't have feedback on the MCM service department, but if they are anything like the sales department we should be in good shape.

Lobo

Old 11-13-2002, 08:16 AM
dbierman
2nd Gear
Hey fellow MCO! I work in Southfield (live in Dearborn). Bought my MC off the lot (!!!) 11/1/02 @ Motor City MINI.

Quick Reply: MInis ?