Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

DAYTON OHIO!!!!!!!!!11

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM
blue_bomber
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAYTON OHIO!!!!!!!!!11

searched, and found people speaking of meetings in the dayton area but i am wanting to know if you all are still out there and doing this. also wondering why we couldnt have a dayton section under midwest as we are just about an hour away from mid-ohio, columbus, and cincy which would cause us to divide our posts... just a thought.

so who here is also residing in dayton?

Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
I'm in Piqua. I JUST came in from our monthly meeting of Ohio Mini/MINI Owners. We meet at the Donato's on Airway Rd., in Dayton [right by the now-defunct Page Manor movie theatre], every first Tuesday of the month. Come on in sometime, we'd be glad to have you.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:57 PM
blue_bomber
3rd Gear
i saw postings with that info in my searching but the latest posting was back in april and didnt want to drive the 8 min it will take me to get there and wait in a parking lot to not be joined by other minis. but try and stop me next month!

also thinking about the next autox at the nutter center on 9/30. will i see anyone out there?

Old 09-04-2007, 07:05 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
Originally Posted by blue_bomber
i saw postings with that info in my searching but the latest posting was back in april and didnt want to drive the 8 min it will take me to get there and wait in a parking lot to not be joined by other minis. but try and stop me next month!

also thinking about the next autox at the nutter center on 9/30. will i see anyone out there?
Actually, the older group were the ones to organize the first MINI Meet East 35 yrs. ago, and even they still do a lot of Mini stuff. We have a nice mix now of Classic and New MINI/Minis. We do stuff with the Columbus group and many are in the Cincy club, too.

Mostly, it's an eat and greet thing, but everyone talks MINI/Mini. people start coming in around 6:30 and hang out til 8:30 or so. Someone ALWAYS has news of a show or some other event, like Mid-Ohio. A few of us joined Buckeye chapter of BMW CCA...they do driving schools at Putnam Park as well as at Mid-Ohio. I was there a week ago for the August one, and the next will be the last weekend in October.

A few used to autocross a lot until I got them into the HPDE scene. Now, all they want to do is to go to the track with me.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
If you DO decide to join us, there IS a newsletter you can receive that tells most of what's happening.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 PM
cmy
1st Gear
Another Daytonian here!

I live Downtown directly across from Fifth Third Field and am always up for MINI activities. Due to my work schedule (every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Saturday night: 6pm-6am), I am limited on meeting times. I have been able to meet at Donatos on only one occasion and really enjoyed meeting other Mini/MINI folks. You should definitely try to make it sometime. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:35 PM
IsAMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by blue_bomber

There's an autoX at the Nutter this Sun...the MVSSC hosting. And Sat the 15th. Good group. Check the website.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:44 PM
IsAMini
6th Gear
MVSSC website......Miami Valley Sports Car Club

http://66.116.162.213/index.htm

Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 AM
blue_bomber
3rd Gear
cmy, i too live downtown! only im on the east side heading towards smithville.

isamini, are you attending the meet this sunday and or the 15th? i can probly make it to both but will only do one... the 30th im hopefully taking a friend and his dad to their first autocross.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
tofuzenzen
Neutral
Does anyone know of a decent Dayton-area service shop? My '04 needs some attention and I'm not so interested in heading back down to Cincy Mini. Any help is good help. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Quadrivium10
3rd Gear
Hey -

Does the Dayton Group still meet? I'm in Kettering.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:04 PM
gregoryyoder
Neutral
Dayton group?

Maybe an informal meet and greet at a local restaurant?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Quadrivium10
3rd Gear
I'm thinking that sounds like a good idea. I just went back to a newer thread that I started (I didn't even know this one existed) and let everyone that was posting on there know about this Dayton, OH MINI Club thread. I'm hoping to see some of them post on here also. I say let's see what responses/interest we get and then take it from there. Thoughts???

Old 07-13-2011, 04:54 AM
Quadrivium10
3rd Gear
Hey Everyone!

So, I haven't given up on the Dayton, OH MINI Club. My fiance had an awesome idea last night. He is part of the OhioBimmers Club (BMW) and I bring the MINI to their meets. They said that bringing the MINI is perfectly fine since it is owned by BMW. My fiance suggested that all of us MINI folks should meet up with the Bimmer folks for a meet. There is a nice group of them that are very active in Dayton and we usually meet up with the Cincinnati group for bigger events. OhioBimmers is working on an every other week meet at The Root Beer Stande and my fiance suggested that any Dayton MINI folks that are interested should meet up with us.

Thoughts???

He also said that if we can get enough MINI people to actually want a Dayton, OH MINI Club and would actually come to the meets that he doesn't see why the moderator of Ohio Bimmers wouldn't create us a sub-forum on the OhioBimmers forum.