MidCal MINIs MidCal MINIs...filling the MINI void between Northern and Southern California. Visit the club site at midcalminis.com

Central Valley MINI owners, Goodguys Tire Center is MINI friendly!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Itsdchz
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Central Valley MINI owners, Goodguys Tire Center is MINI friendly!

Hello all,

Just wanted to share with you that the Goodguys tire and auto center on the corner of Herndon and Blackstone is a VERY MINI friendly place!

After my lowering ordeal with the H&R's and then changing to the Bilstein's, I am convinced that I found one of the only local places that are willing to work on the MINI, and do a good job!

Saturday I called 15 alignment/tire shops, after Blackstone tire could not align my MINI due to it being so low. No one was willing to align the MINI, as they didnt have special equipment, or didnt have the specs in their computer.

By chance I got ahold of DANA at Goodguys, and she insisted it wouldnt be a problem. I rushed over, and 1 hour later (there was a car on the rack), viola it was done perfectly! The tech "Mo" was great and very talkative about some of the problems he saw with the H&R coilovers.

Their machine is a 4 wheel laser machine and was able to rack my lowered MINI with no scraping while loading or taking it off the rack.

I have to say they were all friendly, and when I came to realign it after the PSS9's were installed, they even discounted the price for me, just as a courtesy. I was amazed on how friendly, quick and clean they worked, and will take whatever business I can to Goodguys Tire on Blackstone and Herndon!

Tell Dana, or Paul the manager, Lee with the MINI sent you!

Old 05-20-2005, 05:20 PM
SRTech
Former Vendor
That's great! We need to support shops that do good work and believe in customer service. Now, if they can remove and install run-flats without damaging rims, we have it made. Since the nearest MINI dealer is ~100 miles away, we need some good local help. It would be good to compile a list for the club when it gets going.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Scooby03
Former Vendor
Making a list would be good. Wheel King in Fresno put my run flats on after i bought new rims.

Tire Rack is where i got my new run flats, they will send them to the place for you to get them installed.
Will be posting a new thread. Our next metting will be back at Chubbys, 7pm Friday night, June 17th.
Michele wants to plan a run for the next weekend. Thinking about Yosemite to see the Waterfalls.

Old 10-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Scooby03
Former Vendor
Great place, just had Good Guys align and balance my tires. I had a small vibration at around 60, they took care of it.

Brad