MidCal MINIs MidCal MINIs...filling the MINI void between Northern and Southern California. Visit the club site at midcalminis.com

Phil Wicks at Laguna Seca 11/17

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 12:33 PM
tazio
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Phil Wicks at Laguna Seca 11/17

Wanted to let Mid Cal folks know about a pretty cool track event coming up this fall. This is a chance to drive your Mini on a world class circuit at an event run by one of the best in the business - Phil Wicks Driving Academy. I did my first ever HPDE with Phil Wicks at Laguna and it was AWESOME!! Dropping into the Corkscrew with a train of Minis going flat out is an experience not to be missed!

Here's the marketing copy:

Driving Academy Event
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 (1 day event)
Laguna Seca
Monterey, CA

Phil Wicks Driving Academy instruction for Novice, Intermediate, and Expert drivers
  • Fees are $350 per person. Drivers participate in their own cars and receive in-car and in-classroom instruction with certified instructors. Fees include Time Trials and on-track Solo I Autocross for qualified drivers.
  • This is the opportunity to learn from Phil Wicks, one of the world's leading experts in motorsports. He has driven, developed, and prepared Mini Coopers for the track for more than 50 years. Phil's activities have included stunt driving the original "Italian Job" movie starring Michael Caine (red Mini) and various British television series utilizing Mini Coopers.
  • Phil has taken his 50+ years experience and developed a curriculum to give you the opportunity to learn the capabilities of your car in a safe environment. The curriculum is graduated to meet the needs of the new MINI Cooper owner that has never been on a track to the most experienced "track day junkie"/racer.
  • Included in the day will be the following:
  • Phil Wicks Driving Academy for Novice, Intermediate and Expert drivers with in-car and classroom instruction provided for Novice and Intermediate.
  • Solo I Autocross for Intermediate drivers and graduates of Phil Wicks Driving Academy Novice curriculum.
  • North American MINI Cooper Challenge Time Trials Series for winners of Solo I Autocross and licensed racers.
  • Classic Mini Cooper Solo I Autocross and Time Trials.
If you are interested, get in touch with PWDA soon as this will likely fill up fast. You can reach them at RacerWicks@aol.com. Registration form and more details here.