MidCal MINIs MidCal MINIs...filling the MINI void between Northern and Southern California. Visit the club site at midcalminis.com

MidCal Meeting - 9.19 @ Tony Roma's; 6:30pm

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 AM
ShellyQ
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fracky
Sorry bud, BJ's is wayyyyy too loud. I'm all for going back for margaritas at Casa Corona. What do you guys think?
My .02 for what its worth, no to Casa Corona for a meeting. Tooooooooo loud to hold a meeting there. As a group, haven't we discussed this before?

Shelly

Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ShellyQ
My .02 for what its worth, no to Casa Corona for a meeting. Tooooooooo loud to hold a meeting there. As a group, haven't we discussed this before?

Shelly
Well, where are we going then? So far we have been offered "wickedly expensive, but great (if you like that type of food)", "ridiculously loud and crowded with no parking, but good food and drink", " plenty loud with great parking together with good food and alcohol", and last meetings loser, "decent parking, quiet dining, lousy service, stupid alcohol and either go away hungry or broke". It's your turn to decide and there are a lot of us who will not go back to the road-kill cafe.

Steve

Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SRTech
Well, where are we going then? So far we have been offered "wickedly expensive, but great (if you like that type of food)", "ridiculously loud and crowded with no parking, but good food and drink", " plenty loud with great parking together with good food and alcohol", and last meetings loser, "decent parking, quiet dining, lousy service, stupid alcohol and either go away hungry or broke". It's your turn to decide and there are a lot of us who will not go back to the road-kill cafe.

Steve
I know, go to Woodward Park: No crowd, bring own food-bbq, good parking and Steve can bring an kind of alcohol he likes

Old 10-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Fracky
Transwarp - Warp 10.0
Yes, direct input is required otherwise I'll have to make a decision (since space has to be reserved in advance). I'm totally open to suggestions.

Sooooo....if the dining experience is important to you, please provide good ideas for a location which fits the following criteria:
1. Reasonably priced
2. Good, secure parking
3. Decent bar with good drinks
4. Not overly loud
5. Capacity for our club, ie. meeting room

Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
SRTech
Former Vendor
Yes, direct input is required otherwise I'll have to make a decision (since space has to be reserved in advance). I'm totally open to suggestions.

Sooooo....if the dining experience is important to you, please provide good ideas for a location which fits the following criteria:
1. Reasonably priced
2. Good, secure parking
3. Decent bar with good drinks
4. Not overly loud
5. Capacity for our club, ie. meeting room
Number 3 should be decent bar and decent food. The bar in not #1 in importance, but if the food isn't decent, the the bar needs to be. My order of importance is:

1. #5 - Not necessarily a room, but so we can sit together.
2. #3 - Decent bar or decent food or both.
3. #2 - I'm not dinging my car for a meeting.
4. #1 - If it's not outrageous and you go away satisfied, that's reasonable.
5. #4 - If it's not loud: place is dead because it sucks, or we got a room for free because the place sucks, or we have a room to ourselves which we paid for.

I think that four out of five will be the best we can hope for. The actual meeting takes about 10 minutes so loud is not that important. Besides, we are usually the ones being loud. Just my thoughts.

Steve

Old 10-01-2008, 10:56 AM
riversong
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ShellyQ

Shelly
+.02 Good food, service, & us being the only one's making noise.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
ShellyQ
4th Gear
Sorry bud, BJ's is wayyyyy too loud. I'm all for going back for margaritas at Casa Corona. What do you guys think?
Also not posted in my earlier post is margaritas have gotten to expensive at Casa. Steve does not even drink them any longer.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Fracky
Transwarp - Warp 10.0
Umkay, so suggestions are..... You know what'd be helpful is if people have an expectation on price. At this point my idea of satisfying my own criteria is pretty easy. However, what's good for me/us isn't necessarily true for others. I'll start. How bout: 1. Strings (Champlain & Shepherd), 2. Aqua Shi (Champlain & Perrin) or 3. Fuzio's (Riverpark). These three fit the criteria we're looking for.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Tron Chief
6th Gear
So what was the decision?

What about Logan's Roadhouse? The other option might be the Spagetti Factory? Sorry I'm not in town everyday but just my .76 Baht or .02 cents.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Lil Miss
2nd Gear
I have talked to one of the owners of the Yosemite Falls and he said we could use the back bar area of the Yosemite Falls on Blackstone and Shaw. He will make sure that the parking lot is taped off so we can park our cars across the parking lot so all cars are facing Blackstone. Marty and I have eaten there and we like it. YMMV!!! Just another possibility.

Kurt and Marty