North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MidCal MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/midcal-minis-129/)
-   -   MidCal Meeting - 9.19 @ Tony Roma's; 6:30pm (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/midcal-minis/154143-midcal-meeting-9-19-tony-romas-6-30pm.html)

Fracky 09-13-2008 07:04 AM

MidCal Meeting - 9.19 @ Tony Roma's; 6:30pm

Hi all:
We're having our September meeting this Friday (9.19) at Tony Roma's. Meeting starts at 6:30 & we have one of the side meeting rooms booked for our group. Dr.Steve they have a bar for you to try out, the food should be good & they're setup to give us each separate checks.

I'm stepping in for Commander Rob as the new MidCal Coordinator, so if you have any topics you'd like discussed at the meeting please PM me with details so I can add to the agenda. Also, if there's anything you'd like planned/setup for the coming months let me know so we can get a couple ideas on the board. Look forward to seeing all of you there! :thumbsup:

Note: Tina, can you bring the MidCal stickers? Thanks!

http://gallery.me.com/jandjperry/100...MG3374/web.jpg

riversong 09-13-2008 10:55 AM

Great. Sandee & I are looking forward to the meeting. I'll be glad to help any way I can to keep the club going. :nod: See you Friday. Ken

ShellyQ 09-13-2008 05:15 PM

Nick & myself will be at the meeting. Thanks Joe for stepping up. :thumbsup: +1 for any help you might be needing to keep the club together. See you on friday!

Shelly :grin:

JIMINNI 09-14-2008 09:52 PM

Me and Janet have a dinner to go to at 7:30 right down the street so I should be able to hang for awhile :nod:

03Eeyore 09-16-2008 12:55 PM

Tom and I will be there!:thumbsup:

Tina

mariposadust 09-16-2008 04:49 PM

I plan on being there, Susie is out of town. Just need to know which one, East Shaw or West Bullard?

Mariposadust

ShellyQ 09-16-2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mariposadust (Post 2471523)
I plan on being there, Susie is out of town. Just need to know which one, East Shaw or West Bullard?

Mariposadust

Bullard :thumbsup: The one on Shaw is no longer.

mariposadust 09-17-2008 05:41 AM

Thanks, got it!! :thumbsup::popcorn:

Whitey 09-17-2008 05:41 AM

MidCal Meeting - Which Tony Romas?

Hi Guys! I'd like to make this meeting, but you didn't say WHICH Tony Roma's - can you fill me in?

JIMINNI 09-17-2008 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Whitey (Post 2472132)
Hi Guys! I'd like to make this meeting, but you didn't say WHICH Tony Roma's - can you fill me in?

It's at Bullard and West avenues :thumbsup:

DIAMOND GIRL 09-17-2008 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by JIMINNI (Post 2472207)
It's at Bullard and West avenues :thumbsup:

Now that Michael has graduated. He and I will be there..............:) :) :)

Oh, yeah, there is a graduation party in the works...........

DIAMOND GIRL 09-17-2008 08:08 PM

Good thing the meeting is on Friday because on Saturday, my mini and I we'll be heading to the world fest in Sacramento www.sacramentoworldfestival.com
It should be fun.

VM

Fracky 09-19-2008 10:16 PM

Thanks to all of you for coming tonight to the meeting. DJ broke his string of botched orders, JIMINNImachine stopped by (always great to hang out with you bruthaman), it was Nick's birthday, celebrated Michael finishing his Masters Degree in Accounting, & all the gang was there. Karen & Susan, it was great having you & welcome to the MidCal Mini family! :grin:

To recap the meeting topics:
1. "Project Top Secret" - can't say anything here cuz' it's that classified.
2. MidCal website: I *really* appreciated each of your notes & thoughts. I'll come up with webpage format & incorporate ideas.
3. MC2 magazine - subscriptions: MC2
4. C-Dub will be plotting via satellite our next early Saturday morning club run (October). "MidCal run" thread coming soon to our forum, so watch for it.
5. EuroSunday - October 5th * Bentley's (Ft.Washington & Friant) - see thread for further details: EuroSunday-Fresno
6. Vinyl Styles install day for custom vinyl work (tentative 1st weekend in November). Please PM/e-mail me with interest so I can coordinate with Lyle. If you want a way for your car to have that extra-special visual touch, this is how you do it: Vinyl Styles

7. "Dr.Steve's corner": Oil change is important every 5k miles for longevity, reliability & proper care of engine.

Memorable quote: "When in doubt- modify it!"

Notes:
Next meeting location idea: Q N4 U BBQ House * Clovis? Suggestions are welcome.

http://gallery.me.com/jandjperry/100...MG3876/web.jpg

Kikimowse 09-20-2008 12:24 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Bitzie and I would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all of the new MINI friends that we met tonight at our very first MidCal MINIs meeting. You made us and our "new babies" feel quite welcome and right at home. We look forward to future meetings and events and truly enjoyed getting to know other fellow MINI lovers. :)

MINICHEF 09-20-2008 01:20 AM

wow, nice looking turn out:thumbsup:
wish I could attend, but those that know me understand that at the moment it is not an option:sad:
hope to be able to make a run soon, miss everyone

Fracky 09-20-2008 06:48 AM

We always miss having you there Chef. Even though you're Bay Area you're still part of the fam. Kikimowse, that's a good lookin' autosignature on your post. :thumbsup:

Club pictures: MidCal photo album

I'll/we'll start taking new pics & updating our fun escapades.

DIAMOND GIRL 09-24-2008 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fracky (Post 2476363)
We always miss having you there Chef. Even though you're Bay Area you're still part of the fam. Kikimowse, that's a good lookin' autosignature on your post. :thumbsup:

Club pictures: MidCal photo album

I'll/we'll start taking new pics & updating our fun escapades.

I have to say...................my house looks awesome. :popcorn:

oh, yeah, Nice pics..........:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fracky 09-29-2008 09:06 PM

I need to get our next meeting spot booked. Does anyone have a preference on where this shin-dig is going to take place or is it my choice. Careful guys, I'll book Aqua Shi or something if nobody puts their 2 cents in. :cool:

SRTech 09-30-2008 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fracky (Post 2488270)
I need to get our next meeting spot booked. Does anyone have a preference on where this shin-dig is going to take place or is it my choice. Careful guys, I'll book Aqua Shi or something if nobody puts their 2 cents in. :cool:

Fine as long as it's all-you-can-eat and you're paying.:thumbsup::lol:

Steve

JIMINNI 09-30-2008 08:58 AM

What about BJ's Brew Pub in front of Fashion Fair? Might be hard to get a spot on a Friday night though.

JIMINNI 09-30-2008 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by SRTech (Post 2488647)
Fine as long as it's all-you-can-eat and you're paying.:thumbsup::lol:

Steve

Shoot as long as he's paying, I say Ruth's Chris :thumbsup:

SRTech 09-30-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by JIMINNI (Post 2488820)
What about BJ's Brew Pub in front of Fashion Fair? Might be hard to get a spot on a Friday night though.

You have to be kidding.:nod: You would have to park a mile away if you found a parking place at all. And you think that BJ's is less loud than Casa Corona? I like it there, but I don't see how it would work.

Steve

Fracky 09-30-2008 01:22 PM

Let's talk to the 1st United International Federated Bank of JIMINNI to get a club loan to pay for current & future expenses. :thumbsup: On a serious note though, where do you wanna do this thing? Doesn't matter to me/us at all.

JIMINNI 09-30-2008 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by JIMINNI (Post 2488820)

Originally Posted by SRTech (Post 2489095)
You have to be kidding.:nod: You would have to park a mile away if you found a parking place at all. And you think that BJ's is less loud than Casa Corona? I like it there, but I don't see how it would work.

Steve

Originally Posted by Fracky (Post 2489162)
Let's talk to the 1st United International Federated Bank of JIMINNI to get a club loan to pay for current & future expenses. :thumbsup: On a serious note though, where do you wanna do this thing? Doesn't matter to me/us at all.

I thought BJ's would be good. We might have to find parking, actually at 6pm it might not be too bad. But I don't think they would let us reserve a table or two? Thats my .02 :nod:

Fracky 09-30-2008 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by JIMINNI (Post 2489790)
I thought BJ's would be good. We might have to find parking, actually at 6pm it might not be too bad. But I don't think they would let us reserve a table or two? Thats my .02 :nod:

Sorry bud, BJ's is wayyyyy too loud. I'm all for going back for margaritas at Casa Corona. What do you guys think?