North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MidCal MINIs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/midcal-minis-129/)
-   -   MidCal Meeting - 9.19 @ Tony Roma's; 6:30pm (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/midcal-minis/154143-midcal-meeting-9-19-tony-romas-6-30pm.html)

ShellyQ 10-01-2008 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Fracky (Post 2489901)
Sorry bud, BJ's is wayyyyy too loud. I'm all for going back for margaritas at Casa Corona. What do you guys think?

My .02 for what its worth, :razz: no :no: to Casa Corona for a meeting. Tooooooooo loud to hold a meeting there. As a group, haven't we discussed this before? :impatient:

Shelly :grin:

SRTech 10-01-2008 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ (Post 2490277)
My .02 for what its worth, :razz: no :no: to Casa Corona for a meeting. Tooooooooo loud to hold a meeting there. As a group, haven't we discussed this before? :impatient:

Well, where are we going then? So far we have been offered "wickedly expensive, but great (if you like that type of food)", "ridiculously loud and crowded with no parking, but good food and drink", " plenty loud with great parking together with good food and alcohol", and last meetings loser, "decent parking, quiet dining, lousy service, stupid alcohol and either go away hungry or broke". It's your turn to decide and there are a lot of us who will not go back to the road-kill cafe.:lol:

Steve

JIMINNI 10-01-2008 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by SRTech (Post 2490363)
Well, where are we going then? So far we have been offered "wickedly expensive, but great (if you like that type of food)", "ridiculously loud and crowded with no parking, but good food and drink", " plenty loud with great parking together with good food and alcohol", and last meetings loser, "decent parking, quiet dining, lousy service, stupid alcohol and either go away hungry or broke". It's your turn to decide and there are a lot of us who will not go back to the road-kill cafe.:lol:

Steve

I know, go to Woodward Park: No crowd, bring own food-bbq, good parking and Steve can bring an kind of alcohol he likes :razz: :grin:

Fracky 10-01-2008 09:47 AM

Yes, direct input is required otherwise I'll have to make a decision (since space has to be reserved in advance). I'm totally open to suggestions.

Sooooo....if the dining experience is important to you, please provide good ideas for a location which fits the following criteria:
1. Reasonably priced
2. Good, secure parking
3. Decent bar with good drinks
4. Not overly loud
5. Capacity for our club, ie. meeting room

SRTech 10-01-2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Fracky (Post 2490422)
Yes, direct input is required otherwise I'll have to make a decision (since space has to be reserved in advance). I'm totally open to suggestions.

Sooooo....if the dining experience is important to you, please provide good ideas for a location which fits the following criteria:
1. Reasonably priced
2. Good, secure parking
3. Decent bar with good drinks
4. Not overly loud
5. Capacity for our club, ie. meeting room

Number 3 should be decent bar and decent food. The bar in not #1 in importance, but if the food isn't decent, the the bar needs to be. My order of importance is:

1. #5 - Not necessarily a room, but so we can sit together.
2. #3 - Decent bar or decent food or both.
3. #2 - I'm not dinging my car for a meeting.
4. #1 - If it's not outrageous and you go away satisfied, that's reasonable.
5. #4 - If it's not loud: place is dead because it sucks, or we got a room for free because the place sucks, or we have a room to ourselves which we paid for.

I think that four out of five will be the best we can hope for. The actual meeting takes about 10 minutes so loud is not that important. Besides, we are usually the ones being loud.:lol: Just my thoughts.

Steve

riversong 10-01-2008 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ (Post 2490277)

+.02 :roll: Good food, service, & us being the only one's making noise. :nod:

ShellyQ 10-01-2008 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fracky (Post 2489901)
Sorry bud, BJ's is wayyyyy too loud. I'm all for going back for margaritas at Casa Corona. What do you guys think?

Also not posted in my earlier post is margaritas have gotten to expensive at Casa. Steve does not even drink them any longer. :lol:

Fracky 10-01-2008 10:17 PM

Umkay, so suggestions are..... You know what'd be helpful is if people have an expectation on price. At this point my idea of satisfying my own criteria is pretty easy. However, what's good for me/us isn't necessarily true for others. I'll start. How bout: 1. Strings (Champlain & Shepherd), 2. Aqua Shi (Champlain & Perrin) or 3. Fuzio's (Riverpark). These three fit the criteria we're looking for.

Tron Chief 10-13-2008 08:45 PM

So what was the decision?

What about Logan's Roadhouse? The other option might be the Spagetti Factory? Sorry I'm not in town everyday but just my .76 Baht or .02 cents. :popcorn:

Lil Miss 11-01-2008 10:54 AM

I have talked to one of the owners of the Yosemite Falls and he said we could use the back bar area of the Yosemite Falls on Blackstone and Shaw. He will make sure that the parking lot is taped off so we can park our cars across the parking lot so all cars are facing Blackstone. Marty and I have eaten there and we like it.:nod: YMMV!!! Just another possibility.

Kurt and Marty