Mid-Atlantic Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania

Price negotiable or not? DC area

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 AM
captpetek
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price negotiable or not? DC area

Greetings all! When I bought my '02 Cooper at MINI of Sterling it was a no haggle/fixed MSRP deal. Some dealers were marking the cars up at that time so I was actually pretty pleased. Fast forward, I'm considering ordering a new Countryman....Does anybody know if MINI of Sterling or any of the other DC area dealers are negotiating prices?

Thanks in advance and happy motoring!!

Pete

Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 AM
MINILLA
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captpetek
Greetings all! When I bought my '02 Cooper at MINI of Sterling it was a no haggle/fixed MSRP deal. Some dealers were marking the cars up at that time so I was actually pretty pleased. Fast forward, I'm considering ordering a new Countryman....Does anybody know if MINI of Sterling or any of the other DC area dealers are negotiating prices?

Thanks in advance and happy motoring!!

Pete

I bought my '03 at Sterling...MSRP no room for negotiating.....when I traded for my 2010 Clubman same deal at Sterling ....so I went to Richmond and got $1,750 off MSRP....CROWN in Richmond have been great to deal with.....it was worth the extra drive.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Cary Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I purchased mine at MINI of sterling too. I didn't have any negotiating power because I purchased new. Sterling does't negotiate with used MINIs either, but it's more because i think they know it's so popular they just don't have to. Before we purchased our 2009, we drove to Richmond for a test drive to not have to worry about pressure sales because we had already made up our minds to purchase at Sterling - it was going to be new anyway, so at Richmond it would have been no different. However, while there it was abundantly clear from their sales staff that negotiating price on a used MINI there was a very real possibility. If purchasing used, I have to agree, definitely go to Richmond. Might want to check Mini of Alexandria first, though - you never know, they may negotiate too.