Michigan MINI Motor Club The Michigan MINI Motor Club forum. Visit our club site at www.michiganmini.org

New MI mini Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Wagamos
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MI mini Owner

Hi everyone, My name is Jeff. Im not the new owner but my dad is. He just got his 09 Clubman S last saturday. If anyone around the Grand Rapids area sees him wave or something lol. He has the laser blue with silver roof and back trim. We do have plans already for the paint though. We are hoping to make it look more like a regular cooper. Something like this is the photoshop I did for him.

My brother and I are trying to get him into modding it already. He is looking into getting the m7 turbo to intercooler pipe to remove the section where there is the muffler. He also has the m7 strut brace and strut reinforcement plates already. He is also looking to tint the back windows and tint the sunroof with a metallic silver tint so that it blends in with the roof a bit more.

Hopefully we will see some of you guys at some meets soon! (I hope you wont mind if I show up in my car maybe).

Old 08-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Tallman
3rd Gear
OwnerGonnaBeSomeday

Congrats to your Dad.......and you, IF he lets you motor in it. I can see the paint job,....possibly. Maybe you should just get a 2nd Mini, instead?! (teehee)
I live in Okemos (near Lansing). RARELY get to GR - but if/when I get more serious about ordering my Mini, I'll keep my hand ready to wave.
You are so lucky to live so close to a dealership. Who was the salesperson? I was in GR a few weeks ago; stopped by for a test drive, but there was no Manual Clubman available. I chatted briefly with Jason Deutsch. He seemed in a hurry to get back to the BMW side (sell those other vehicles - hehe).
After the freebies go away, will y'all be doing your own maintenance? I plan to. Not to keen on the filter part though.
What is the interior like?
Tan or black leather? Chrome trim? Manual/Auto?
You guys are SO lucky!

Old 08-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Ooops, ....extra

.....as in a P.S.: For what its worth - I am 52 years young. Married, but no children. We DO have 3 cats though. I am 6'7" tall - and yes, I DO fit (even in a Mini Cooper). Actaully, I've read about some guy 6'11" - who owns a 2004 Cooper! Too funny!
Hey, speaking of, do you know what the "R50", "R56", etc. means/refers to?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
Congratulations Dad!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:36 AM
RayRatt
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Tallman
.....as in a P.S.: For what its worth - I am 52 years young. Married, but no children. We DO have 3 cats though. I am 6'7" tall - and yes, I DO fit (even in a Mini Cooper). Actaully, I've read about some guy 6'11" - who owns a 2004 Cooper! Too funny!
Hey, speaking of, do you know what the "R50", "R56", etc. means/refers to?
The MINI has more driver side legroom than my Cadillac STS. Granted, only a baby in a carseat could sit behind me with the seat all the way back - but, a MINI works great for tall people.

The R56 is the 2nd generation MINI Cooper hardtop from 2007 to now (I think R50 was the 1st generation - from 2001 to 2006). The Clubman is R55.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Tallman
3rd Gear
Thanks RayRatt. I have since found the explanation on Motoring File.

The 2010 USAMINI Configuator is up and running - I am stoked! Seriously leaning toward MC Hardtop.......or a Clubman......Red,...no, Blue,...ummmmmmmost definitely an S ? heheheh