Metroplex MINI - Texas The forum of Metroplex MINI (North Texas). Visit our club site at www.metroplexmini.org

North TX and SE OK Mini owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:31 PM
scottlayne
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North TX and SE OK Mini owners

Its weird. Before buying my 08 Cooper S Clubman a few weeks ago, I hardly noticed any Minis around my area: Grayson, Fannin, Cooke Counties in Texas and Bryan and a few surrounding counties in SE Oklahoma. But now that I'm driving one, I see Minis all over. I think there are at least four Mini owners in Durant, OK alone. I've seen 3-4 Minis in Grayson County.

I wonder if there are enough Mini owners in this part of the world to put together a Mini rally. I think it would be pretty cool to have a Mini "show/rally" up in the Durant area then drive down and around Grayson County.

Are there any active Mini car shows or club members in the DFW (now called North Texas) area who would be interested in a car show in Durant, OK? If so, message me and I'll see what we can do to make it happen. I work in Durant and have ties to the University there and think we can pull it off if there is any interest.

The University has a "loop" road that actually horseshoes around part of the center of campus. We've closed it off in the past for events and I think, if we had enough interest and enough vehicles, we could pull off a great rally. If interested, feel free to reply to this thread. Or if you're president of a local (DFW/surrounding) Mini group, please let me know if the group wants to drive up and rally in Durant. The town is about 1.5 hours north of Dallas--40 minutes north of Sherman, TX. We usually have homecoming late October and I think that would be a great time to have a car show/rally. If not this year, perhaps next. --Thanks.