JCW Just picked up my new JCW - Now What?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 05:23 AM
YSoBlue
2nd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CooperS56
So I have a crazy question, you have a JCW exhaust with both pipes open and you r spending 1800 to have one of the 2 open and close? is there an actual gain in performance or sound? Just curious as it seems like a big waste of money....only curious??
As stated above: Yes, on the stock JCW exhaust, both are always open AFTER passing through the muffler. There's only one downpipe and one exhaust pipe to the back of the car. That one pipe goes into the muffler. Two exhaust tips then come out of the muffler (for looks) out the back of the car. The pro exhaust splits that 1 stock exhaust pipe into 2 sides before the muffler. Then one side goes into the muffler and the other side STRAIGHT out the back of the car. So by opening the flap, the exhaust goes AROUND the muffler....from the down pipe straight out the back of the car, bypassing the restriction.

Is there a difference? Absolutely with sound. Much better in my opinion. Not so much on performance....by itself. But as with most aftermarket products, it is designed to work with other aftermarket products. Where you will see the difference is when you add / change other components (intake, downpipe,...).