JCW After oil change, what should show as indicator / notification ?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 12:50 PM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
After oil change, what should show as indicator / notification ?!?!?!

Took my JCW for service this past week (The Year came up before the mileage due on the oil change)... Took delivery of my JCW in June 2016, brought it in for it's first visit on July 11th 2017.

I had the dealer do the mandatory JCW Oil Change. At the same time, they did a computer update, and underneath inspection.

After getting my JCW back, does this seem wrong ?!?!?!

Should the oil or service indicator flash something else ?!?!?!

Old 07-13-2017, 02:35 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I bet that your dealership acquired your particular car in 11/2015, so it was actually "due" for annual service in November 2016 even though they didn't sell it until 6/16. I bought mine in 4/14, but it was bought by the dealer in 7/13, so my "due" light came on a few months after I took it. They obviously didn't reset the service indicator. I think you can do it yourself pretty easily.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:57 PM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Dealer Called me back...

I was thinking what you were thinking Mr. Newt, first name Big.

Dealer called me back apologizing profusely for...

(I think they forgot to reset the service indicator) They told me that after a firmware flash, all sorts of things can reset yeah, right. And that I should come in so they could walk me through the "process". If it can be reset, I will google it.

They washed my car (I said to them not to, it was written on the work order in three places) after I advised them not too (I have a ceramic coating on it, and am meticulous about paint protection, and not scratching the surface).

They replaced my bulged RFT (under warranty), and for some reason thought I would want it back so they "threw" it in the trunk without a tire bag. Like, hello!?!?!? RFT tires are not reserviceable, wth am I going to do with it.

Anyways... I guess we'll chock this down to Dealers DOH!

It's unbelievable how they can get it so wrong, like if they do it on purpose.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:00 PM
02fanatic
6th Gear
Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by LormaD
I was thinking what you were thinking Mr. Newt, first name Big.

Dealer called me back apologizing profusely for...

(I think they forgot to reset the service indicator) They told me that after a firmware flash, all sorts of things can reset yeah, right. And that I should come in so they could walk me through the "process". If itbe reset, I will google it

They washed my car (I said to them not to, it was written on the work order in three places) after I advised them not too (I have a ceramic coating on it, and am meticulous about paint protection, and not scratching the surface).

They replaced my bulged RFT (under warranty), and for some reason thought I would want it back so they "threw" it in the trunk without a tire bag. Like, hello!?!?!? RFT tires are not reserviceable, wth am I going to do with it.

Anyways... I guess we'll chock this down to Dealers DOH!

It's unbelievable how they can get it so wrong, like if they do it on purpose.
I have nothing against my dealer as they have treated me right but what you experienced is exactly why my JCW won't go in for any service unless it's a warranty item. I do my own oil changes & I'm learning the service reset process slowly as not many do it yourselfers apparently. I believe that on an annual basis from the date the car arrives you will get a service notice icon on the speedo "regardless" of when you perform a reset any other time. Ask me how I know! lol!

Old 07-14-2017, 03:57 AM
LormaD
3rd Gear
Agreed

Originally Posted by 02fanatic
I have nothing against my dealer as they have treated me right but what you experienced is exactly why my JCW won't go in for any service unless it's a warranty item. I do my own oil changes & I'm learning the service reset process slowly as not many do it yourselfers apparently. I believe that on an annual basis from the date the car arrives you will get a service notice icon on the speedo "regardless" of when you perform a reset any other time. Ask me how I know! lol!
Agreed... I brought it in for two warranty items.. the rear back on the driver side seat cover was ripped (when new). And the driver's side JCW Scuttle, had peeling black lettering. Since it HAD to go in, I had the free oil change (even though I use my own Royal Purple oil) and the Computer was updated.

Somethings, only the dealer can do, and only the dealer can mess up lol.