Flying Clog
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just fitted my Mishimoto filter and Racechip Ultimate

Fitted both today.

Name:  C64C431A-61DB-4842-A32F-3991673E5B3A_zpssgzgwvuf.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  197.5 KB

So the Mishimoto was much easier to install than I thought it would be. Very straight forwards.
Results are more induction noise - a real "suck" of air as you accelerate in sports mode, and then a much louder "chirp" from the turbo. I like it anyway :D

The Racechip was far more complicated than I anticipated.
Firstly the instructions from Racechip were terrible. However I wrote to them and very quickly they sent me a picture with the correct connectors marked to the sensors in the car.
Then came the removal of the connectors from the sensors . . . . . . . . Firstly you need to remove some small grey locking clips, and then try to lift the locking mechanism. The first two were fine but the last one which is tight between the radiator hoses and other pipework in the front right side of the car, was tricky !
Anyway - after much swearing and skin removal, the connector came free and all that was left was to fit the wiring loom from the Racechip, cabletie the loom (there is LOTS of it !) and put the Racechip box in a suitable location.

The car started !
Firstly I think there feels to be a little turbo lag, but perhaps I need to play with the settings on the box, however the mid range power is awesome. Really noticeable.

So, initial results are good - lets see how it continues !

FC

Old 03-25-2017, 04:24 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Drive it for 20-30 miles before you make any changes. It takes that long for the ECU to "learn" the new parameters.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:05 AM
Flying Clog
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vetsvette
Drive it for 20-30 miles before you make any changes. It takes that long for the ECU to "learn" the new parameters.
Ahhh ok - makes sense. Good tip

Thanks !