Blue Liquid - North American Motoring

JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Blue Liquid

Old 10-03-2016, 07:22 AM
1st Gear

Blue Liquid

Hey folks I just changed the oil in my 06 JCW. When I ran it up on the ramps there was a blue liquid that came out from the back side of the drivers front fender. I just wrote it off as washer fluid since that seems to be the only thing in that area. Well now two days later that same area is still damp and leaves a small puddle in my garage. Is there anything else there that it could be coming from as everything else seems dry?
Old 10-03-2016, 07:48 AM
6th Gear

Our MINIs also have blue antifreeze.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Vendor

If you recently added washer fluid to the car it could just be sloshing around. Normal.

OE coolant is blue.

ATE Super Blue brake fluid is also blue, but now illegal to run in road registered vehicles.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:30 AM
6th Gear

If it very slick...it is likly coolant...check your coolant tank level?
Washer fluid tends to evaporate VERY fast....coolant, not so much....so if you have puddles, I'd guess you have a coolant leak...
Old 10-03-2016, 08:51 AM
1st Gear

I haven't recently added washer fluid, but the headlight washer is what is on that side and doesn't get used much. Also I went out and checked a few minutes ago and it doesn't seem oily to the touch either, I sprayed washer fluid on both the headlights and windhield and it seemed to drip more consistently. I have an appointment with a local indie shop tomorrow morning. Would rather be safe than sorry.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:46 PM
6th Gear

Did you check the coolant tank level?
Old 10-04-2016, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

Took it in and had it checked out this morning. It seems like the washer pump is leaking a bit. Will have to order and get one put in soon than later. Thanks for all the replies folks!