JCW Chili Red roof and mirrors - beltline

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chili Red roof and mirrors - beltline

So I finally did get my car a couple weeks ago, Thunder Grey with Chili Red roof and mirrors. I have been too busy driving around (and working) to post much, but I did want to just get the word out on one thing.

So I decided to try to RED out my beltline. My R56 is blacked out, and I thought the red would look good with everything else, so I ordered the kit from OutMotoring.

Now no bad marks on them as I have ordered several things there and have been nothing but happy, but if thinking about redding out the beltline with their kit when you have a red mirror and roof, I would say don't do it. I did mine a week ago, and finally today really got a good look at it in the sun. It is not even close to Chili Red, and in fact looks almost orange. It looked great in my garage, but once you see it in real light it looks horrible. I immediately pulled it off an will leave it as chrome for now. I do have some vinyl that is really close to chili red and I might try to go that way at some stage, but for now it will stay as chrome.

Just thought I would let you all know.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:58 AM
mct
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1chaos52
So I finally did get my car a couple weeks ago, Thunder Grey with Chili Red roof and mirrors. I have been too busy driving around (and working) to post much, but I did want to just get the word out on one thing.

So I decided to try to RED out my beltline. My R56 is blacked out, and I thought the red would look good with everything else, so I ordered the kit from OutMotoring.

Now no bad marks on them as I have ordered several things there and have been nothing but happy, but if thinking about redding out the beltline with their kit when you have a red mirror and roof, I would say don't do it. I did mine a week ago, and finally today really got a good look at it in the sun. It is not even close to Chili Red, and in fact looks almost orange. It looked great in my garage, but once you see it in real light it looks horrible. I immediately pulled it off an will leave it as chrome for now. I do have some vinyl that is really close to chili red and I might try to go that way at some stage, but for now it will stay as chrome.

Just thought I would let you all know.
Good to know. Did you snap any photos of it when it was in your garage? Would be curious to see what it looked like.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:18 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
I also have a grey/CR car (Eclipse Grey) with red mirrors. I got this roll of red plastic stuff for the wheels, you remove the tape and press it on the edge and wind it around. Looks sorta like the edges are painted The color looks great, only $50 at GoBadges. Sorry I can't repost the pic I already posted on this site (dumbest rule ever). I've had it on for a couple months and nothing's happened to it except a small curb scuff. Check it out.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:42 AM
1chaos52
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mct
Good to know. Did you snap any photos of it when it was in your garage? Would be curious to see what it looked like.
Sorry for the delayed response, busy weekend.

No I do not have any pictures with it on, sorry.