JCW Order for 4 Door with JCW parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:03 AM
MacMitch
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order for 4 Door with JCW parts

I just put a deposit down on a new 4 Door Hardtop. I bought a car that the dealers had in production that had everything I wanted +.

The car I bought has the following JCW appointments. JCW Exterior package, JCW Steering wheel, upgraded wheels to 18" JCW Cup Spoke two-tone wheels. Other packages are: Cold Weather Package, Media Package and Premium Package. It also will have the Black Bonnet Stripes. The car is Electric Blue with the Standard Leatherette Carbon Black interior.

According to the information I have the car is out of production sitting at the dock ready to ship, manufacture date 2015/04/17.

I am trying to get a good idea what the car will look like by entering the packages & other info. in the Mini Builder. I am particularly interested in what I will get in "Connected" area of the dash. The builder seems to show something different than the Media package does. The Media Package indicates it comes with a 6.5" screen where the building program shows a smaller screen with some **** & buttons in it?

I am also interested in what the interior will look like? I have dogs so the leatherette is great for me but I am not sure what colors/designs will show up on the dash, doors, roof....

Any help with more info. is appreciated.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:08 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts
You'd get more response if you posted in the Hatchback Forum, not JCW. There are more participants there. And this forum is for people who order/get the Factory JCW car which isn't what you got. You got the F55 with the JCW body kit and interior bits. The factory JCW has those things, and different seats, brakes, and bigger turbocharger. It also costs about $6600 more than the MCS model.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 PM
MacMitch
2nd Gear
Except, I thought people with JCWs would know the JCW options better. As far as I can tell there is no forum for the four door Mini yet, excuse my intrusion. Thanks for explaining what I bought though.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:07 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
MAC how are you buddy. OK question before i answer you question .. so your car was finished on 4/17..have you heard when the ship is coming to pick u yours? Ok so for the JCW items..

Click the link below to give u a quick idea of what the media package will look like. Its a decent screen size. The main deff between the XL other then the size of then screen is the ***. The media package has a orange *** that works pretty will, vice the XL has a touch pad with no ***. I ended up adding the XL package w/ HUD all because i didn't like the ***.. but then again its not a must lol. Its hard to say what color your mini will be inside. IT will probably be a black w/ leatherette which is the same has my new order. Let me say this though.. if you have dogs and want to keep the seats clean.. get the cover (link below)

Media package :

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...98493885&Log=0

seat cover (they have three ones.. i like the JCW one better)

http://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/1...OTECTIVE-COVER

Old 05-01-2015, 07:21 AM
FocksTrot91
Neutral
Jcw pkg not only changes the exterior but also the interior: jcw door sills, steering wheel, red stitch on the shifter, anthracite(black ceiling)headliner, and I believe glossy black finish to the dash surface . As far as Media pack: yes the 6.5" screen( 8.8" with wired pack which includes nav) armrest, Bluetooth music streaming, and MINI connect apps which is recommend playing with when your car comes in. Speaking of which if it was produced on the 17th, it should have been Shipped by now and I wouldn't be suprised it it's not at your dealer by very early June.