Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Rain-X latitude

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 AM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Rain-X latitude

Anyone tried the new rain-x latitude wiper blades? Do they conture the glass well? Ive noticed that even the stock blades are too long and conture well on the tip of the passenger side. Im not about to buy these if they dont conture, besides, i have a stockpile of OEM blades.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Jahmills
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a set, they do not work on the MINI. I had to replace them within a week because it just wasn't safe to drive with them on there. Both the driver's side and passenger's side did not make full contact with the windshield. I bought the conventional metal frame RainX blades and they work fine. As far as these new low profile blades go I have tried the RainX, and the Michelin brands, both suck. Last year when the company I work for was looking at taking on the Valeo (starter & alternator) line a sales rep gave me a set of Valeo Flex Blades, they worked perfectly, but they started to go bad in the fall so that's when I tried these other brands. Our company never did take on the Valeo line and I'm still trying to a place that sells them, they rock.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:39 PM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have found it does not matter what blade i use they all suck, the cleaner i keep my windows the better they work when i need them. I find more frequent applications of Rain X and cleaner with Stoner glass cleaner the longer the blades last and the batter they work.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I was thinking about buying another driver's side OEM metal frame for the passnger side, so that it could actually contact the entire windshield. The OEM blades I bought in bulk are all the same length, you have to trim them to fit anyway so I can still use them.
(I think it was the passenger side that was longer...at anyrate, one side is shorter. This was typed up by memory, and my MINI is all the way upstairs and out in the garage. I'm to lazy to go look)

Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM
phillyunderworld
2nd Gear
all i have to say is piaa silicone's. i've had them for two years now with absolutely no problem.the combination of rain-x glass treatment wipes and these blades is amazing.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:05 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The PPG glass treatment is better than RainX - no streaking or chattering, no white-ish marks where the blades change direction, goes on faster/easier, and lasts longer. I've had it on for 6+ months of heavy use and it's still acceptably strong - most RainX is pretty much gone after 2-3 months (I'm not affiliated with PPG in any way, but am very happy with their product).

My Valeo monoblade wipers don't bend enough to contact the far passenger side of the windshield. They don't clog with ice as badly as OEM. I'll use 'em in winter and go OE the rest of the year...

Old 02-20-2007, 07:24 PM
batrugger
5th Gear
I use bosch icons, look good and work great