Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior M7 CF AiR Diverter owners BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:24 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
M7 CF AiR Diverter owners BEWARE!

Originally Posted by blackie
<snip> Unfortunately, I found [out] the hard way that the M7 CF air diverter will develop scars from the bonnet's front screw placements along the lip, so I have applied two small clear rubber bumpers (the type sold in framing shops to be used on the back side of picture frames) to avoid further damage. My advice to anyone purchasing this nice addition be alert and determine a means of addressing prevention of this condition; there may be better ways than what I have tried and I would love to see a discussion of successful solutions. <snip>

Well, my bad; I misspoke about the cause of the scars on my M7 CF Air Diverter. I have now determined that the scars came from the screws that hold the brackets for my driving lamps, so if you have the driving lamps braced to your grille (like the ones sold by Mini) and you get the M7 CF Air Diverter, be alert to the location of these 4 screws (2 on each driving lamp bracket) when the hood is closed and they come in contact with the diverter. Rather than placing rubber bumpers directly on the diverter, a better answer may be placing adhesive-backed rubber cushioning to the 4 screw heads. Again, anyone else noticing this issue should offer their own takes on possible fixes.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I found out this weekend that the screws for the front (upper) grill CAN indeed rub the APD I've received some advice on covering up the scuffs and will post any results once I get off my lazy @ss and try them out

Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 PM
JS
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're having troubles with the plastic grill screws rubbing on the APD, relieve them by sanding or cutting them back to the nuts/clips. That should stop farther interference between the two.
JS