Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Grey Door Panels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 11:55 AM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Grey Door Panels?

I am making my final decisions before ordering my MINI, i have always thought that i was going to do the grey cloth seats but something recently made me think about doing the leatherette instead since its a no cost option and i have never owned a car with leather seats (except my 98 Cobra which i only had for 6 months) and i thought about this cause of 2 main reasons. The look and feel of leather and the ease of cleaning. But the benefits of cloth with the grip instead of sliding around on the leather and the fact that it wont get hot or cold like the leatherette will. I also like the grey cloth and how it breaks up the mono color seat look. So then i saw the grey leatherette which is all of the above. But i noticed for some reason they give it grey door panels instead of the regular black that they give everything else. Whats up with that? If i could get the black door panels on the grey leatherette i would probably be happy. So anyway i would like to get your option and pics of those of you that have grey door panels vs black and what you think. Which would you do?

Old 04-23-2005, 03:43 PM
MrV
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mykl! I can't believe that I caught you cheating on us over at metroplexmini. I feel so violated.

The configurator is WRONG. When you switch to grey leatherette, it does NOT change the door panels to black. I totally went through this whole thing with Jarred at Moritz. He assured me that the configurator was wrong. And I made him check several times, and he assured me that my door panels would come in black if I ordered the grey leatherette.

As you know, I ended up ordering the black, because I finally found a picture of the rear seats in grey and didn't like them. But (again, as you know) when my MINI showed up, they had actually put the grey in my car by mistake. My door panels were indeed black still.

Have you seen the grey interior (especially the rear seats)? I think I still have a picture saved, so let me know if you want me to email it to you.

-- Jay

PS - Of course, Jarred probably still has my grey seats laying in the back room somewhere, so maybe you order black from the factory, get him to change just your front seats to grey when it arrives and leave the rear black.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:47 PM
2perCooper
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have silver door panels....if this is what you are looking for. :smile:

I actually like the silver door casing....most other MINIs i've seen have the anthracite door. so its kinda uniquie.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:56 PM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Hey MrV yeah i frequent all the MINI boards but i also posted this question there too. Yeah send me the pics. Also i found something on MINI2 it seems that with the MC you get grey door panels with the grey Leatherette and black door panels with the MCS but i dont know how to confirm this. 2 different people told me. I like the tone 2 look so i know it wont be black i just cant decide between the cloth or the leatherette.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:58 PM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
2perCooper yeah i think thats what i was looking for anymore pics? It looks like i may not have to worry about it. As if you look in my previous post it seems that with the Grey Leatherette the MC gets grey(silver) door panels and the MCS gets black.