Interior/Exterior Upgrading lumber in Leatherette seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:55 AM
KLOIN
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Upgrading lumber in Leatherette seats

I've upgraded the leatherette seats to adjustable lumbar on my MCS'10 which had 2 zippers which got me to the springs and the job was done..
With the Countryman All4 leatherette seats there's a huge plastic frame in the any...
Has anyone got an easy way to do the Countryman leatherette seats ???
Help Help, already have the parts...

Old 06-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Angib
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks like they are the same type of plastic seat back as used in many of the Coopers (though a different size, obviously). They are released by pressing in 3" down from the top edge while pulling back at the top edge. This releases the catches which are about 3" down. Very little force is required - once you have got the knack, the cover just pops off. But you need to rotate the top to release the catch, don't just try brute force.

These two pics show how to hold the seat back to release the catches and a view of the catches - you can see that if the arm is rotated, it will disengage from the seat frame.

If it doesn't release, you haven't twisted it enough.

Attached Thumbnails Upgrading lumber in Leatherette seats-seat-back.jpg   Upgrading lumber in Leatherette seats-seat-back-clip.jpg  
Old 11-19-2013, 09:17 AM
KLOIN
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Angib
It looks like they are the same type of plastic seat back as used in many of the Coopers (though a different size, obviously). They are released by pressing in 3" down from the top edge while pulling back at the top edge. This releases the catches which are about 3" down. Very little force is required - once you have got the knack, the cover just pops off. But you need to rotate the top to release the catch, don't just try brute force.

These two pics show how to hold the seat back to release the catches and a view of the catches - you can see that if the arm is rotated, it will disengage from the seat frame.

If it doesn't release, you haven't twisted it enough.
My CM doesn't have a plastic frame but a leatherette cover steel frame..