Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Want custom Shift Boot

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Treehuggingirl
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want custom Shift Boot

Just got a 2010 Mayfair edition and it is absolutely beautiful, however the shift boot looks "um UGLY". The shift **** is the same toffee leather as the seats and looks great but the shift boot and e-brake boot look cheap. I don't even know if they are leather. Okay know with that said I went on a few sites for custom boots (redline and shiftstyles) the problem know lies in the quality and the color matching. So my question to you'll is Has anyone ordered one of these and do you know what color would match my interior. "Toffee" I sent pics to redline and they said it would be easier to pick a neutral color and then match the thread with the toffee, but that is not what I want. So know that I have held everyone hostage by computer please if you will give a girl some advise. Much Thanks.........

Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Treehuggingirl
Just got a 2010 Mayfair edition and it is absolutely beautiful, however the shift boot looks "um UGLY". The shift **** is the same toffee leather as the seats and looks great but the shift boot and e-brake boot look cheap. I don't even know if they are leather. Okay know with that said I went on a few sites for custom boots (redline and shiftstyles) the problem know lies in the quality and the color matching. So my question to you'll is Has anyone ordered one of these and do you know what color would match my interior. "Toffee" I sent pics to redline and they said it would be easier to pick a neutral color and then match the thread with the toffee, but that is not what I want. So know that I have held everyone hostage by computer please if you will give a girl some advise. Much Thanks.........
These can be ordered fromteh dealer "in Leather" to match the seats and the shift ****.

It is actaully unfortunate that when you order the mathcing shift **** that they do not include the shift boot. Udderly rediculous in my opinion. And i know when I ordered my car they did not show that the ebrake handle and boot are also available. I told the dealer is was rahter upset about the matter and two day later I was called to have the parts installed.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Treehuggingirl
1st Gear
I know and I wish that the dealer offered it in this toffee color but the hot chocolate does not match or I would have that put in. So far there is not a match. We'll see.....

Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
these folks make some great products:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/index.htm

Old 06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ron-s mini
these folks make some great products:

http://www.redlinegoods.com/index.htm
+1 good products

Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
ACallahan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Recently got shift and e-brake boots from Redline,very happy with quality and nothing beats that new leather smell.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Treehuggingirl
1st Gear
Thank you all for the advice about Redline..... I will email them with pics and see if they can match my leather.....

Old 06-28-2010, 10:12 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Treehuggingirl
I know and I wish that the dealer offered it in this toffee color but the hot chocolate does not match or I would have that put in. So far there is not a match. We'll see.....
Talk to the parts department they do make them in Toffe Color. I do not have access to the most current part number right now but I have a friend that has them.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Treehuggingirl
1st Gear
Thanks I will stop by there tomorrow. Thanks again.