Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Who makes these side skirts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 06:04 PM
mantronix
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. I really like the Mini in this picture with the body-colored side skirt on it. I think it really enhances the look:

Who makes these skirts?

Thanks.

Old 11-29-2003, 06:15 PM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
That is the Factory Aero Kit side skirt painted body color. Personally I thinhk it makes the side of the car look to Long and makes the front and rear look to high becuase they do not have a matching front spoiler and rear skirt.

But that is just my 2 cents
This??

Old 11-29-2003, 06:31 PM
mantronix
1st Gear
Thanks Doug. I didn't know it was a factory option. I guess I could have just jumped on the Mini website and built one to see if the option showed up.

Old 11-29-2003, 06:36 PM
erikgil
2nd Gear
>>Thanks Doug. I didn't know it was a factory option. I guess I could have just jumped on the Mini website and built one to see if the option showed up.
>>
>>

I'm not sure it was an option for me in the US, but who knows . . .

Doug?

Old 11-30-2003, 01:10 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
>>Thanks Doug. I didn't know it was a factory option. I guess I could have just jumped on the Mini website and built one to see if the option showed up.

As far as I know the aerokit is not a "factory installed option" like the Harmon Kardon audio upgrade. It is a "dealer installed" MINI parts upgrade option which can be ordered with a new or used MINI. You pay for the parts and installation and the dealer sends the work out to a body shop and charges you more but the cost may be included in your car loan and monthly payments.

Since it is done all after the factory has built your MINI then you can tell the dealer how you wish to have the aerokit painted. Some will do it like the pictures above and leave the wheel arches and bumper and side trim black while other dealers will paint everything body color or a contrasting color. The more you paint the higher the cost. Also you can buy parts of the complete aerokit such as just the side skirts or any combination. In theory you should pay less if you choose less parts but not all dealers will charge less.