Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Highly recommended Clear Bra installer and maybe a reason no

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 03:42 PM
BadDog
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you live in the Northen California area and are looking for a company skilled in the installation of Clear Bras, I highly recommend Invisiguard (707-328-5865 - invisiguard@sbcglobal.net). They are located in Santa Rosa, but have a mobile service and thus came to my house in San Ramon to perform the installation. Jeremy showed up at around 10:15am and it took him close to three hours to install paint protection to my bonnet, bumper, side mirrors, side doors, and front headlights (including fog and turn signals).

This included prepping the car surfaces first and a good amount of time, checking his work and the finished product. After watching the amount of time involved in prepping, applying, heat gunning and double checking the work, I can say without a doubt that there is no way I could have done this on my own.

The end product looks great on my Pepper White MINI and I feel it was money well spent. In fact, compared to the price of buying a kit on the Internet, I probably only spent $30 more than if I had done it myself!

-- Barr

Old 11-24-2003, 08:22 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i did mine myself..wasn't hard to do, just took a while to dry it cause it was
kinda cold outside when i did it. (used 2 heatlamps and cooked them a
couple of hours).

i would recommend a good amount of time and only use the squeegee to
pushout solution from under the film. don't use your fingers as it will swirl the
film. otherwise, it's a no brainer.

Old 11-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Blue Brummie
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey BadDog,

Glad to hear you had a positive experience. I'm about to have the X-Pel system installed. If you don't mind me asking, how much did your installer charge for the install itelf ?

I live in Mass, and I'm getting quotes around $300 to do the install. Seems a bit high considering that Ryan at Clearguard suggests it should be $150-200.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BB