How To Fog lights and Wiper fluid question?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:22 AM
starstruck
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fog lights and Wiper fluid question?

Im a first time mini owner. I have a 2007 cooper. Not the "s". Anyways, I see that there are foglights in it, but no switch for them. I was wondering if they just need new bulbs to work and or do i have to install a separate light system for them. Also, how do i go about doing this or checking to see if they are already installed. My second question is, all of the sudden, my windshield wiper fluid stopped spraying out but the wipers still go when i push the button on the steering wheel to clean the windshield. How do i check to see if its a fuse problem or possibly a leak or clog? Any information would help me as i live in an area where there arent many mechanics for these cars other than a dealer a little ways away. Thanks.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM
trwxxa
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Are you sure you have fog lights, and not just the stock parking lights? They are both mounted in the same location.

What button are you pushing to clean the windshield? The washer fluid is sprayed when you pull back on the right hand column lever. Buttons on the steering wheel are for cruise control (right) and stereo (left).

If that is what you are doing, make sure you have washer fluid first then listen for the sound of the pump running when you pull the lever. It could have failed if someone tried to run it with no fluid.

Did your MINI come with an owners manual? If not, a quick Google search will pull up PDF versions you can download.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:18 PM
starstruck
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I realized that I do have the stock parking lights. But they are always on when my lights are on. The bulbs were both dead is what the problem was. As far as the fluid for the wipers, the pump must have been frozen or somthing, because now it is working again. And on a side note: I just ordered some bonnette stripes from rockymountaingraphics. Are those hard to put on? It will be my first try at something like that on a car. Thanks for the help!

Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
trwxxa
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you've never done it before, you'd be better off hiring someone to do it. Your MINI dealer can install them, but it'd be cheaper if you can find out what independent installer they use (they often have in-house installers and independents that they can call) and call them yourself. Many of them will come to your house or office to do the work.

Watch how they do it. It's not necessarily difficult, but if you don't know the techniques you can ruin the vinyl stripes and have to start over.