"Stuff", or Andy is too lazy to create multiple topics right

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks,

Just dropped "POLLN8" off at the MINI dealership to get the passenger seat folding ratchet-mechanism thingy (that'd be the technical term, just in case you were wondering) ... anyway, to get that and a leaky rear tail lens assembly fixed.

Was going to change the oil on the car myself until I found it's a "canister" type rather than the more Andy-friendly spin on type. That being said, I'd rather have the MINI folks do the first oil change. :smile: I'm sure if I did it I'd end up with oil all over the place.

Was kickin around an idea for a logo for the Mini Club. (Hopefully I'm going to start workin' on the site after I post this message) If there are any graphics arts types in the house - please let me know! I'd love to have some "professional" help on this one so it comes out lookin' good. Anyway - my idea for the logo is this:

Outer circle is black. Maybe...3 or 4" in diameter for a window sticker? Anyway - black outer ring with white "Mini Club of Hawai'i" lettering spaced all nice and neat around there. The inside would start off with a background of the Hawai'i State flag. I'd orient it such that the Union Jack portion was occupying something like the upper left 1/4 or so. In "front" of the flag I'd have a line drawing of a new MINI on the left and an old Mini on the right - have 'em touching bumpers or close to it... maybe draw the cars back to about the doors. Make sense? Tried to describe it as best as I could :smile:

What I'd really like to do is get maybe 5 or 6 different ideas whipped up and then at one of our first "official" meetings... I guess "official" means we'd have chairs or somethin'... dunno :smile: Heheh...anyway, at one of our first meetings we could all vote on what we thought was the best design and then go with that. How's that sound?

Time to open a beer and let the HTML flow...

-Andy

Old 04-11-2003, 05:46 PM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
Changing the oil is easy. 10k between oil changes is too long....

Old 04-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Yeah... I've always been told the 3,000 mile or 3 month rule, and more frequently with forced induction engines.

I'll let them do this first one and then in about 2500 miles I'll probably do another one.

How hard is the oil filter canister to get to? I mean, other than the fact it's a canister is it pretty easy to reach from underneath?

Old 04-12-2003, 10:55 PM
SouthSeaSadie
3rd Gear
>>Was kickin around an idea for a logo for the Mini Club. Outer circle is black. Maybe...3 or 4" in diameter for a window sticker? Anyway - black outer ring with white "Mini Club of Hawai'i" lettering spaced all nice and neat around there. The inside would start off with a background of the Hawai'i State flag. I'd orient it such that the Union Jack portion was occupying something like the upper left 1/4 or so. In "front" of the flag I'd have a line drawing of a new MINI on the left and an old Mini on the right - have 'em touching bumpers or close to it... maybe draw the cars back to about the doors. Make sense? Tried to describe it as best as I could :smile:
>>

Well, here is what I think you want. Some variation in colors, but pretty much what you said. Comments welcome.

Old 04-12-2003, 10:57 PM
SouthSeaSadie
3rd Gear
Whoops, forgot to put in the photo. Duh.

Old 04-13-2003, 11:12 AM
Latka
5th Gear
That's cool! :smile: It's a touch different than what I had in my little brain, but I like it!