Use of the Hawaii forum going forward

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use of the Hawaii forum going forward

It has come to my attention that the Hawaii Regional forum is no longer being fully utilized as it was intended. This forum was created, as were the other regional forums on the site, to support the growing body of MINI owners and enthusiasts and to help them to communicate, learn from, and build friendships with others in their area.

I realize that issues related to the dealership fueled past discussions. To that end we contacted MINI and brought additional attention to the issues that were concerning owners there. While I do not pretend to know how well the dealership is performing now I do know that specific owner issues were addressed in a manner that met the approval of the owners.

Over the last few months I have heard a high degree of he said/she said and requests for NAM to deal with it. Given the location, if the members would be willing to pay for the travel, lodging, meals, and daily transportation we would be happy to assemble a team, fly out and stay for a month to interview, assess the situation first hand, and develop a conclusion and policy going forward. :smile::smile: Somehow I don't think this is likely so I'll suggest the following:

• The moderators of North American Motoring will more closely monitor this forum to insure that it is used as a friendly meeting place and not as a soapbox for past problems.
  • If there is an issue that needs to be addressed by the dealership than pose it in a constructive criticism type of light. Before posting to the site take the time to contact the dealership and 877-ASK-MINI to resolve your issue. If posting, the criticism should come with recent first hand information and not information that is anecdotal or dated.
  • Posts containing personal attacks, bad blood, etc. will not be tolerated. Any post containing this type of rhetoric will be deleted with no warning provided. Subsequent posts of the same type will result in access to the site being restricted.
  • All forum threads will be reviewed. Past posts containing any of the above mentioned language, tone, etc. will be removed.
  • If there are issues between individuals that were created outside of NAM then keep them out of the Hawaii forum. Meet in person or use email to resolve your differences. NAM is not the appropriate place to air these differences.
As I said earlier, we created this forum to support the owners and enthusiasts of the MINI in Hawaii. In order to help restore members ability to enjoy this forum, please do your part to keep its use in line with this spirit.

Mark

Last edited by dave; 09-07-2004 at 05:09 PM.