aloha new mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 03:10 PM
jabuan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aloha new mini owner

aloha! new mini owner, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

i'm in no way a competition driver, brand new to mini and driving on a regular basis. i've been a motorcycle rider for many years.

anyway, looking forward to meeting some of you guys and attending events.

aloha!

Old 08-24-2014, 04:24 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Welcome,

Glad to hear from you and hope to see "Winston" soon.

If you get interested there are Sports car club of America Autocross events at Aloha Stadium lower parking lot on sundays each month. Next event is Sept 28, and you can park at the stadium for a small fee and watch the event for free. We have about 90-100+ drivers each event, currently no MINIs.

If you are interested in driving we have a Rookie class with instructors available to coach you all season, about 10 more events. We have "stock" classes for unmodified cars.
Your F56 base cooper would be in H Street class which has the most favorable handicap of all the cars. We use Pax index multiplier to even out the results so you can compare your run time with all the other cars driven for that event no matter what class they are in. The more modified cars are expected to drive faster and have a worse Pax index.

Autocrossing teaches basic car control and helps you learn what your MINI can do which is much more than most owners realize. No need to modify your MINI or upgrade anything. It works fine in stock form, just do the break in miles ASAP.

If you want a ride along or visit to the grid and pit areas wear closed shoes and let me know.

For more info and season schedule for Solo/Autocross events-
http://www.sccahawaii.org/category/solo/

Last edited by minihune; 08-24-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:09 PM
jabuan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right on @minihune mahalo for the info. I'm gonna have to come and check our the events.