Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] "Komen Race for Cure" Team HMMC

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:17 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Hawaii] "Komen Race for Cure" Team HMMC

On Sunday, Oct. 22, 2006, HMMC will have a team entered in "Komen Race for Cure."

Originally Posted by groove67
Folks,

I have registered as the team captain for the club on the website. We have myself and Allen registered to run/walk the 5K on Sunday 22 Oct 2006. We need 10 people to keep this as a team event. To register please go to the www.komenhawaii.org website and click on registration. When it comes up, click on team member registration. The drop down menu will have the Hawaii Mini Motoring Club (HMMC) team name in it. Choose this team name and then complete your registration. It is easier if you register on-line, but you can mail it in also. Just make sure you put the HMMC name under the team name block so we get credit.

We are going to try to get this event to qualify for the Mini Hearts badge with the dealership. We will let you know after we get 10 people to keep this as a team event. Also, your kids can do the keiki walk as well.

Allen and I decided to chair this event because my Grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer 7 years ago and is a survivor. If you know anyone or are a cancer survivor, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation has enabled researchers to make great strides in Breast Cancer Research and allows under priveleged women to get cancer treatment. Please come out and join us for some fun.

Annessa and Allen C.
Folks, don't wait too long to register!
Team Registration Closes: September 24, 2006 at 9:00 PM PST

Old 09-20-2006, 01:33 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
As of now, we have six registered team members. Don't think about it too long folks! This is the last week to register for the team!

Old 09-21-2006, 12:50 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Here's registration information (I think for on-line registration) :

Fees: See below

Team Registration Closes: September 24, 2006 at 9:00 PM PST
Individual Registration Closes: October 14, 2006 at 9:00 PM PST

Online Donations: Click here to donate to 2006 Komen Hawaii Race for the Cure

Fees and Deadlines:
Na Keiki: $15 thru October 14, 2006
Na Keiki Team: $15 thru September 24, 2006
Adult (Timed): $30 thru September 24, 2006; $35 thru October 14, 2006
Adult (Not Timed): $25 thru September 24, 2006; $30 thru October 14, 2006
Adult Team (Timed): $25 thru September 24, 2006
Adult Team (Not Timed): $20 thru September 24, 2006
Hiamoe in for the Cure: $25 thru October 14, 2006
Hiamoe in for the Cure Team: $25 thru September 24, 2006

We need 4 more sign-ups (minimum) to keep our HMMC TEAM registration! Hope you folks can help support this wonderful cause and help the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club represent!

Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
For those who can not participate but would like to contribute to our efforts and the KOMEN Race for the Cure, please visit this link (our team page) : http://www.active.com/donate/KomenHI/ACulbre

Old 09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Wow, we don't have a full team yet, however, we have pulled up to third in fundraising (as of 1:55pm today). I talked to Darrel today and this will definitely be a MINI Motoring Hearts event (even if we have to do it individually).

I hate to beg like this but I am really hoping that we can get the minimum of ten team members to official form the HMMC Team. PLEASE sign up for the team!

Old 09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Seven team members now! A minimum of three more needed to keep the team!

Old 09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Brihyanna
6th Gear
I would really love to do this, but I am not going to be here! Can I sign up, pay, and then just be there in spirit?
My new MINI demands I be on the mainland, she demands motoring and I must comply.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:20 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DaKineMINI
Seven team members now! A minimum of three more needed to keep the team!
We have EIGHT now! Two more needed!

Originally Posted by Brihyanna
I would really love to do this, but I am not going to be here! Can I sign up, pay, and then just be there in spirit?
My new MINI demands I be on the mainland, she demands motoring and I must comply.
Not sure how it works but if you're not going to get a t-shirt, you might as well donate the like amount to the HMMC team's fundraising efforts (no pressure to do this though) - Feedback (Peter) did this, as you may know he is away from us for the next six months or so.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:20 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Ten has been reached! Thanks for all that signed-up as being team members.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:18 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
If we join the team do we register online right now or as a team tomorrow?
Let us know what to do.

Old 09-24-2006, 01:04 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minihune
If we join the team do we register online right now or as a team tomorrow?
Let us know what to do.
Online right now, up to and by tomorrow.

When you sign up online, designate that you are signing up for the team (not as an individual) and you will be able to choose the team from a pull-down menu. Our team is Hawaii MINI Motoring Club (HMMC). I think most of us are signing up for the non-timed choice though a runner like you might want to be timed.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:33 PM
jipc
1st Gear
Komen Race

Just signed myself and a friend up for the race- see you there.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:41 PM
minihune
OK, thanks for the info.

I signed up and registered online this morning. Came to $21.60 with processing fee. Maybe I can drag one of my family to come out early to walk with us.

Will there be someone to pick up our race packets at Aloha Tower Marketplac? If so then we can distribute them before the race if we have a meeting area and time selected. We will need a place to park- can we park and meet in the same area? People will be there from 4 am.

Are we going to try to wear our HMMC T-shirts? Black or white versions?
Maybe any version.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:17 AM
kbseto
5th Gear
team t-shirts? sounds good...only thing is i don't think i have one?

Old 09-25-2006, 10:13 AM
jipc
1st Gear
HMMC T shirts? never got one - even tho I put myself on the list a long time ago.How can I get one now?

Old 09-25-2006, 12:54 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jipc
HMMC T shirts? never got one - even tho I put myself on the list a long time ago.How can I get one now?
Oh man, not this again.

On 05/02/06 you posted on the following thread : https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=54573

Originally Posted by jipc
I am confused. I am a HMMC member and have no clue what has become of the t shirts. I know I sent Brad an email MONTHS ago ( I saw it here) to place an order. Post after post and still no clear cut answer- are the t shirts coming?
On the same thread, on 07/18/06 & 07/27/06, I tried to close the issue by posting the following :

I don't think she will be back online soon. She has been busy and actually stepped-down from the club.

We did not get the issues worked out with the screenprinters and thus altogether dropped that vendor. We have a new person on this matter and hope to get samples to check out soon. If/when we have t-shirts for sale, we will post on a new thread. Right now we are working on the stickers first - these will be out soon.

Because we are going with a new vendor, all previous prices can not be met; therefore, all previous requests for shirts can not be met (to be honest, we do not know what the past person in charge was doing so we need to start with a clean slate). In order to avoid confusion and frustration, we will NOT be taking requests for t-shirts (or stickers) until the shirts (or stickers) are actually ready this time.
To clarify......if/when we do have shirts for sale outside of the club, we will post in a new thread to avoid confusion. We have no shirts available and never ran our production run (due to the above problem), and we currently do not have any run scheduled.......

jipc,

The t-shirts that minihune was referring to (and some of us were lucky to get) was from the "test run" that keikilee did (a long time ago). There may be a possibility that keikilee still has some leftovers from that run; however, the club is not in possession of these, if they exist. As I tried to previously state, no announcement will be made until shirts are actually available for ordering. I apologize for not being able to, still , meet your desire to purchasing a HMMC shirt.

I am truly sorry for your frustration on this matter.

Sincerely,
Dirk

Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
OK, thanks for the info.

I signed up and registered online this morning. Came to $21.60 with processing fee. Maybe I can drag one of my family to come out early to walk with us.

Will there be someone to pick up our race packets at Aloha Tower Marketplac? If so then we can distribute them before the race if we have a meeting area and time selected. We will need a place to park- can we park and meet in the same area? People will be there from 4 am.

Are we going to try to wear our HMMC T-shirts? Black or white versions?
Maybe any version.
I have asked our Komen Race for Cure TEAM LEADER (groove 67) to chime-in and respond to your question. Great question BTW.

There was a black version of the t-shirt? I have only seen the white one that keikilee ran as a trial run.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:36 PM
minihune
The black HMMC shirt was also a limited run that Keiki helped with for the Arthritis walk at Pearlridge two years ago. It is plain with just the type "Hawaii MINI Motoring club".

Anyone want to volunteer to help the club with a T-shirt that we can wear for club events? Please let us know.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:07 PM
groove67
1st Gear
Annessa and I will pick up the packets for the team as soon as we can. If someone wants to come up with a place to meet and then go do the walk thats cool. Annessa has been doing most of the work but I am picking it up now, she has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and we have spent theis week and part of last week dealing with the Docs. She is okay but it will still take a while to get through the appointments. As I get more information I will let everybody know throught both of the web sites.

Allen

Old 10-07-2006, 12:11 AM
minihune
HMMC surges forward to take the LEAD!!!!

As of 9pm HST Team HMMC has surged into the #1 team position-

Come on team lets get cracking and pull away!

http://www.active.com/donate/KomenHI

Good Work!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 10:44 AM
minihune
Fighting back up

We are still going up and currently in Second place as a team.

Please help if you can!

http://www.active.com/donate/KomenHI/BradLau
We appreciate any support you can offer!
Thanks.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
minihune
Currently in Second place as a team. Not much chance to get back to first place but was good while it lasted!

Please help if you can! Even a small donation.

http://www.active.com/donate/KomenHI/BradLau

We appreciate your support!

Aloha from Hawaii.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by groove67 on HMMC Website Forum
I picked up the packet today for the walk/race. We have numbers and T-shirts. Dirk, I didnt know what size to get for your daughter so I guessed at a youth large. Parking for the race is at Kapiolani Community College, it opens at 0500 and a bus runs to Kapiolani park. The start time is at 0700 on the 22nd of Oct. I am open to suggestions on a meeting place so we can caravan. I will have all the shirts and race numbers with me.
Allen
Groove67 posted the above on our HMMC website's forum.

Should we just meet at the KCC parking lot at a designated time (like maybe 6:30am)? Or meet somewhere else and caravan to the KCC parking lot? Not sure how big that parking lot is but if we meet there let's meet nearest to the Diamond Head Theatre (the only part of the parking lot I know ).

I am hoping we can finalize this today and am taking suggestions.

Thanks,
Dirk

Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
minihune
KCC parking lot will be very very busy. This is a big race. Maybe 8000-10,000?

It's likely if we meet at KCC we will need to park anywhere there is space and then walk over the the side near to Diamond Head Theater to pick up our race packets. Then walk to the bus pick up area.

We need to leave enough time to catch the bus down to the park and start area.

I'd suggest about 6 to 630am to meet then head down to the start which is by the ZOO.

Lets just set something up and let others know.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:11 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
KCC parking lot will be very very busy. This is a big race. Maybe 8000-10,000?

It's likely if we meet at KCC we will need to park anywhere there is space and then walk over the the side near to Diamond Head Theater to pick up our race packets. Then walk to the bus pick up area.

We need to leave enough time to catch the bus down to the park and start area.

I'd suggest about 6 to 630am to meet then head down to the start which is by the ZOO.

Lets just set something up and let others know.
Good points and we'll go with your suggestion but let's tighten the window because with that many folks I can just imagine that the buses are going to be full. Let's meet between 5:45 am and 6:15 am. Park where you can but meet near the DHT side of KCC parking lot. Then we go in together.

Quick Reply: [Hawaii] "Komen Race for Cure" Team HMMC