Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

HMMC Sticker Contest

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 03:58 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMMC Sticker Contest

Many of you expressed interest in having an HMMC sticker for your MINI.

We'd like to have a contest to design a new sticker, for all of those people who bought their MINIs a bit too late to be charter members!

Here's what to do:

Design your lsticker. Be creative and innovative...remember to incorporate "Hawaii" and the MINI in your lsticker somehow.

Then, either post it here in this thread or email it to info@hawaiiMINIclub.org.

All submissions must be posted or emailed by midnight on October 15, 2005.

One submission per member only, please!

Here's how we'll choose the winner:

All designs submitted will be placed on a ballot.

At out October 30th Halloween meet, we'll distribute the ballots first thing in the morning. The votes will tabulated that day, and the winner will be announced.

You must be present to win and/or vote, so come on out for some MINI Halloween Fun (details on that to follow)!!

The winner will receive $25 American Express Gift Card, which you can use ANYWHERE!

Old 10-06-2005, 04:09 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
My suggestion(s) for 2nd gen HMMC decals

--My suggestion for the second gen decal was to take the original decal and make the black portion of the decal where the car is and make it clear instead. So if a member wanted to they could put the decal on a body colored part of their Mini and customize their sticker so that it would be the same color as their own Mini. This posed a little problem for pepper white Mini's so I did a color invert and came out with some interesting results. Have a look. I know technically it's two submissions but ah I'll risk disqualification for a cool decal for the club. Lemme know what ya think. Thanks y'all.

--keith

Attached Thumbnails HMMC Sticker Contest-mini-ver2.jpg   HMMC Sticker Contest-mini-ver2.1.jpg  
Old 10-06-2005, 06:16 AM
Blown-Lone-Star
3rd Gear
its a great idea, but im sure some of us do not want to put decals on our paint.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:15 AM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pyratio
--My suggestion for the second gen decal was to take the original decal and make the black portion of the decal where the car is and make it clear instead. So if a member wanted to they could put the decal on a body colored part of their Mini and customize their sticker so that it would be the same color as their own Mini. This posed a little problem for pepper white Mini's so I did a color invert and came out with some interesting results. Have a look. I know technically it's two submissions but ah I'll risk disqualification for a cool decal for the club. Lemme know what ya think. Thanks y'all.

--keith
You're not going to be DQ'd That looks really cool.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:47 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
i was thinking about this and looking into applying the decal from the inside (like lower or upper corner of windshield.). so to do this, each color layer needs to be with vinyl and applied from the inside (kinda like the tax plate in europe).

just a thought.

Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
but if they have tint...it can't be seen as well...right?

I would like to put the decal on the outer right bottom of the rear window... but I am planning on having 35% tint...

I gif'd the one Pryatio did and make the background transparent... click on it to see

Attached Thumbnails HMMC Sticker Contest-mini-ver2a.gif  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:53 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
that might work. need to talk to whom ever printing these guys.

imo, i kinda like to stick it on the windsheild....if i was doing this on my side window, i would like a pair (one for each side).

Old 10-14-2005, 07:00 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
here's my entry...

what do you guys think?

the aloha tower is the "ala big ben" and the 50 means the 50th state appears to look like a number used on a car (them number decals). i had this before my "drama" that happened to my MCS..

Attached Thumbnails HMMC Sticker Contest-miniclub2.jpg  
Old 10-16-2005, 02:49 AM
pyratio
--Really nice Louis! that looks cool!

--pyratio

Originally Posted by cwlouis
what do you guys think?

the aloha tower is the "ala big ben" and the 50 means the 50th state appears to look like a number used on a car (them number decals). i had this before my "drama" that happened to my MCS..

Old 10-30-2005, 11:06 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
Louis, we loved you design...your prize is in the mail!!! However, the board has decided to do a reprint of the current sticker and distribute them with membership or renewal. They may also be avilable for sale. However, we'd like to use the design in the furture, possible on a club shirt, if thats ok with you!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:12 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
woooohoooo! i can buy some new undies to match my MCS... just kidding thanks everyone. but yes, lmk and i can pass this file over! i'm ok with what ever you want to print them on....

Originally Posted by bellybean329
Louis, we loved you design...your prize is in the mail!!! However, the board has decided to do a reprint of the current sticker and distribute them with membership or renewal. They may also be avilable for sale. However, we'd like to use the design in the furture, possible on a club shirt, if thats ok with you!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:25 PM
bellybean329
3rd Gear
Thanks again.:smile:

BTW...I hope your car gets well soon :smile:

Old 11-03-2005, 01:32 AM
pyratio
Yay! Stickers! I love stickers!!

--Yay, when can we expect the new stickers to be available? Does that mean the in-between members have to pay for a sticker tho? Either way I can't wait for the new batch. Put me down for at least 2. I want one in the front too! HMMC stickers are almost a sure fire way to tell if a MINI driver is cool or not. Once in a blue moon a non HMMC member will wave, but usually most MINI drivers just give you a blank stare. S'alright it happens on motorcycles too. Albeit much more rarely. Anyway regardless of waves I'm proud to be a member of our cool club and I'd like to show my colors proudly.

--pyratio

Originally Posted by bellybean329

Old 11-03-2005, 08:41 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
I'll place the order with the original printer unless someone tells me otherwise. Let me know by next week Monday. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2005, 12:38 AM
pyratio
updates?

--Was the order placed? When can we get em? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :impatient Sorry too much caffeine. *unplugs intravenous coffe drip*

--pyratio

Originally Posted by keikilee
I'll place the order with the original printer unless someone tells me otherwise. Let me know by next week Monday. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2005, 01:18 AM
keikilee
5th Gear
Yes, I placed the order with the printers. Just waiting to hear back from them with an updated quote. They did our last printing so have everything set up and can turn around the job in about a week.

I hope to have them done by the MINI to the Max event. More info to follow!

Estimated cost is about $2.50ea.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:26 AM
pyratio
me want stickies!!!

--Any updates on the HMMC decals? I wanna get badged!

--pyratio

Old 04-23-2006, 04:16 PM
drew1969
Neutral
New to forum

New MINI motorist here. I am interested in this decal. How can I get one?

Thanks

Old 04-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Larry Clemens
5th Gear
I'd like to buy a decal / sticker too. How do I get one? Please send me a PM or email. Thanks.