General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYC Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 PM
fairladyz_gt-r
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC Auto Show

Hey guys, i am just wondering are they anything i should know before attending NYC Auto Show? since this will be the first ever auto show in the US, i am wondering if there is any emm....rule? or ediquite(sp) i should know. Like for example in Thailand car can be sold in auto show, while in Taiwan it is forbidden to do so. In Thailand and Taiwan most of the expensive car are lock and alot of time the sales can be a ****...So anything i should know about? I will be comparing MCS R56, 350z, and GDB-F STi (the new WRX doesn't make me feel like i must have her), so any advise on dealing with these manufacture will be great!(Nissan & Subaru are great in both Taiwan and Thailand)

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-31-2007, 03:59 AM
mikeoconnor1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have gone a few times. First, the place will be crowded if you go on the weekends. Most of the cars are open to the public to sit in but some are roped off. I would expect the new STI to be for show only, possibly on a rotating pedestal. I doubt you will have any problem getting into a MINI or Nissan. There will be company reps available to answer questions, but you will not be able to buy a car there.
When I go, I use it as a way to see future vehicles and to get an up close look at the current models without having to visit 20 different dealerships. With every brand represented, you could widen your search, you may find something that interests you that you did not expect.

On a side note, it was the NYIAS that I first saw the MINI in the spring of 2002. We ordered our first one in November of that year.