General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MINI Owners "Esprit de Corp"

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Adrian Valverde
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MINI Owners "Esprit de Corp"

A quick story about a real cool interaction with another MINI owner here in Baltimore:

I was on craigslist looking for some rims. My search found someone selling an EOM Countryman Sunshade for a few bucks. Contacted him and we set up a meet: Chipotle. (woot!)
He was running a little late he texted, and I replied: "My wife and I will be eating inside"

He pulls in just as we finished. We shook hands talked about MINI's and afterwards he just gave me the sunshade. There was no forcing money on this gentleman..and whats more, he reached in his car (a MINI, naturally) and tossed me the shorty antenna from his previous JCW Countryman!

I wont post his name but, that small gesture made my whole week.

Even driving around town all the MINI's passing by wave. That never happened with my Mazda.

EDIT: Anyone have any other similiar stories?

Picture related.

Last edited by Adrian Valverde; 06-02-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:38 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
That's great!

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-02-2017, 03:38 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
No but if you come across somebody that wants to give their old Gen1 JCW away, let me know.

What color is your car?

Old 06-02-2017, 04:15 PM
MiniTigger
5th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
That's a GREAT story. I'm out the Frederick way and every now and then they wave back.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:47 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Great story to share, and great sun shade, the dealer gave me one when I picked up Lucy and I have used it every sunny day.

They have started killing off the stubby with the new Clubman and Countryman that only have shark fins. Soon they will make something you can affix over the shark fin so you can add an antenna with a ball or stubby.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:27 PM
bhmini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the shark fin is all you need, why would you want a stubby? I assume the terrestrial radio antenna is contained Ned within the shark fin.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:52 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 177 Likes on 166 Posts
Check out the Carlisle MINI Club, we have lots of activities and bring in members from NY, MD, VA and points farther.

https://www.meetup.com/CarlisleMINI/

Great group activities and loads of MINi fun.

We Support "Save the Wave"

Motor On!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
There are a lot of really nice people, which is usually blotted out by the lesser amount of not so nice people.

Local Portlander let me come to his home recently to demo his stereo, he certainly didn't have to do that. Much appreciated!

Here is my story of a recent NON MINI event. Standing in line a much younger and larger person wanted to skip in front of me because he had one item. If you have ever been to Costco you know how fast those lines move. I'd politely said no and he started whining about how he asked me nicely and I replied that I answered him politely. He wouldn't shut up about it and actually followed me out to my car still complaining. In all my years I've never once asked anybody to let me get in front of them, I consider it rude and would only do so if somebody offered to let me go ahead, I usually decline anyway.