General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No that is not a "Minivan"

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
No that is not a "Minivan"

Just got back from a tour on the Blue Ridge Parkway put on by Tarheel Mini Club of here in North Carolina. Was just about every type of "modern" MINI represented. Two groups, one sightseeing and one for spirited driving. I have had lots of cars over the years, you can see my signature below for the types, but never did any auto-crossing or track racing. Some of the roads off the Parkway are amazing relative to incline, switchbacks and just plain old curves.

Anybody that has any notion that the new "big" Minis (any of the 4-door models) are not great sport cars should drop that thought like a bad habit. I was not riding in those types of cars but was driving with those types of cars and all I can say is that I am amazed.

At dinner one guy was describing the curves as "that was a 2nd gear one." The guy was a Justa driver but on the downhill runs, that little car was per a recent post, "a rat on acid." I came up with an acronym for some of the lady drivers, Danica Patrick has nothing on them, that I suggested the Tour Leader should look into making up a bumper sticker for - WMW. Sorry Way Motors but there were more than one "Wild Mini Woman" that could kick some serious car driving butt.

Had a great time with some Great Cars and People.

The following users liked this post:
MiniTigger (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 05:00 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Sounds like a great time. Our last drive here Lucy kept up well but I had to crowd a few corners to keep in the line.

The following users liked this post:
MiniTigger (06-18-2017)