General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone has to know someone!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
ericmakkar
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone has to know someone!!

Hey everybody!!!!

You and your MINI are looking good today ... Can you tell I need help? I'm going to be in Boulder, CO from March 7-11 and am having difficulty finding a rental. The reason I'm having difficulty is that I'm 19 and I dont have 70$ a day to pay for a rental.

Does anybody know of rental companies that rent to 19y/o's, or know somebody that works at a rental company, OR know anyone that can help.

All input is appreciated!

Thank you,
Eric!!

Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
All the rental companies I know of out here are 21 and up.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 AM
gixxerjasen
4th Gear
Good luck. I happened to be 20 when all the rental companies made the jump to 21 and found myself in Dallas needing to look for an apartment for my new job here and no one would rent to me. I think we solved it by someone at my new workplace renting one and then adding me as a driver, but that's been 14 years and I don't remember clearly nor am I sure it still works the same way.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:58 AM
axleR56
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ericmakkar
Hey everybody!!!!

You and your MINI are looking good today ... Can you tell I need help? I'm going to be in Boulder, CO from March 7-11 and am having difficulty finding a rental. The reason I'm having difficulty is that I'm 19 and I dont have 70$ a day to pay for a rental.

Does anybody know of rental companies that rent to 19y/o's, or know somebody that works at a rental company, OR know anyone that can help.

All input is appreciated!

Thank you,
Eric!!

The only way that I was able to drive a rental before I was of age was through my insurance company (driving a car while mine was being repaired). Maybe they can help you out?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
In my city here there is a place called Rent a Wreck. They rent old Metros and Aspires to anybody with a driver's license for cheap. I forgot the prices. Maybe there is something like this in Colorado.