General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can u decrease the time for the interior lights to turn off when exiting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 PM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can u decrease the time for the interior lights to turn off when exiting?

Long question. I am not talking of the timing for the pathway lights--just the interior lights when exiting the vehicle. Mine take around 25-30 seconds. Seems like a long time.

Next question: Are the daytime running lights for my '11 JCW the same as for my old '05 MCS. I don't remember the Zenons being on as the day time running lights on my '05 MCS. Thanks for the info. Nick

Old 06-18-2011, 06:35 AM
klricks
4th Gear
The dim out time can not be changed.

If you want the radio etc to go off right away then either press the start/stop button longer when you turn off the engine or press it a 2nd time.

The MINI DRL is different than most other DRL systems on other cars. For MINI DRL turns on all lights with headlights at full power, tail lights, marker lights etc all on.
With DRL, on other cars, only the headlights come on at a reduced power.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:13 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
I don't know of adjustments for the interior light shut off, but something may be available through NCS programming (https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...xpert-diy.html). You can make them turn off right away if you lock the car.

Originally Posted by DoubleNick
Are the daytime running lights for my '11 JCW the same as for my old '05 MCS.
No, operation of DRL's changed with the 2nd gen MINI. The issue is bi-xenon headlights. They could no longer use dimmed high beams because xenon lamps are not dimmable (the '05 had halogen high beams). They should have designed separate LED DRL's as in many other cars in this price range, but I guess it was a cost cutting issue.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:30 PM
DoubleNick
4th Gear
Thanks for the replies fellow members. It is nice that we have some very knowledgeable folks on board. Nick