General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

June 2011 Incentives??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 02:49 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June 2011 Incentives??

We have come to the last couple of days of the May incentive program. Starting this thread for rumors, and ultimately confirmation of what, if any, June incentive program will MINI put in place??

Personally, my MINI is coming off the Independence II ship in Baltimore today. It will be at my dealer in a week, so I have strong interest in the June incentive program.

Speculation mode: I think they will be continuing some package incentives into June. Here's why:
1) Rumor has it that people can start ordering 2012's in June for August delivery. That means they need to start clearing 2011's that are on dealer's lots. Incentives help sell the current year when buyers contemplate ordering the new.
2) The Tsunami-driven shortage of MINI Connected and Auto transmissions means there are shortages of these items in dealer stock. They need to align some incentives to move the stock that doesn't have these features.

We will see in a couple of days, but what do you think? We have two days before reality crashes down on a good speculative thread. Speculate away in the mean time!

Ken

Old 05-31-2011, 05:29 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
183 reads but no speculation?

Let me throw in one. Got an e-mail from a dealership I queried during my search but didn't order from. They said I should come in and buy today because MINI had announced that the package incentives would not be continued past May.

Forwarded that to my MA who responded that MINI had sent out an ambiguous memo that seemed to clearly state that the incentive for the free Premium Package would not be continued into June (dang - my MINI has that). But is was fuzzy whether they were saying all package incentives, of just the one for the Premium Package.....

Tomorrow will tell...

Old 05-31-2011, 06:11 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
I am quite nervous that there will not be any incentives of note, as the cars are again selling themselves. Check out the April sales numbers:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2011/05/...or-april-2011/

Why would they keep incentives?

I have a MCS convertible, nicely optioned, due in June 8, and I'm afraid I missed out on the nice package deals. I ordered it April 2 and remember thinking that surely I'd get it before June!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Chuck617
2nd Gear
I think they will have some incentive for the 2011 models. I don't have any experience to back that up, but it makes sense to help move the cars that are on the lot. I hope so at least, mine wont be here until July

Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by erferguson26
I am quite nervous that there will not be any incentives of note, as the cars are again selling themselves. Check out the April sales numbers:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2011/05/...or-april-2011/

Why would they keep incentives?
I hear you - at the same time, those sales numbers are due to the incentives, and are still only a fraction of what Honda sells in just Accord's and Toyota in just Camry's in a single month (see http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/05...n-america.html)

I am more concerned with the constraints on automatic transmissions and MINI Connected systems due to the Japanese tsunami causing them to slow production. If they are forced to do that, why encourage sales with incentives??

But, if they are really switching over to 2012 models, most makes keep end of year incentives in place.

Tomorrow will tell!!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
and of course I have a 6 speed manual (never an incentive) and Connect with Nav (in short supply), plus what was said about the Premium Package ... it's not looking good!

Though like you said, if they are moving the 2011's then I might have hope.

(also, the article said convertibles sales are down, so maybe a $2000 credit on 2011 convertibles? One can hope!)

Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
I heard from my MA that I'll get $1750 for the nav!

Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Harumph! My MA said no package incentives on hardtops. There is a $500 manual transmission credit, but only if I don't take my 0.9% locked financing. He didn't say what incentives existed for other models. Maybe it is for convertibles only...

I will be way annoyed if I sit with the only incentive less model this month.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Wow - just checked miniusa.com. Up to a couple of hours ago, item "1" in their rotating 3 items was still the May incentives, and under "Learn" there was an entry for the fine print on the offers.

That is all gone away. Item "1" is their technology features. And the item under the Learn menu is gone. All mention of incentives are wiped away.

Hmmm...

Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 309 Likes on 222 Posts
Website currently reads "check back soon for our latest special offers"

Direct link: http://www.miniusa.com/#/financialSe...LoanSpecials-s

Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
Here's my email dialogue (the $1575 apparently is what the manufacturer sends to the dealer):

Re: Get $1,000 Off Any New 2011 MINI
To: erferguson26
Hi ****,

Yes, I just got them, we have the $1575 option credit for Premium package or Navigation system.

Asif

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:18pm
To: "Asif Dossani" <asif.dossani@atlantamini.com>
Subject: Re: Get $1,000 Off Any New 2011 MINI

Have you heard yet about June incentives?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Old 06-02-2011, 12:39 AM
vnt001
Neutral
hey guys

some sites starting to post the MINI JUNE JAZZ incentives...not clear what they are...but looks like financing with free option credit and a 500 manual trans credit.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 AM
hoyme
2nd Gear
Got more details from my MA.

The June package incentives are the same as May (Premium, Sport or MINI Connected with Nav) but only apply to the Convertible (base, S and JCW) and Clubman (base, S and JCW). The Hardtop doesn't have any package incentives this month.

There is a $500 credit for manual transmission. For some reason, that can't be used with the 0.9% financing - at least my locked financing. Don't know if there is new financing available this month or not.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
amanda@alexandermini
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by hoyme
Got more details from my MA.

The June package incentives are the same as May (Premium, Sport or MINI Connected with Nav) but only apply to the Convertible (base, S and JCW) and Clubman (base, S and JCW). The Hardtop doesn't have any package incentives this month.

There is a $500 credit for manual transmission. For some reason, that can't be used with the 0.9% financing - at least my locked financing. Don't know if there is new financing available this month or not.
The finance rates stayed the same as May just the ability to take the package with a hardtop changed. So we still have .9% for 24 months, but if you locked in the .9% financing prior to May (which I am guessing you did) then your MA is correct you can not piece together the two incentives. So you would either have to take the 2.9% for 60 months and the $500 credit for manual transmission or you would have to take the .9% finaning.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
Originally Posted by hoyme

The link I referenced above indicated that convertible sales were actually down in April despite a 67% increase in sales overall. That must be why the incentives only apply to convertibles.

Looks like I got lucky there!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:16 AM
kedmini
1st Gear
Just wanted to note something on the APR. When I went in and bought my car at the end of May, I didn't get any pre-financing approval because I figured I'd just go with the MINI incentive APR offered. I have credit in the 800s and was surprised they couldn't get anything lower for me than 2.9 for 60 months (not sure they tried very hard pending profit lol). I originally went with 72 months extended loan but immediately regretted the decision, looked around at some refinancing options, and called back a day or 2 later telling the dealership I was considering refinancing.

Well, the paperwork hadn't gone through (Memorial weekend) and boy did they jump on the "Well what APR were you offered? We'll see if we can get the bank to match it" train. I'm a little too honest for my own good, so I told 'em 2.7 for 60 (I should have said lower lol Ah well, hindsight) and she called me back within, literally, 30 seconds to tell me they'd do 2.7 and I'd be getting a new financing contract in the mail within a couple days.

Just goes to show you that if you "threaten" to take away their profit (because dealers get a cut of the interest) they will work to please you. Of course depends on who you financed with, but it was interesting how it all worked out in the end. Definitely think getting quotes from banks beforehand is a smart idea (that's what I get for being impulsive)!

Old 06-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Eclipse11S
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So Amanda from the Dealership and some of the MA's say the incentives don't apply to certain models.
Why is the Mini website not updated???
Could there be a change cause I'm sure they want to sell as many 2011's as possible and start taking orders for the 2012 soon.
I'm hoping for my Hardtop cause I told my MA before I ordered that I'm not paying a penny more if there are No incentives.
Ive waited this long and the 11's are going to depreciate a little bit.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Heidijo
1st Gear
June Incentives are up on the Mini website finally!

http://www.miniusa.com/#/financialServices-m

Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Eclipse11S
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw it and Very Disappointed.
Was Hoping for some changes.
Maybe next month they have a free package for the Hardtop.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:05 AM
harborguy
1st Gear
When were the June incentives effective?

Does anybody know when the incentives were actually in place for June and when the dealers were notified. I was told by a dealer on June 4 that there were no incentives from MINI other than the Rock the Rivals Certificate, which could only be used at that dealer where I attended the event. All package incentives were done. Is any of that correct? I was not aware of any incentive for a manual transmission (was there a catch in the small print?) which I did buy, or the incentive packages for equipment, which I would have purchased and specifically asked about (of course none were available at that dealer). This all leaves me with an unpleasant buying experience which is too bad since so far I'm pretty happy with my car.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:49 AM
amanda@alexandermini
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by harborguy
Does anybody know when the incentives were actually in place for June and when the dealers were notified. I was told by a dealer on June 4 that there were no incentives from MINI other than the Rock the Rivals Certificate, which could only be used at that dealer where I attended the event. All package incentives were done. Is any of that correct? I was not aware of any incentive for a manual transmission (was there a catch in the small print?) which I did buy, or the incentive packages for equipment, which I would have purchased and specifically asked about (of course none were available at that dealer). This all leaves me with an unpleasant buying experience which is too bad since so far I'm pretty happy with my car.
Programs are released monthly; although, sometimes the programs for the prior month do run through the 3rd and we get progams on the 4th that all depends on what day of the week the month ends. Now the package incentives did go away if you purchased a hardtop Cooper or Cooper S. The packages incentives are only valid on the convertibles and Clubman so your dealership is right about that. For the Rocks the Rivals coupon you could use that at any dealership not the dealership you got it at. Also keep in mind that often times the package or free options do not qualify when you are leasing the car. Right now if you get a clubman or conv and you leasae the car does not qualify for the free option, but if you finance it would. I hope this all makes sense to you. if you have any quesitons please feel free to ask!

Old 06-17-2011, 12:44 PM
harborguy
1st Gear
I bought a 2011 convertible base manual on 6/4. I was told after specifically asking, that there were no incentives as in May. I wasn't told anything about the $500 until I saw it on the Miniusa site. I also asked if I could use the certificate from rock the rivals anywhere and was told it was only valid at the dealer where the "rock the rivals" visit took place. All of these things would have allowed me or at least influenced me to move up to an S convertible with additional equipment. Obviously, the dealer did and said what they had to do to set my expectations and make a sale. Unfortunately I trusted them. Maybe somehow this was all for the good, but I had hoped for more honesty and a straightforward process from a MINI dealer. I kept hearing that they weren't like the other dealers. I didn't consider that it might go either way. I hope the car won't turn out to be a disappointment too.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
harborguy,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like your dealer was less than ethical.

I took delivery on June 9 of a MCS convertible with sport package, premium package, navigation, and a manual transmission. I qualified for the following incentives:

$1575 for premium or nav
$1000 for Rock the Rivals
$500 for manual transmission

The dealer also took another $500 off and threw in some floor mats ($113), giving me a total of $3688 off MSRP. I also qualified for 0.9% financing. Note that they didn't give the full premium/nav credit, but since they combined offers I didn't feel too bad about things overall.

I went to Global Imports MINI in Atlanta. I recommend Asif, my motoring advisor, without reservation.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:36 AM
harborguy
1st Gear
Glad you got a better deal than I did. My 2011 cvt with 225 miles is currently in the shop. One of the roof latches stopped working on Saturday so the sunroof portion of the roof will not close. The top will almost open completely but the chime continues to remind me that I have a brand new car that is already letting me down. I had the pleasure of driving in the rain to my service appointment today, Tuesday, in the rain. I have a base, base model loaner while they get a new sunroof motor and contact the engineering company to try and determine why the motor failed. I don't think I'm the only one this is happening to; so good luck.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 PM
erferguson26
1st Gear
Originally Posted by harborguy
Glad you got a better deal than I did. My 2011 cvt with 225 miles is currently in the shop. One of the roof latches stopped working on Saturday so the sunroof portion of the roof will not close. The top will almost open completely but the chime continues to remind me that I have a brand new car that is already letting me down. I had the pleasure of driving in the rain to my service appointment today, Tuesday, in the rain. I have a base, base model loaner while they get a new sunroof motor and contact the engineering company to try and determine why the motor failed. I don't think I'm the only one this is happening to; so good luck.
It sounds like you got a raw deal all around, right off the bat. However, I think that once you get this convertible motor issue resolved, you will be happy with the car. I had a 2004 MCS hardtop before I got this car. I paid full sticker price and got only 6.9% financing. Its passenger side motor failed within the first 6 months, then the sunroof motor went out the next month. I thought I was in serious trouble. Happy to report that once those issues were fixed, I had 7 years of trouble-free driving (spirited driving at that). It still has its original clutch at close to 100,000 miles, despite me learning to drive a stick with the car.

Needless to say, I was happy enough with it to order another one! Keep the faith, and best of luck!

Quick Reply: June 2011 Incentives??