General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome trim - your opinion needed - headlight/tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
FlytheCooper
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome trim - your opinion needed - headlight/tail lights

My wife got side swiped on the highway in my 2010 with 6k miles on it. "Highly Unfortunate" is one way to classify it without using EXPLETIVES..

Anyway - it raises a question and I wanted to hear you opinion. I have wanted to paint or wrap the chrome around the headlights & tail lights for a while (already did the trim around the grill with vinyl (actually Lyle wrapped it)). Mini is Red, and I will be matching chrome to the body color.

So here is the question - IF you were going to wrap the trim around the lights, do you do Front And Back? I had been considering doing ONLY teh back tail light chrome but wanted to know - would it look weird if I only did the back?

As the car is getting bodywork from the @#$$%*& accident, its FREE for me to get the trim painted.

Just curious as to your opinion as to doing one set only.. Thanks!!

My car is Chili Red - someone else did it here https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...56s-guide.html

Last edited by FlytheCooper; 04-13-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Torri91
3rd Gear
I would want ALL of my chrome gone. See ya! I want it all blacked out, head lights, tail lights, grille surround, door handles, etc. I dont think it would look "weird" if you just had the tail lights blacked out, but it might looked unfinished. But it makes sense that it is a safety precaution to the unfortunate event of the accident.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Tmini08
5th Gear
First of all sorry about your car and I hope your wife is OK and doing well. I have blacked out the headlight and taillight rings on my mini and it looks good. Doing both will really help the car stand out. You should go for it I think, but do what will really make you happy in the end. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:56 AM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Torri91
I would want ALL of my chrome gone. See ya! I want it all blacked out, head lights, tail lights, grille surround, door handles, etc. I dont think it would look "weird" if you just had the tail lights blacked out, but it might looked unfinished. But it makes sense that it is a safety precaution to the unfortunate event of the accident.
So Whats UP !!! We Gonna Plasti-Dip Those Rings Or Is Josh Leaning Towards The Vinyl Wrap Still ?