General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cancelled Order and Have a New (improved) MINI on Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 06:34 PM
kraigster414
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancelled Order and Have a New (improved) MINI on Order

I had a BRG/B on order for about a month. Call me nuts (the car is currently in production) but I think I could use the Xenon lights for these aging baby boomer eyes of mine. So what did I do today? 'Drove out to the dealer, cancelled that order, and ordered instead an IB/W with Xenon lights and front fog lights. Other than the lights and the color switch, everything else is the same. I know, I'm back at the starting gate but I figure I might as well get what I really want/need and with age comes patience. I am excited about the IB/W too - especially since it appears it is being discontinued next year. (How can they discontinue such a popular color?) Yeah, the IB/W will work just fine!

Old 01-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Minifly
3rd Gear
Don't feel bad, it's hard picking color combo's because the're soo many very cool combos out there. At first I was all for DS/W then felt I saw too many in my area and thought the Mini should stand out more. I also went for IB/W and am very excited about the color combo. Funny thing is my car is in production now and I test drove a red/blk and thought that was a great combo too.

My cars 6 to 8 wks out IB/W and I can't wait to see.
:smile:

Old 01-03-2004, 10:12 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
It's good that you ordered what you wanted but the penalty is the delay.

In my area the waittimes are about 4+ months and growing so the more the delay in ordering the longer it takes to get your MINI.

What happened to the BRG/B MINI that you did order? Is it going to the dealer to be sold from the lot?

Old 01-04-2004, 05:59 AM
kraigster414
2nd Gear
>>What happened to the BRG/B MINI that you did order? Is it going to the dealer to be sold from the lot?

They'll sell it in a heartbeat as soon as it arrives on the lot. Yes, the additional delay is the downside but when it does arrrive, it will be exactly what I want. Word to the wise for those ordering: do your homework first. Sites like this one are a great resource for the prospective buyer. Learn as much as you can BEFORE you place your order.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:18 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Good luck in your new config, quite a change going from BRG/B to IB/W! They're both awesome color combo's

Cheers,
Ryan

Old 01-04-2004, 06:21 AM
jwhcars
3rd Gear
What a great color ,I am sure you will like it :smile:
Just remember when we get older TIME flys by

Old 01-04-2004, 07:26 AM
kraigster414
2nd Gear
>>What a great color ,I am sure you will like it :smile:
>>Just remember when we get older TIME flys by

Absolutely. Time does fly. It seems like I just joined this forum and I am already in 1st gear!

Old 01-04-2004, 10:55 PM
dcsmd007
Coordinator :: PDX MINI
You're not the only nut here. I'm nuttier than you. I cancelled my order TWICE. I started out with a pure silver MCS with almost all the options. Cancelled it and ordered a black one with a few options. Another month later, cancelled it again. Instead, I ended up buying one that's already on order from Classic. It's a IB/W MCS. Picking it up tomorrow.

The silver MCS came in mid-November and the black MCS is still on the ship.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
beasleyboy
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know about you but now I'm worried. I have this bad feeling that I made a huge mistake placing an order. I read other messages on this site about customers angry at Mini for errors on their orders. If I get my car and it's missing an option or has something I didn't order, what do I do? My MA has been pretty much unresponsive. He never replies so I still don't have a VIN or order # so I don't know where my car is on the production status.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Jurrell
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beasleyboy
I don't know about you but now I'm worried. I have this bad feeling that I made a huge mistake placing an order. I read other messages on this site about customers angry at Mini for errors on their orders. If I get my car and it's missing an option or has something I didn't order, what do I do? My MA has been pretty much unresponsive. He never replies so I still don't have a VIN or order # so I don't know where my car is on the production status.
Why did you bring up this thread from January 2004? Best thing to do is have your MA print out your order to ensure it's exactly as you planned. When in doubt, call MINIUSA.