General MINI Talk Shared experiences, motoring minutes, and other general MINI-related discussion that applies to all MINIs, regardless of model, year or trim.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are You Kidding Me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Fritzoc
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are You Kidding Me?

Came out of the gym this morning to this. Thankfully no dings or dents. Unbelievable.

Attached Thumbnails Are You Kidding Me?-img00088-20100227-1024.jpg  
Old 02-27-2010, 01:42 PM
moodylewdd
5th Gear
Some people are so unbelievably ignorant!!! Glad they didnt hurt your car.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:51 PM
iamsteve710
4th Gear
I'm gonna bet the driver who so "skillfully" parked next to you is a soccer mom or dad, who was chatting on their hand held cell phone, and was trying to lower the volume of the radio, while flicking the ashes of their cigarette when parking.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:00 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
I cannot tell you how angry I get when I go out of my way to park away from others and to come out with a car parked next to me. I hate door dings and I really hate door dingers. I'm just glad I was never exposed to high levels of gamma radiation.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:03 PM
oldsbear
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ftttubrgcm
I'm just glad I was never exposed to high levels of gamma radiation.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 PM
iamsteve710
4th Gear
Me too, but I'm not sure about gamma rays. I voted for Abe Lincoln, and my generation has know idea what a gamma ray is.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:37 PM
MaxGSeeker
3rd Gear
Good thing you left before they had to back out. If they steer that bad going foward, just imagine what they could do in reverse. Our son only has a learner permit and he can park waaay better, especially with an angle slot. I have noticed that with some people the more space you leave the closer they park - perhaps some form of dyslexic tunnel vision? In any case they probably shouldn't be driving at all.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 PM
OaklandMini
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fritzoc
Came out of the gym this morning to this. Thankfully no dings or dents. Unbelievable.
Unreal.

Good thing that side minivan door slides open. Morons!

Old 02-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I hate when this happens. I will seriously park at the end of the lot and come out to some massive car parked right next to me. I always check my car for dings/dents before I leave.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:44 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I should carry some caltrops for just such an occasion.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:37 PM
rgc0233
2nd Gear
Hock a loogie on them. It makes you feel better.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Evlengr
1st Gear
Justice

Had the teen daughter of a Mom driver get out of the car and basically fling the door into my Bimmer.

When I got out and looked at the mother, she started with the hand in face and don't you talk to me nonsense.

I keep a nice little sony camera handy that does video so grabbed it and placed it on my dash while she continues to rant.

I politley informed her that mistakes happen but an apology was in order. She continued to rant and then said she was leaving. At that point I had had enough and informed her that this would be called in as a hit and run she ranted more and took off.

Well short story is: Cops showed up, wrote her up as a hit and run, I found out it was a company insured vehicle she was driving off hours. She lost her job and I took it to the most expensive and best place I could find and had every ding and nick removed at their cost.

So sometimes there is justice.

ps love the caltrops idea but sharp random metal looks less incriminating *wink wink*

Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Leave a note. That's what I do.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Fatherdeth
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evlengr
Had the teen daughter of a Mom driver get out of the car and basically fling the door into my Bimmer.

When I got out and looked at the mother, she started with the hand in face and don't you talk to me nonsense.

I keep a nice little sony camera handy that does video so grabbed it and placed it on my dash while she continues to rant.

I politley informed her that mistakes happen but an apology was in order. She continued to rant and then said she was leaving. At that point I had had enough and informed her that this would be called in as a hit and run she ranted more and took off.

Well short story is: Cops showed up, wrote her up as a hit and run, I found out it was a company insured vehicle she was driving off hours. She lost her job and I took it to the most expensive and best place I could find and had every ding and nick removed at their cost.

NICE!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 05:20 PM
iamsteve710
4th Gear
My fellow MINI'istas since this happans to me, I've been following this thread. What is/are' loogie', & "caltroops"?

Thanks

SAW

Old 02-27-2010, 06:12 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Here in Texas, is known as "Reckless Damage". That is a ticket for any amount of damage but it has to be done recklessly. It could go up to a $500.00 fine plus court costs. It is Criminal Mischief if there was a level of intent such as intentionally and/or knowingly. If that teen did it on purpose, she could have been arrested if the amount of damage was over $50.00. Also, since the vehicle wasn't moving it wouldn't be traffic related for the offense to be a hit and run. Different states, different ways about doing the same thing.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to tell you what I would have done, but I think the Moderators will mark points off...for BAD Behavior!!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:31 PM
criz p. critter
1st Gear
Originally Posted by iamsteve710
My fellow MINI'istas since this happans to me, I've been following this thread. What is/are' loogie', & "caltroops"?
SAW
Hi all... First post here! Had to jump in when I saw this.

"Hock a loogie" means to gather a big, snotty wad of spit in the back of your throat, and then deliver it onto the offending driver's car.

Caltrops are those triangle-shaped spikes the military drops into the road, to disable vehicles by puncturing the tires. So in this case, you'd place one each right up behind each tire, and then hide somewhere and watch the fun when the driver backs out.

Like I said, first post here! I'm going to go over to the 1st Gear forum right now and introduce myself. Glad to be here!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:40 PM
911Fan
6th Gear
You got it all wrong -- he's protecting both cars! No way any of his doors will ding yours and if you were to leave before he does, nobody else is likely to park there so his won't be dinged either...

Old 02-27-2010, 07:16 PM
79cutlas
2nd Gear
I'm nervous about the idiots in parking lots too.

I was at work when I had my silverado. My boss comes in and says theres no way I'm getting into my truck when its time to leave. They parked so close our mirrors were touching.

It was a brand new Suburban with a 30 day tag, black.

I said sure I will. I opened the passenger side door, folded in my mirrors (power folds are awesome) I walked around to the drivers side and slide sideways between the 2 trucks. I opened my door as far as I could and then proceded to SHOVE myself into my truck, it hurt, it was like I trying to crawl back into the womb almost. The other door was fighting me, but I'm 5'8" about 210 and pretty strong in the upper body, so I just shoved, and shoved, and shoved until I was in the truck.

What I didnt know was by this time a crowd had gathered to watch, along with the owner of the new suburban. A mid 30's lady. Her face was just when I pulled out of the parking spot and she could see the 2 foot crease I left in her door. Best part is, the parking lot has a sign, "not responsible for damages" "Park in designated spaces only!"

Our parking lot had 2 lines. each were about a foot apart. There's no REAL reason to not be able to park in a standard parking space with 1 foot on each side as a gap. I pulled up next to her when I left and said "Maybe they should include parking lessons before you're allowed to leave the lot." Of course she complained to management, and their answer was "You should have parked in the lines, he had to get in his truck to leave."

I guess that was the best part about working at an aircraft plant, managment didnt care about us while we were working, they sure didnt care about us after we were out the doors. No, I dont feel bad at all.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 PM
itsminibtch
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
man that is SO ridiculous... people think cuz our cars are smaller and theirs are bigger they get part of our space. i found a new ding on my car like a week ago... total bummer.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 79cutlas
I'm nervous about the idiots in parking lots too.

I was at work when I had my silverado. My boss comes in and says theres no way I'm getting into my truck when its time to leave. They parked so close our mirrors were touching.

It was a brand new Suburban with a 30 day tag, black.

I said sure I will. I opened the passenger side door, folded in my mirrors (power folds are awesome) I walked around to the drivers side and slide sideways between the 2 trucks. I opened my door as far as I could and then proceded to SHOVE myself into my truck, it hurt, it was like I trying to crawl back into the womb almost. The other door was fighting me, but I'm 5'8" about 210 and pretty strong in the upper body, so I just shoved, and shoved, and shoved until I was in the truck.

What I didnt know was by this time a crowd had gathered to watch, along with the owner of the new suburban. A mid 30's lady. Her face was just when I pulled out of the parking spot and she could see the 2 foot crease I left in her door. Best part is, the parking lot has a sign, "not responsible for damages" "Park in designated spaces only!"

Our parking lot had 2 lines. each were about a foot apart. There's no REAL reason to not be able to park in a standard parking space with 1 foot on each side as a gap. I pulled up next to her when I left and said "Maybe they should include parking lessons before you're allowed to leave the lot." Of course she complained to management, and their answer was "You should have parked in the lines, he had to get in his truck to leave."

I guess that was the best part about working at an aircraft plant, managment didnt care about us while we were working, they sure didnt care about us after we were out the doors. No, I dont feel bad at all.
ahaha.. love it

Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear

ps love the caltrops idea but sharp random metal looks less incriminating *wink wink*
that is sweet revenge ...some ppl just need ot be taught a lesson

Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
radgator1
3rd Gear

How is having every ding and knick rather than just the single ding she caused justice

Old 02-27-2010, 10:11 PM
sleeper1995
2nd Gear
Good thing it was just a Mini and not a Clubman.

Quick Reply: Are You Kidding Me?